• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-682 vs The Culexus Assassin

@Paulo 343 isnt anywhere near 682 so there is no reaosn to assume that 682's type 8 would get cut off

Not gonna lie, I have issues with assuming that just because SCP-682 has magic/reality warping/hax we can equate that to Psyker powers and thus the Culexus can null them.

Nulling higher-dimensional powers =/= nulling a character actively keeping another character alive

Make Culex vs Kharn and see how it goes

Assassin's page says he can null "any psychic, magic, and reality warping powers", and 343's powers are Reality Warping, so Power Null should work; if Assassin's page is wrong, go complain to whoever wrote it.

Holyhotsauce said:
Not gonna lie, I have issues with assuming that just because SCP-682 has magic/reality warping/hax we can equate that to Psyker powers and thus the Culexus can null them.
To follow up on this, verse-equalization isn't even a factor, because to (my knowledge) SCP-682 doesn't use anything like and/or analogous to the Warp to use his hax. The Culexus can't be assumed to auto-null something that works on a different system than how it normally nulls things.

Hell, if we want to play by 40k's rules, SCP-682 is also technically a blank (like the Culexus) because SCP-682 has no soul.

Culexus loses to Kharn because Khorne>Blanks, not because of immortality. Kharn's immortality isn't even relevant.

Warp is basically everything supernatural, which would include the SCP reality warping God's I would think.

That being said, isn't the AP gap a bit of an issue? What with 682 not having a soul to obliterate...

Wokistan said:
Warp is basically everything supernatural, which would include the SCP reality warping God's I would think.
It's probably less that the Warp is everything supernatural, it's that pretty much everything supernatural in 40k has to do with the warp.

The idea that "these two systems of magic/hax/etc both allow for the characters to do the same thing so they work together" is not sound. It is not what characters can do with the magic/energy/power, but how the system of magic/power/etc works that allows something like verse-equalization to be put in effect for a battle.

Verse-equalization only occurs between two similar systems of magic/hax/etc, and to my knowledge RW in SCP and Warp/Chaos/Psyker powers in 40k work very differently.

Necron Pariahs have messed with other things that aren't tied directly to the warp, which are made out of the human ones. They also have some adverse effects on technology that isn't warp based.

The stats reduction thing only really comes into play against those who are powerful via magic/are daemons though.

Wokistan said:
Necron Pariahs have messed with other things that aren't tied directly to the warp, which are made out of the human ones. They also have some adverse effects on technology that isn't warp based.
The stats reduction thing only really comes into play against those who are powerful via magic/are daemons though.
"Adverse effects" isn't the same as "all of your powers cease to exist and you die"

But the magic/daemon/warp stuff works very differently in 40k than the weird system that magic works on in SCP.

The warp is so incredibly broad that nearly everything can be equalized to it in some way. Issue is that they cut things off from it entirely, with even the materium being composed of countless spatial dimensions higher than numbers can describe while the Warp is transcendent over it in its entirety. I don't see what stops it from cutting 682 off from it's help in higher spaces considering that's their basic function.

Wokistan said:
The warp is so incredibly broad that nearly everything can be equalized to it in some way. The issue is that they cut things off from it entirely, with even the materium being composed of countless spatial dimensions higher than numbers can describe while the Warp is transcendent over it in its entirety. I don't see what stops it from cutting 682 off from its help in higher spaces considering that's their basic function.
Being "incredibly broad" is not a reason for it to be equalized, the Warp needs to be proved to work in a manner similar enough to both the RW system and the magic system that is in SCP for equalization to occur for either of them.

As for cutting off SCP-682's friends in high places, I feel like there is an argument to made there about how Daemons connecting to the materium and the support 682 gets from high up are different, given how SCP-682's 'help' is not an active thing and more of a curse placed on it. (besides that 343 isn't able to be 'cut off' from the SCP material universe because it doesn't come from anything analogous to the warp or from any 'higher realm', there is nothing to cut off.)

Back