• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downgrade Gru's intelligence

Nice scans, and reasoning! I agree!

Jokes aside, you tried to cook with the stove off and are wondering why nobody wants to eat your raw ass food. Now actually make an OP with clips from the movies laying down why Gru is EG and why you disagree with it.
I’m saying he’s NOT an EG, if anyone can prove to me that he has the feats to be an EG then I’ll shut my mouth 🤞🏻

And I'm telling you to put more than the literal bare minimum effort in. To call this CRT half-baked would be a compliment, ya either put the finger grease in to make a decent case or don't bother, got it?
Nah I don’t got it bestie, there is no need for scans, his best intelligence feats are already listed on his page and they’re not even EG-worthy.

Scans are a requirement for CRTs.

I'm not yay or naying this, I'm saying I won't review it until actual effort has been put in to proving he ain't EG.
I’ll make the efforts tomorrow but it’s already clear that there’s no need for scans as I’ll just be wasting my time on things that have already been thoroughly evaluated (and wrongly).

If they've been wrongly evaluated then that's even more reason to post the actual scans, what the hell are you on about?
They’ve been evaluated, as to why they’re good intelligence feats, but they haven’t been interpreted correctly (like making him an EG somehow)

What?
My memory is that bad?
I'm getting THAT old?
liz.alterman-202114020614577906.jpg

anyways while the thread is buttcheeks it doesn't mean it isn't talking about the right thing. Gru is a genius for sure but he isn't guaranteed to be EG. A lot of his inventions are done either by or in tandem with Dr. Nefario.
Gru's best intelligence feat I'd say is the time he created a working small space rocket all by himself when he was like 5 years of age and didn't seem to even have the minions or a proper lab. He did make many inventions such as freeze ray and his flying machines but otherwise he hasn't really made anything too crazy since, especially considering he is done with villainy now.

If him building a working space rocket at 5 years of age with limited resources and no help is enough for EG then he is EG. If it isn't then he's just high-end Genius.
You can't just make a thread downgrading something with absolutely no explanation as to why.
thoughts?

anyways while the thread is buttcheeks it doesn't mean it isn't talking about the right thing. Gru is a genius for sure but he isn't guaranteed to be EG. A lot of his inventions are done either by or in tandem with Dr. Nefario.
Gru's best intelligence feat I'd say is the time he created a working small space rocket all by himself when he was like 5 years of age and didn't seem to even have the minions or a proper lab. He did make many inventions such as freeze ray and his flying machines but otherwise he hasn't really made anything too crazy since, especially considering he is done with villainy now.

If him building a working space rocket at 5 years of age with limited resources and no help is enough for EG then he is EG. If it isn't then he's just high-end Genius.

thoughts?
That’s correct, and no, making a highly engineered construction with limited resources while also being a child isn’t stated to be a qualification for EG.

Scans are a requirement for CRTs.

I'm not yay or naying this, I'm saying I won't review it until actual effort has been put in to proving he ain't EG.
What scans did you expect him to provide? He's saying there isn't a reason for EG on the profile, how more can he prove the non existence of reasoning/evidence on a profile than by showing the profile?

What scans did you expect him to provide? He's saying there isn't a reason for EG on the profile, how more can he prove the non existence of reasoning/evidence on a profile than by showing the profile?
Maybe not scans but preferably more explanation than just “he shouldn’t be rated that high”. Preferably a debunk of his current rating

That's what I've been saying but apparently I need to do a full rundown and disprove each intelligence feat he has..

Provide times Gru couldn’t build something, couldn’t outsmart another villain. Its like five movies, I’m sure there’s times he’s been outdone

Provide times Gru couldn’t build something, couldn’t outsmart another villain. Its like five movies, I’m sure there’s times he’s been outdone
No.... That doesn't even make any sense. You're not required to prove something isn't true if there isn't evidence it is true.

Pretty sure that's not the point. The OP is arguing against the EG because of lack of evidence, so he doesn't need to show he isn't that smart only provide the argument of why it's not enough for EG.
I agree there is not much to debunk, the reason for his EG is
  1. the rocket which is a good feat but genius would be enough
  2. Capable of using complex inventions, my opinion even gifted would be enough, but it doesn't prove any level of mastery.
  3. Outsmarting a few villains, I don't remember much about them but i'm pretty sure they weren't that smart.
  4. The possibility of him having built his lair, he didn't do it alone and we have no ideia how much he might have done, I'm sure building a few walls or just decoration would be considered "helping building" his lair and that would be something even a normal person can do.

No.... That doesn't even make any sense. You're not required to prove something isn't true if there isn't evidence it is true.
Asking for the bare minimum for a removal here. It's just about the effort put into this CRT. Makes the crt accurate, informative and useful to reference for the future if someone asks "why was Gru's EG removed"

only provide the argument of why it's not enough for EG.
Which wasn't even done.

1. the rocket which is a good feat but genius would be enough
  2. Capable of using complex inventions, my opinion even gifted would be enough, but it doesn't prove any level of mastery.
  3. Outsmarting a few villains, I don't remember much about them but i'm pretty sure they weren't that smart.
  4. The possibility of him having built his lair, he didn't do it alone and we have no ideia how much he might have done, I'm sure building a few walls or just decoration would be considered "helping building" his lair and that would be something even a normal person can do.
Oh look you did it. This is literally all that had to be done.

just to add a few things, in DM4 he managed to sneak into a super villain school with high level security by only using diapers with diaper clippings and baby powder, all while holding his baby which was an unexpected situation due to the fact that he originally was supposed to have full equipment but it flew off right before that.
He also is a secret agent who has dealt with many super villains and has broken into Baltasar Bratt's lair which is basically a giant high-tech fortress in the middle of the ocean. Even in the first movie he saw the girls once and figured out a full plan that worked out fine, and was able to sneak past Vector undetected despite unexpected issues hitting him everywhere during the heist.
This fits the "executing complex strategies even under high pressure" part

Then we have the fact that his small rocket and his weapons should be futuristic tech. We don't have most of the stuff he has irl and nobody has anything of the sort in the AVL until way later.
The small rocket is compact and clearly working. Our space rockets are usually big, having to use tons of fuel just to get off the earth. Not only does Gru make a miniature functioning rocket at 5 years of age with no help and limited materials, he also makes his own tech capable of interplanetary flight (the same ship ends up on mars at the end of the short) after he stole the moon, something that wasn't done by anyone else at that point (except for literal aliens).
We also know he has knowledge in chemistry since has created weapons such as the cheese ray.

So overall:
-Highly skilled in infiltration, capable of making plans on the fly and using minimal things to execute complex strategies
-We know he is skilled in marksmanship and close combat as he was able to pull stuff like this casually and could evade homing missiles
-We know he can make futuristic tech at 5 and later makes fully functioning interplanetary travel upgrades to his own tech
-Skilled in many sciences
-Worked together with Dr. Nefario to make a rocket that could fly to the moon and back within hours using what was basically junk

Additionally he did build and design his base as we know he already started doing that the moment he got his minions in the second minions movie. The base isn't just walls and decorations. It has complex wiring, elevator systems, it has several functioning factories for his technology and more. It was even fully redesigned into a fully functioning jam factory in the second movie.

just to add a few things, in DM4 he managed to sneak into a super villain school with high level security by only using diapers with diaper clippings and baby powder, all while holding his baby which was an unexpected situation due to the fact that he originally was supposed to have full equipment but it flew off right before that.
He also is a secret agent who has dealt with many super villains and has broken into Baltasar Bratt's lair which is basically a giant high-tech fortress in the middle of the ocean. Even in the first movie he saw the girls once and figured out a full plan that worked out fine, and was able to sneak past Vector undetected despite unexpected issues hitting him everywhere during the heist.
This fits the "executing complex strategies even under high pressure" part

Then we have the fact that his small rocket and his weapons should be futuristic tech. We don't have most of the stuff he has irl and nobody has anything of the sort in the AVL until way later.
The small rocket is compact and clearly working. Our space rockets are usually big, having to use tons of fuel just to get off the earth. Not only does Gru make a miniature functioning rocket at 5 years of age with no help and limited materials, he also makes his own tech capable of interplanetary flight (the same ship ends up on mars at the end of the short) after he stole the moon, something that wasn't done by anyone else at that point (except for literal aliens).
We also know he has knowledge in chemistry since has created weapons such as the cheese ray.

So overall:
-Highly skilled in infiltration, capable of making plans on the fly and using minimal things to execute complex strategies
-We know he is skilled in marksmanship and close combat as he was able to pull stuff like this casually and could evade homing missiles
-We know he can make futuristic tech at 5 and later makes fully functioning interplanetary travel upgrades to his own tech
-Skilled in many sciences
-Worked together with Dr. Nefario to make a rocket that could fly to the moon and back within hours using what was basically junk

Additionally he did build and design his base as we know he already started doing that the moment he got his minions in the second minions movie. The base isn't just walls and decorations. It has complex wiring, elevator systems, it has several functioning factories for his technology and more. It was even fully redesigned into a fully functioning jam factory in the second movie.
A real despicable me fan pulled up.

Back