• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dovahkiin mind and soul resistances

Hi, I was wondering which tier the resistance to Dovahkiin's soul manipulation and mind manipulation would be.

I heard that they exceed those of Bozikkodstrun who resisted Molag Bal's torture.

So would they be low 1-C or something?

I've heard previously that his Soul Resistance, along with the Soul Resistance of every other character is at 1-A (I think it had something to do with all souls being created "before existence" or something like that). Though given that even weak soul trap spells can affect some beings in TES, I'll admit I'm somewhat doubtful.

DarkGrath said:
I've heard previously that his Soul Resistance, along with the Soul Resistance of every other character is at 1-A (I think it had something to do with all souls being created "before existence" or something like that). Though given that even weak soul trap spells can affect some beings in TES, I'll admit I'm somewhat doubtful.
No, it is not something like that. Check the Dovahkiin vs Joker to see Ultima explaination.

Yeah, I was on that thread, that's where I remember it from. I'm just going off of memory since I'm quite tired and not going to be on here for much longer today. Sorry, if you remember it better than I do, would you mind summing it up for the OP?

This is what Ultima said:

"The Soul in TES has two different aspects: The Animus, which is the skin where an individual's magickal reserves, memories, lifeforce and overall individuality is contained. It's pretty much the "Soul" in the proper sense and what gets affected by Soul Gem shenanigans."

"Then there is the AE, which as a concept is vague and referenced only a few times in the lore. But it can be inferred through some external sources to be the non-dual "Divine Spark" rooted within every Mortal Spirit, which is untouched by either space and time, and is basically the part of their being through which one can achieve enlightenment and this transcendence and union with the Universe and all that shit. So yeah, it is basically the "1-A Soul" Matt talked about in that thread."

"it's pretty much inconsequential in regards to vs threads tho, so lol"

For your answer, the Dovahkiin is capable of resisting Miraak's mind control. Miraak was capable of mindhaxing hundreds of people on Solstheim.

As for his soul resistance, the Dovahkiin's soul is composed of hundreds, if not thousands of dragon souls that he killed through out his journey. Each one of these dragon souls are capable of resisting powerful spells that affect soul. This is one of the reason why the Blades said that only a dragonborn is capable of permanently killing a dragon. Because he is the only one who can absorb a dragon's soul.

Back