• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doubts about Haki + Akuma no no mi

Good afternoon everyone,

Two scenes are typically used to justify "Strong Haki nullifies weaker Haki":

1- Doflamingo kicking Luffy boundman, and stating that "it's still rubber". No harm done.

2- Katakuri, self-proclaimed superior haki, punching Luffy and dealing damage.

I learned in discussions, and also on this wiki, that haki does not nullify the body skills of akuma no mi. And even if someone kicks (using haki) a light man, he will still remain light.

Could it be that the fact that Luffy is still rubber is directly linked to the fact that tribal haki (used in G4, mochi from katakuri, bigmom) has a unique property of harmonizing fruit with hardening haki?

Luffy always inflates his bones first, then coats them with haki to use g3. In my view, normal haki "nullifies" the users' modified body through hardening.

It's a question and answer thread. The OP isn't proposing for anything, the OP wants clarification regarding how Haki interact with Akuma no mi. I'm too sleepy to give the OP an answer, i think Tempest or Emin will answer Lana's question.
Go to sleep!!! You're always sleepy

Good afternoon everyone,

Two scenes are typically used to justify "Strong Haki nullifies weaker Haki":

1- Doflamingo kicking Luffy boundman, and stating that "it's still rubber". No harm done.

2- Katakuri, self-proclaimed superior haki, punching Luffy and dealing damage.

I learned in discussions, and also on this wiki, that haki does not nullify the body skills of akuma no mi. And even if someone kicks (using haki) a light man, he will still remain light.

Could it be that the fact that Luffy is still rubber is directly linked to the fact that tribal haki (used in G4, mochi from katakuri, bigmom) has a unique property of harmonizing fruit with hardening haki?

Luffy always inflates his bones first, then coats them with haki to use g3. In my view, normal haki "nullifies" the users' modified body through hardening.

Not sure what you are trying to say....

In the databook it states
236_-_237_2.JPG

→ When the ability of the devil fruit and the armed color are combined, the destructive power is enormous!!
And it shows luffy's Red hawk...

So combining Armament Haki with devil fruit makes it stronger... That's all it says. Might also be Stronger Haki but 🤷‍♂️

I understand, I was very imprecise. Using Luffy as an example, I'm trying to say that normal kouka hardens the part of the body it was applied to, to the point of losing elasticity.

About the databook... the same thing was said about something "simple" like the kuja arrow. I don't believe this combination is unique to the devil's fruits.

Luffy stretches and put Armament Haki on it.... I'm unsure what you are trying to say....

All I have seen from you is only headcannon with no actual proof 🤷‍♂️...

This is important to remember that the databook scan does not relate to my question. Luffy can use haki on his hands and keep his arm elastic (different places). But in a hypothetical situation, could He stiffen His arm and still stretch it? as in the forms of the g4.

This is important to remember that the databook scan does not relate to my question. Luffy can use haki on his hands and keep his arm elastic (different places). But in a hypothetical situation, could He stiffen His arm and still stretch it? as in the forms of the g4.
That's what he does in gear 2nd which is why it's so fast... And it goes back to normal size when luffy hits them...

Back