• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doubt about King's abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
TacticalNuke002 said:
Wait a second.
King managed to scare Evil Natural Water and Gums who are kinda animalistic in terms of intelligence. His reputation won't have played any part here.
Gums was dead by the time King showed up. Evil Natural water reacts to "killing intent" which obviously King wouldn't have.

GyroNutz said:
Being lucky =/= being supernaturally lucky. You can look at some of the luckiest people/feats in real life, none of them are due to a supernatural ability.

Something like Limited Fear Manip via Social Influencing, then something in his powers and abilities that says he's unusually lucky without a link to a page, would probably be good.
I am still not convinced on Social Influencing since that still has to be a skill or ability inherent to the character rather than mostly being a result of rumors and misunderstandings

It's as much social influencing than Mister Satan's, who's one of the posterboys for social influencing.

If it really is then I don't think Mr. Satan's SI is legit either. It should go without saying that someone should only receive a power based on what they themeselves can do and not what other people did with them such as exaggerating their power or spreading rumors about them

Tetsucabrah said:
A good indicator to know for sure would probably be if we ever get a what if on what if King encountered Boros lol.
I guarantee you I would kick Boros' ass if I ever met him in person.

Somehow...I knew you came here just to make a joke about your name when I saw the forum notification

You realize I don't actually know anything about OPM, right?

Aside from the fact that I have no idea when the hell we added "Social Influencing" to our list of powers on the wiki, I do agree with the the OP in that these two abilities need justifications/evidence of some sort if we want to keep them on the profile.

It'll be a while before I try analyzing anything that's already been said in this thread though. I have a pretty large backlog of things I need to take care of now that I have wi-fi at my house again,

Since the changes look accepted by everyone including evaluating staffs and since I am able currently I made the changes.

I think this thread can be closed.

i can't believe this. i can see why the fear manipulation had to go but he clearly has superhuman luck. did nobody read the webcomic or the manga?

Would you give Ash supernatural luck because he has met so many Legendary Pokemon and has survived impossible situations for a 10 years old? No? Then King neither.

I believe the point here, and I'm quoting this from the page itself, is that "being lucky in itself is not enough to have this ability - a character's exceptional luck must be a real ability."

If you wanted the power to stay, you could have just brought the proper evidence like I asked. "Did nobody read the story" or "if you read the story you would know" etc are sentences that mean absolutely nothing when it comes to justifying an ability

i'm sure other people agree with me and have probably posted everything i would post. there's nothing i can do to change your mind if you ended up deciding to go with this

What evidence is their to suggest his luck is supernatrual? Their are a bunch of series where characters are redicoulously lucky for seemingly no reason. Thats not enough to grant superhuman luck.

If you have evidence to suggest his luck is actually superhuman, present it so it can be examined and readded if you are correct.

Edit; this reminded me of something though, So small side story/slight derail here feel free to skip.

@yellowpig10 Not meant to be rude just your last comment reminded me of a more bizzare interaction :p

Has anyone else had this experience, a question was asked about two characters abilities interacting in a fight. I answered with the info on the character profiles and the sites rules.

A user brought up a bunch of abilities/resistances that wern't listed on a profile, when i pointed that out this user told me to watch the anime/read the novel. I pointed out I wasn't overly interested in the series but if he wanted those abilities to be seen as valid he needed to create a crt and present evidence to have them added,

This user proceeded to imply I was ignorant for anserwing the question with info on the profiles and that he wouldn't make a crt because it would never be added due to "the way this site is"

PaChi2 said:
Would you give Ash supernatural luck because he has met so many Legendary Pokemon and has survived impossible situations for a 10 years old? No? Then King neither.
The difference here would be this; Ash encountering numerous Legendaries and surviving impossible situations is much more infrequent and pure plot conveniences.

Literally every time King is put in any kind of adverse situation, he either scares off said, character or skates by on sheer dumb luck (As I mentioned before, he's literally funding his entire lifestyle on his luck and other people's assumptions of him).

Does Ash escape literally every dangerous situation via something similar? No, he doesn't. That's the difference here.

Consistency.

Because King's gags arent plot convenient. Right? Because OPM isnt a comedy.

Both instances are PIS. In fact, Ash's luck has been more consistent and has many more feats than King's.

"A plot convenience is an element of the story (an event, a certain behavior, a coincidence etc…) that doesn't really make sense in the context but is necessary for the writer who wants the plot to take another direction."

Not really, it's more of a running joke which adds to his character, most of the time it doesn't have a huge impact on the story, King isn't the main character or anything.

Also, at this point; it's not really that "it doesn't make sense within the context of the story", it's more so a in-verse constant which is to be expected.

King getting the credit for what Saitama does, does affect the plot or Saitama would have had become rank S for killing Elder Centipede.

Anyway, the abilities have been removed so its pointless now.

"King getting the credit for what Saitama does, does affect the plot or Saitama would have had become rank S for killing Elder Centipede."

Saitama couldn't have gotten credit for the past ones in the first place, he wasn't a registered hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back