• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doubt about King's abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
There are two abilities currently listed on King's profile that I really need to make sure are legit

Supernatural Luck

He has supernatural luck but if I may ask what is the evidence that his luck actually qualifies as this power? Simply being said to be lucky doesn't justify this ability (even says so on the page itself) and even getting out of tough situations ridiculously often is still not normally an indication since that isn't out of the norm for fictional characters at all

So once again, what justifies King legitimately having Supernatural Luck as a power?

Fear Manipulation

Even if it ends up staying it would at least have to be changed to Social Influencing since intimidation skills is that and not Fear Manipulation.

But that still needs to be justified. We know that monsters have surrendered just by encountering King and that might look like a social influencing feat, but remember, that happens primarily because of his reputatio in the world of OPM rather than his own ability to induce fear into people. Sure his looks and "King Engine" play a part, but do they play a big enough part that someone who has no clue about his identity will face anywhere near the same effects as the monsters in OPM have?

Users of this power do not really on rumors or a public image to influence others, they can affect people through their own charisma and social skills alone, and to a reasonably significant extent as well. So unless there's proof that King on his own has the capibility to influence people to an extraordinary degree, he shouldn't have this power either.

I concur with Qawsedf234. Those abilities don't belong.

I mean a monster literally died from fear because of him recently.

He even made Ogon Seishi and Homeless Emperor scared. Atomic Samurai was so convinced by his bullshit that he practically gave up on life for a sec. lol

As for the luck thing it usually manifests as someone showing up to help him at the right time.

It's never failed. These aren't consious abilities, so it's not like King willingly activates anything, it just happens.

@Tetsu Would he have died if he didn't know who King was? And would any of them have reacted nearly the same as they did if they hadn't heard rumors about King beforehand? If it's the rumors that are responsible for most of these outcomes then that isn't King having his own legit power

There are thousands of characters who have someone show up to help them at just the right time, and that isn't even hyperbolic. This kind of luck isn't an indication of a superpower at all

Hard to say, I guess everyone knows who King is in this universe.

A good indicator to know for sure would probably be if we ever get a what if on what if King encountered Boros lol.

I think the apple cutting chapter is probably the best proof of this ungodly manipulation.

Atomic Samurai literally convinced himself that King moved so fast that not even he could see it and he cut the apple on a molecular level to the point where the blade just passed through it. People go against their better judgement and think of the most bogus BS to justify King to themselves. It's definitely at the very least some sort of social influencing.

He outright admitted to Bang he was a fraud and Bang was still convinced he was strong.

DbzDB2 said:
im pretty sure bang was just ******* with king. like theres no way bang is that dumb lol
Really, Bang who is desperate for students at his dojo would turn away King just for ***** and giggles?

I don't think that's the case. King even assumed Bang had already seen through his facade but he didn't.

Atomic Samurai is an idiot but Bang isn't.

Also

https://s5.********.org/data/91d69487982a6b28c6a14d16dd9d972c/x9.png

By saying that King has fear manip, you might as well be saying that Saitama should have resistance to fear manip for not being scared of King before he found out that King wasn't strong.

DragonEmperor23 said:
By saying that King has fear manip, you might as well be saying that Saitama should have resistance to fear manip for not being scared of King before he found out that King wasn't strong.
Why is that implausible? Saitama barely feels emotions at this point. Him not feeling fear isn't out of the question at all.

King should striaght up get Omnipotence he's obvioulsy God

In all seriousness I agree these abilities aren't very applicable to King and are more an instance of circumstance than anything.

Yea. When I was looking at his page more. I was meaning to add Social influencing since that's more so what it is.

I think fear manipulation should stay. It should be Limited fear manipulation however. Since it's fairly limited. But since it seems to be an actual ability or attack if his. Fear should stay. Luck I am not so sure cause I didn't watch the series enough to see if there is reason. But sounds like there isn't

Give your evidence that this is an legitimate ability belonging to King and not primarily a result of his in universe reputation

I myself couldn't pull it up as I'm going off work what i see and understand. And his "techniques" come from his intimidating looks and his heartbeat (which actually only speeds up due to fear and anxiety. But they don't know that). It doesn't say anything about it being his reputation that's causing it.

The heartbeat is what is known as "The King Engine", which is part of his reputation since its supposed to be his superpowerful move or whatever it is.

Well to my understanding. Limited however

He isn't just relying on his rep to scare others. It also ocnea through his actions and natural Intimidating look. Which he knows how to utlize enough to scare others with. He is trying to actually be scary which works. So a Limited fear manipulation doesn't seem to far fetched.'

>It doesn't say anything about it being his reputation that's causing it.

>Which he knows how to utlize enough to scare others with. He is trying to actually be scary which works.

I know this is kinda a fallacious thing to say but I'm legitimately wondering how much you read this manga

He doesn't canonically have supernatural abilities. He's just lucky and has a reputation that makes people fear him.

If you didnt know who King or "the king engine" were, you'd mistake King's "fear manipulation" with a litteral stroke.

Alright, there is is some disagreement so I will keep this open for a while but apply the changes if no proper debunk is made

"Well to my understanding. Limited however"

I have limited knowledge. I again am going off what I see myself and understand. But I never claimed to be an expert or anything.

I just gave my opinion from what I understand of him.

Hmm, the monster dying just by King's intimidating look and aura, while its not fear manipulation, its great intimidation skills, also, king should keep the luck thing, he is actually lucky to a BS point.

I highly doubt a mere reputation would be enough to get some of the reactions he gets out of heroes and villians alike.

Also, if he's stated to be luck, and he has feats of being very lucky, then he should get supernatural luck...nuff said.

Being lucky =/= being supernaturally lucky. You can look at some of the luckiest people/feats in real life, none of them are due to a supernatural ability.

Something like Limited Fear Manip via Social Influencing, then something in his powers and abilities that says he's unusually lucky without a link to a page, would probably be good.

"Being lucky =/= being supernaturally lucky. You can look at some of the luckiest people/feats in real life, none of them are due to a supernatural ability."

That's just a question of wether or not King is considered lucky enough to have it; which I would say he is.

Being a base human, and surviving every single supernatural encounter ever with little to no injuries, and somehow raise up high enough in the hero ranks to fund his otaku lifestyle, while literally doing nothing.

Supernatural luck is for characters whose luck ''is'' a superpower. And not just PIS or gags.

Guido mista has supernatural luck vía 7 gunmen not being able to shot him at point blank because of luck, King has shown crazy luck too, don't see why shouldn't King have supernatural luck listed on his profile.

Yea. They did bring yo scaring the mindless in Hercule vs King thread. Seems his feat tatics were to a heavy degree. Which is what I was going off of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back