• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doomslayer vs Raven Branwen

Real talk, but raven oneshots with her powers, and can tank everything he has to offer using shields. better mobility also helps. I vote raven

Doomslayer is stronger then her 8B AP and shields are weaker so BFG9000 should destroy them fine enough

I don't get what you mean

Hes not though? Going by the calcs on his page he's only 48 tons with the BFG which is around what is agreed on for Raven level RWBY 8-Bs, and she can take hits from things ~4x strogner than herself with her aura

48 Tons is absolutely stronger then 18 Tons regardless of scaling, I really want to know who said we accepted them as being around 40 Tons through scaling chain alone as literally no other verse does that aside from tier jumps

@Schnee Look through any of the RWBY vs Jojo threads from when Jojo was 8-B and you'll find unanimous agreement in them being that strong

The scaling chain is through multiple oneshots so no it is not stronger they are basically equal

Raven is vastly stronger than Vernal who oneshot Weiss' Arma Gigas which stomped the Queen Lancer which was Undamaged by 18 tons

So there is no accepted number and it's just scaling chain.

What people think Ravens AP is around does not make it accepted. Same reason 5x was never accepted because that's what people thought

Schnee One said:
48 Tons is absolutely stronger then 18 Tons regardless of scaling, I really want to know who said we accepted them as being around 40 Tons through scaling chain alone as literally no other verse does that aside from tier jumps
raven is small town with maiden powers

8B versions means they are strictly 8B, She is High 7C when she's using her powers. Thus she's strictly 8B for this matchup.

Schnee One said:
8B versions means they are strictly 8B, She is High 7C when she's using her powers. Thus she's strictly 8B for this matchup.
going by that, you explicitly have to restrict ALL her maiden powers, which basically makes this a stomp.

Raven is explicitly 8B without Maiden powers.....?

Like. Why does not being allowed to be High 7C make this a stomp?

So does Doomguy have like one gun here, or is it OG doomguy with berserk, or is it Slayer but he's not allowed to punch?

Also Raven is confirmed to have Hard Light Dust so she should have access to a second forcefield on top of her aura

Is this the lady with the grimm arm? That may end up meaning the Unmaker can come into play.

>the other one

>most of the show is female

top 10 helpful answers

So I'm gonna be operating under the assumption that this is pre 2016 Doomguy under Berserk with the BFG as well. Type up some arguments in a bit.

AP

Doomguy seems to win here via better calc. If scaling's your thing he can beat dudes to death who can tank BFG shots, though it takes a while, so he can scale off a better feat.

Abilities
Raven's best thing seems to be Ice Manipulation, though iirc RWBY doesn't treat ice properly and has freezing not kill people so maybe not, and Doomguy's besides the BFG being a huge AOE would be Invisibility and Invulnerability. Raven seems more versatile overall since we don't let all of Doomguy's guns be the same tier, but invis and invuln seem more beneficial than her having several forms of AP.

Speed
It's equal.

Lifting Strength
Seemingly Doomguy, via the note of "possibly higher". Lost Souls are the spine rip calc, iirc.

Striking Strength
See AP.

Durability
Doomguy, via both a better calc and invulnerability.

Stamina
I doubt that this will end up mattering and Raven's page has no elaboration on this.

Range
Doomguy seems to take this since Raven has no maiden powers while he still has a gun. The BFG's AOE is pretty huge as well.

Intelligence/Skill
This one I'm gonna have to give to Doomguy. Raven's feats aren't unimpressive, and yes I'm aware that this iteration doesn't have 600 gorillion years of experience, but hear me out. A lot of the stuff Raven's profile makes a big deal about is not relevant, as it pertains to her mastering her tier 7 powers which she isn't gonna use here. Doomguy was already a soldier for a long period of time pre demonic invasions, and put an end to several of them alone. To defeat armies alone like that seems to be superior to what's on Raven's page.

This is compounded further by the issue of his durability. It's tier 9. Many, many demons were capable of ending Doomguy's crusade if they got a single good hit on him, but none ever managed to. Despite being severely outmatched physically, with only a select few of his weapons even touching the heavy hitters, he still took on an army and won alone, multiple times. Amping to 8-B doesn't suddenly remove his skill, and nothing Raven has on her file indicates that she's even likely to get a hit in.

Voting Doomguy.

Weekly I am using the 8-B version. 8-A would stomp.

"pre 2016 Doomguy with Berserk"-me

Is her upgrade like a foregone conclusion or something?

No.

It's not outdated

It will be very soon, but it's not

Might as well just let it go by

Doomguy FRA

I can't even seem to find the thread though.

Anyways may as well wait for the upgrade to actually happen.

Back