• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doomslayer vs Raven Branwen

Near the end right before Cinder shoots her

Not that this discussion really matters seeing as it doesnt pertain to this fight

It being a health bar thing kinda hurts her though. That means that chaingun spam can eventually wear her down.

He says, with no further elaboration whatsoever. Again, hearing a dude sprinting in an abandoned place isn't even ESP. That's normal.

His hands looked pretty free to me

He doesn't punch people's guns either. THe sword having whatever dura doesn't make it hit that hard.

@Wok Thats how aura has always worked my guy, yes he can waer it down but he doesnt have the AP to break it immediately, and thats disregarding her other forcefield. And even Trainee Huntsmen can didge and block chaingun fire ala Coco Adel.

He didnt hear him, he sensed him, Ren's whole schtick is that he has far better aura control that other tranees which gives him pro level senses.

Yes because he was nowhere near the blast, a direct hit encases those hit in a solid block of ice.

Yes but Raven blocks with her swords, and he has nowhere near the AP to be able to break them.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Wok Thats how aura has always worked my guy, yes he can waer it down but he doesnt have the AP to break it immediately, and thats disregarding her other forcefield. And even Trainee Huntsmen can didge and block chaingun fire ala Coco Adel.
He didnt hear him, he sensed him, Ren's whole schtick is that he has far better aura control that other tranees which gives him pro level senses.

Yes because he was nowhere near the blast, a direct hit encases those hit in a solid block of ice.

Yes but Raven blocks with her swords, and he has nowhere near the AP to be able to break them.
or like

he can use any weapon with an AOE

Which would do what exactly...? His AoE weapons have extremely limited ammo and Raven's Aura is durable enough to be able to tank it, and she can avoid it by flying.

WeeklyBattles said:
Which would do what exactly...? His AoE weapons have extremely limited ammo and Raven's Aura is durable enough to be able to tank it, and she can avoid it by flying.
>durable enough to tank it >4x ap advantage

>avoiding it by flying >even though we were talking about blocking

@Zephros Doomguy doesnt have a 4x AP advantage, their AP is almost equal, and even if it werent Aura can consistently take hits from 4x AP advantages

Yes, she can avoid it by flying

This is a closer match than some make it out to be, I think, but Doomguy takes my vote FRA.

He doesn't really need to. Instead of one hard blow to her neck he throws four, it doesn't really take that much more time. Her gun seems fairly inaccurate as is, and the main point is that his weaker weapons like the SS that are much harder to dodge can actually do something here. While her stuff has travel time relative to her, his doesn't. Classic speed equalization doing weird things.

I don't really see any indication of this, and the fact that hearing him wouldn't even have been hard is s further nock against this notion. She just stopped and concentrated, which is a thing one can do when trying to pick up on quitter noises.

You sure about that? Looks like he's hit directly. Even then, to get a solid hit on a guy with superior skill feats largely pertaining to not getting hit as much as possible isn't the most reliable thing.

Luckily for him, you don't need to break the sword to hurt her, because energy doesn't work like that. Take a medieval knight with a shield. A mace gets swung at him and he blocks it with his shield, but his arm is still broken in that one blow. Even if the shield is able to stand up, that's no guarantee for the user being able to tank the force. They won't get the full amount yeah, but there's a reason being shot with a bullet proof vest on can still break bones.

Also, since it's speed equalized, her using a sword would result in her not being able to react as quickly to mere fists, since Doomguy doesn't need to swing around extra weight. She does end up with a range advantage with the sword as a tradeoff, but from the clips I've seen nobody really seems to abuse this aspect of melee weapons and everyone keeps charging at one another. Even if she blocks a punch with her sword and doesn't suffer any blowback to her wrist or arm, what stops him from just kicking her, or whipping out the BFG with his offhand and firing point blank?

He doesn't really need to. Instead of one hard blow to her neck he throws four, it doesn't really take that much more time. Her gun seems fairly inaccurate as is, and the main point is that his weaker weapons like the SS that are much harder to dodge can actually do something here. While her stuff has travel time relative to her, his doesn't. Classic speed equalization doing weird things.

One hard blow to the neck gets tanked by her aura, he'd need several dozen to break her aura. Raven. Does not. Have a gun. He does not have infinite attack speed my guy that is a massive NLF.

You sure about that? Looks like he's hit directly. Even then, to get a solid hit on a guy with superior skill feats largely pertaining to not getting hit as much as possible isn't the most reliable thing.

Yes ruby hit the wall behind him and he was caught in the blast, he wasnt hit directly.

Luckily for him, you don't need to break the sword to hurt her, because energy doesn't work like that. Take a medieval knight with a shield. A mace gets swung at him and he blocks it with his shield, but his arm is still broken in that one blow. Even if the shield is able to stand up, that's no guarantee for the user being able to tank the force. They won't get the full amount yeah, but there's a reason being shot with a bullet proof vest on can still break bones.

But you do though? Her swords have blatantly shown to take the full brunt of attacks and cancel them out so they dont hurt her. Any ranged attack he throws at her can be blocked by her swords and made harmless.

Also, since it's speed equalized, her using a sword would result in her not being able to react as quickly to mere fists, since Doomguy doesn't need to swing around extra weight. She does end up with a range advantage with the sword as a tradeoff, but from the clips I've seen nobody really seems to abuse this aspect of melee weapons and everyone keeps charging at one another. Even if she blocks a punch with her sword and doesn't suffer any blowback to her wrist or arm, what stops him from just kicking her, or whipping out the BFG with his offhand and firing point blank?

'Swing around extra weight'? My dude she has class K lifting strength for a five pound sword, its the equivalent of swinging around a paper clip. What stops him from doing so is if he blocks a gravity dust blade he gets cut in half, if he blocks an ice dust blade he gets frozen solid, etc. That and the BFG doesnt have nearly enough AP to do anything significant to Raven.

Once again

AP is ~equal, speed is equal, range is equal

Doomguy's advantages: Temporary invulnerability and marginally more skill

Raven's advantages: Flight, Two different 8-B forcefields, ESP that hard counters DG's invisibility,better lifting strength, weapons that dont have a very limited amount of ammo, ice manip Doomguy cant break out of, Gravity manip to increase the power of her strikes

But their lifting strength is roughly equal, Doomguy deals with flying foes literally all the time and at least one of those doesn't give her a huge advantage (gravity). As for range, the profile says they only have kilometers with Maiden powers.

@Bambu Its really not, Doomguy is 102000 kg, Raven is vastly stronger than people who are vastly stronger than people who are 340994 kg. Raven is over 3x stronger.

From Raven Branwe's profile:

Extended Melee Range with sword, Hundreds of meters with Dust attacks, Several kilometers with her Spring Maiden powers, Unknown with portals

Doomguy is vastly stronger than people who are vastly stronger than people who are vastly stronger than 102000 kg. Dunno if you ever played DOOM but the Lost Souls that do that are basically fodder that die in one hit and has their only method of attack by way of self destruction.

Also, from Doomguy's profile:

Standard melee range physically, Extended melee range with Chainsaw, tens of meters with shotguns, hundreds of meters to several kilometers with other ranged weapons.

As far as I know several kilometers is higher than hundreds of meters.

Cool, that still makes him ~2-3x weaker. The people who scale to the 340994 kg feat in RWBY are trainees, who are much weaker than post timeskip, who get fodderized by 8-Bs, who are far weaker than pro huntsmen level characters like Raven.

What weapon does Doomguy have that gives him several kilometers of range? Unless thats something from 2016 i dont remember anything that long ranged in the original games.

Does it? I mean we have an unquantifiable scaling chain and we can place estimates on it but eh, just gonna drop it.

Unsure, I actually think you're right regarding the sniper thing (not separated by keys, huzzah). DOOM 2016 100% does have sniper type weapons (god damned gauss rifles), though I recall the only real-life sorta-long-range weapon in OG DOOM was the pistol. Granted, those things can be used for incredible range since ultimately that's just a limitation of the skill of the shooter, rather than a limitation on the gun. So I guess it is possible it was with rockets/pistol.

Rocket launchers dont normally have an effective range of kilometers, hell i dont think there is even a location in the original Doom games where you could even test that.

WeeklyBattles said:
Rocket launchers dont normally have an effective range of kilometers, hell i dont think there is even a location in the original Doom games where you could even test that.
There's not. I'd say rocket launchers don't normally have a reload time of approximately 0 seconds and aren't generally used in hell, though. I'd also point out that effective range of a firearm increases drastically with skill of the user- hence why snipers can shoot so far. If you or I shot it (assuming we didn't kick ourselves in the nose with it), I doubt we could make it go 100 m.

Been a long time since I played an old DOOM game (last one was DOOM 64), so it's possible there's a bit of a gap in my memory for the old titles.

Honestly, I'm going to have to point out some flaws with Doomguy's votes. For one, rocket launchers and plasma rifles are only 9-A; BFG 9000, Unmaker, and Berserk amped melee are the only 8-B weapons here. And Chainsaw if you count him putting his muscles into it. So Doomguy can't win just by spamming projectiles.

That being said, Doomguy's intelligence is often heavily downplayed. It also should be noted that Spider Mastermind is actually a genius who lead the demons against the UAC and wiped them out. Doomguy would have to be an excellent strategist if he was able to take on Hell single handedly even before his transition to godmode.

Cyberdemon I should add is also surprisingly much smarter than one would expect as Mr King mentioned on another thread. He may be seemingly monstrous at first, but he's actually an exceptionally skilled hand to hand combat fighter as well has good with pre-experienced technology. They also don't yet have profiles, but Mother Demon and Icon of Sin are other notable bosses who could be far more dangerous than Cyberdemon or Spider Mastermind. So Raven isn't too far different than what Doomguy has dealt with.

That being said, I'd rather put this fight at inconclusive. It really could go either way.

Sometime after he arrived to Hell, the Slayer was given his superhuman abilities by some being called the Seraphim, which is minorly hinted to be some sort of angel.

So...close enough, I guess.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Back