• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doomslayer vs Raven Branwen

I may or may not take a while to respond.

I don't really have an opinion on rwby upgrades btw. Just did not know they were gonna happen.

@Wok

AP-wise theyre equal as Raven is superior to people who oneshot things that stomp monsters that take no damage from 18 ton attacks

Doomguy's invisibility isnt total, only partial, and invulnerability is only temporary. Raven also has senses that would let her sense Doomguy and her Ice can freeze people far stronger than him.

Lifting Strength goes to Raven, She's vastly stronger than people who arevastly stronger than people who are vastly stronger than people whose Lifting Strength is higher than Doomguy's

Raven's stamina is greater than people who can fight for an entire day straight before getting tired.

Raven has a range of hundreds of meters without her Maiden powers via ranged dust attacks.

I have no idea what youre talking about regarding Raven's skill. Her entire intelligence section is stuff she did BEFORE she got her Maiden powers, she only had them for a few months at most versus the 30+ years she didnt have them. She is recognized by both Ozpin and Qrow as being among the most skilled fighters in the world.

That doesn't make them equal though. He still ends up scaling from a better calc, has amps, and you really don't have to be that much stronger than someone to one shot a guy with human physiology if you hit the right places.

Yeah but it doesn't make it any less helpful, and they'll last long enough. Don't see the fight really dragging on, someone'll get an advantage and capitalize on it hard.

Where's her calc? I can't find it. I also have no idea where the spine rip calc is. GG profiles. This doesn't sound wrong though, but I don't think it'll end up that important since it's 2016 who tears stuff apart.

You should prob put that on a file. Not in the mood to compare stamina rn with a fight I doubt would drag on long enough for it to be relevant.

That should also be clarified but sounds consistent with the others.

Uhh about half her justification relates to maiden powers, as can be seen in my screenshot. Even without it, being among the most skilled in the world doesn't really seem to compare to taking down multiple armies alone who can one shot you with random attacks.
Screenshot (147)

@Wok It does though, back when jojo was 8-B it was unanimously agreed that RWBY was borderline 8-B+. None of the things that were oneshot/stomped had human physiology.

It really does when Raven can just encase him in ice durable enough that he cant break out of it.

Raven is stronger than Vernal who is strogner than Post timeskip Ruby who is stronger than pre timeskip Ruby who can list ~200000 kg, trying to find the calc for it. Doomguy's feat comes from this, the result is 102000 kg. If this one doesnt tear stuff apart then he gets frozen real quick.

Added

Also added

She has had her Maiden powers for a few months at the absolute most, the other 30+ years of her life have been spent becoming skilled enough to fight armies of Grimm and trained Huntsmen without Maiden powers.

By who?

She has to hit him first. He can also just melt it with BFG, since being frozen in some sort of weird case isn't gonna make his hand not on the trigger anymore.

The thing is that Grimm are weaker than her, going by the profiles, and trained huntsmen have some pretty silly low ends of leaving massive openings for themselves like that old video. I get animation limitations are a thing but we can't discount that completely. Fighting multiple armies stronger than you > fighting weaker ones.

The "spine rip calc" actually isn't a calc. It comes from a video we discovered a year or two back which states that it'd take over 1 million Newtons (around 101-102 tons-force) to rip a spine out of a person.

Said video is linked on the Predator profile, IIRC.

@Wok By literally everyone who participated in those threads, most notably Dargoo

Speed is equalized and being encased in ice means he wont be able to move to fire unless hes firing the BFG before he gets encased

95% of the demons Domguy fought are weaker than him and can be oneshot by weapons and punches my dude, and there are Grimm that are equal to huntsmen in power

I care more about the arguments for this than just who agrees.

Speed is equalized but he's a lot more used to not being hit. Ice would form around his body, which is already holding the BFG, so he can just squeeze slightly and voila.

He's not 8-B regularly, he's 9-B. This is with the berserk powerup.

Yes, Raven is borderline 8-B+ for being vastly superior to Vernal who oneshot Weiss' Arma Gigas summon which stomped the Queen Lancer which was undamaged by an 18 ton attack

He would be completely and totally frozen, he wouldnt have the range of motion to be able to squeeze slightly. Plus the BFG has limited ammo, its shots can be dodged, and not only does Raven have aura which can tank hits from it but she has auxiliary forcefields and can fly.

Yes, and most demons can be easily killed with weapons far weaker than his 8-B stuff

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes, and most demons can be easily killed with weapons far weaker than his 8-B stuff
I think there's a misunderstanding here.

Canonically, Classic Doomguy doesn't have unlimited ammo for any of his 8-B stuff. Actually, BFG/Unmaker ammo is stuff that needs to be stockpiled before one can even begin to think about using it multiple times in one encounter. He doesn't encounter the Berserk or Invulnerability powerups until midway into the first game either, so he didn't beat the demons by spending the entire story boosting his stats to Tier 8 and one-shotting/stonewalling everything.

I think Wok's point is that Doomguy wasn't capable of just running through every opponent like you say. And he wasn't. His Tier 8 stuff had limited use, and without it, even relatively fodder demons like the Revenants were much stronger and more durable than him. Yet despite that, he still more or less cleaned house while he was in Hell, and did so by himself. That kind of combat skill should carry over to when his stats are 8-B; he doesn't lose that just because he's suddenly much stronger than normal.

Doomguy can easily kill almost every demon in the game with just his tier 9 equipment is what i was saying

@Weekly:

That's not really true, though. Half of them can easily walk through all but his strongest Tier 9 weapons Hence why the older games can be such a pain in the ass on harder difficulties, and even weaker ones can maim him pretty badly if he doesn't have a full stock of armor pickups.

He also starts every game with nothing but a pistol and a common knuckleduster, so it's not like he walked through the whole story with a rocket launcher, a plasma rifle and a full armor stock. Actually, he spends a good portion of each game having a shotgun and a chaingun as the only worthwhile weapons he's got, and the sheer number of enemies he goes against (many of which are significantly stronger than him) tends to chew through his ammo even when he's better armed.

Okay? Doomguy isnt assumed to have an entire sotckpile of ammo for the BFG and Raven's aura can take more hits than he can dish out with it here, not even factoring in her ability to fly and make 8-B barriers

I don't see why that means anything as far as what I was addressing.

I don't have any vested interest in whether Doom can actually kill her or not. All I'm doing is clarifying that him being able to just walk through his in-universe enemies in this key is false.

Basically Doomguy's only advantage here is temporary invulnerability and marginally better skill, Raven matches or beats him in everything else

AP is ~equal, speed is equal, range is equal

Doomguy's advantages: Temporary invulnerability and marginally more skill

Raven's advantages: Flight, Two different 8-B forcefields, ESP that hard counters DG's invisibility, weapons that dont have a very limited amount of ammo, ice manip Doomguy cant break out of, Gravity manip to increase the power of her strikes

Since it was able to detect Emerald's invisibility via her illusion semblance and Ren, who is far less skilled, was able to sense Tyrian. Even if you want to argue that Ren can only sense killing intent this is god damn Doomguy we're talking about, Raven will be able to sense him.

Also its not total invisibility only partial.

I don't remember anyone detecting Emeralds illusions

And if this is the case her fight with that Bleach dude can be remade...

Let's assume AP is even for a bit.

Invulnerability doesn't need to last an especially long time because it's not gonna be a fight that prolongs itself. "Marginally more skill" seems baseless too. I have been shown 0 feats on the level of destroying multiple armies when you can't even take hits from them, and the demons themselves aren't exactly unskilled brutes like people love to claim.

As for the other stuff:

Flight: It's an advantage, but from the clips I've seen she squanders it by going into cqc anyways.

Forcefields: One of them is literally just her durability. Forcefields in general aren't super important unless they're in another tier or something. It's also worse than invulnerability.

ESP: You need to show feats on that sort of level, as her profile does not show anything indicative of this.

Ice: Please show a clip of such a total freeze that a minor twitch of the fingers is impossible. He can also just not get hit, which he's also very used to.

Gravity amp: Yeah that's fine, but I'd say skill and temp invulnerability matter more than this.

Wait, Ice manip seems to be on her tier 7 key. SHe doesn't even have it here.

Amber

And again, Doomguy's invisibility isnt even total invisibility, its partial. Even without ESP she'd still know approximately where he is

Wait hold on I'm just illiterate

Wokistan said:
Her aura is actually 4x her durability, and her dust forcefields are superior to her normal durability, which is 8-B.

Her senses are vastly superior to this, i can add it if you'd like.

Her ice attacks are AoE, and ice dust is able to completely immobilize people. And yes this is relevant to her.

Raven's swords having High 7-C durability > temporary invulnerability.

None of that is on the file, and you are going to need to source a claim like that. Unlike the other stuff you added it's not something I can just acertain off of just watching her do almost anything.

It really wouldn't be that hard to hear a dude sprinting in a totally empty area where nobody else is making noise. It also seems she had to concentrate on that.

That dude literally only had his feat covered. Also why is it relevant to her when it isn't her?

What's he punching her sword for? Nobody fights like that.

WeeklyBattles said:
Wokistan said:
Her aura is actually 4x her durability, and her dust forcefields are superior to her normal durability, which is 8-B.
Her senses are vastly superior to this, i can add it if you'd like.

Her ice attacks are AoE, and ice dust is able to completely immobilize people. And yes this is relevant to her.

Raven's swords having High 7-C durability > temporary invulnerability.
how do we know aura is 4x durability? And she has nothing saying she can make dust forcefields outside of raven powers. also she hasn't actually used any ice manipulation with her dust blades.

ZephyrosOmega said:
how do we know aura is 4x durability? And she has nothing saying she can make dust forcefields outside of raven powers. also she hasn't actually used any ice manipulation with her dust blades.
This thread is where it was discussed.

I just added her Hard Light Dust abilities which includes forcefield creation

She has actually used ice dust from her sword

@Wok I just added it, here is the source.

Yes, hence why hers is superior, she doesnt have to do that.

Yes and he was completely immobilized while also being nowhere near the Dust when it exploded. She uses the SAME EXACT DUST that encased him.

She doesnt have guns soooooo.

Where then?

It seems to be yet another inconsistency if she got fooled the first time

Then again she kinda knows of the illusions by that point as she was already tricked by one

Back