• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doomguy shoots a dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Doomguy marched through the crippling cold of Snowdin, his trusty shotgun held out at the ready. He had woken up here after the traitorous Dr. Hayden had warped him across the galaxy. As he pandered just how he was going to get home, he came across a .... dog? A dog .... in a suit of armor ..... using a spear with a dog face on it. It was going to be one of those days.

~

Doomguy vs. Greater Dog

Both 8-A. Speed Equalized.

Doomguy render
vs.
Greater dog

Doomslayer does have several times more attack potency/durability, and is much smarter than Greater Dog. And on top of all that, power ups further enhance the gap, and the Dog doesn't really have any hax to even the odds.

Doomslayer should take this quite easily.

Greater Doggo doesn't have Soul manipulation, he just has resistance to it.

Doomguy potentially can resist soul manipulation tho, considering that the Former Humans are people possesed by demons... and he was never possesed even once.

Assuming he can resist it, he BFG spams the Doggie to death unless the dog gets close.

Doomguy can just dodge his attacks. Being way better at fighting will do that to you. He can tank lost souls as just regular damage, so what makes greater dog's any better?

Wokistan said:
Doomguy can just dodge his attacks. Being way better at fighting will do that to you. He can tank lost souls as just regular damage, so what makes greater dog's any better?
Mostly the fact that monsters soul manip gets better witht heir AP, and even frogs can use it down there.

Lost souls are spammed in clusters, and that doesn't really seem like the most quantifiable thing anyways. If anything, it's an indication that their soul manip doesn't bypass durability. At worst, greater dog's attacks hurt more. Doesn't stop doomguy from just not getting hit, blinding him with the BFG, and tearing him to pieces.

Ut destroys souls. It does bypass durabilty.

It just so happens that the power of it increases with their magical power. And something being spammed has little to do with it's potency.

And I wasn't commenting on the fight. The dog doesn't even dodge. It's main boon is that attacking it's armor is useless. The fact that Doom is as bloodlusted as he is means that he easily one-shots regardless.

Even Classic Doomguy withstood Soul damage from Lost Souls, pretty sure Doomslayer's resistance would be improved along side that if we're going to use AP Durability scaling. Though, having higher AP or Durability doesn't quite automatically mean better levels of soul manipulation or resistance, but it can be a factor depending on situation.

It directly scales in Undertale because it's how magic works, you can't aply it to doom unless that is backed up there.

For now count me as Doomguy. Has feats of negging soul damage and higher AP.

I actually don't think his resistance would be enough, but neither do I think that's enough for Greater Dog.

Much Rip. Very Tear.

Vote to Doomslayer.

Think that's 6 for Doomguy.

Grace, then.

I will say this match makes me sad.

Never good for a good doggo to lose his good-ness.

Ye shall be reunited with your kin in heaven, greater tail-wagger.

So this is the Doomguy adopting a dog, basically.

This is an ending I can live with. Super Shotgun Doggo.

I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back