• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have worded that better. We don't know how the Icon ended up like that canonically. If we go by what's shown in-game, then literally any weapon is capable of leaving it like that eventually, upgrading the entire verse to the Icons level, which is madly inconsistent for obvious reasons. We have no reason to assume the Slayer did this with his bare hands either since we have no evidence to support it. It's just kinda a grey area. So the only resolve is that the Crucible killed the Icon, which would put it on the Icons level, but not the Slayer.

@Matthew_Schroeder How could you possibly come to the conclusion of propaganda? The statement about the father is coming from the Makyrs’ history who have nigh-omniscience.

@MrKingOfNegativity That titan who is half under rubble doesn’t have a single cut wound besides where it was planted, I mean only it’s legs and arms are covered up are we saying that doom guy killed by giving it cuts to the appendages? I mean what are you proposing again? That the titan AP only scales to the crucible? If so I don’t understand how that would work.

The khan makyr specifically stated the seal of urdak has been broken and it was broken by doomguy’s actions, which then proceed to cause the destruction.
It was broken by the icon not Slayer

Sam says this in Ancient Gods

I still say the Icon getting ripped apart should be able to scale him to its physicals.Its not like he just blinked and suddenly the Icon is completely destroyed.WOG just isn adding up either.

9-A doomguy just feels wrong.Unless there are other calc’s I’m unaware of.

I’m pretty sure the story was going a different direction in 2016,but during Eternal they just pretended like none of 2016’s lore base stuff happened

ew.

That is a sad thought,getting all of his tier 8 stuff removed and getting it replaced with practically useless dura negging and sealing.

tbf,maybe his AP will be 7-B?

They should logically be above the explosion tho?Since they are presented as being above anything (aside from the BFG 10k),the UAC has created and are the top demons only second to the Icon.

Maybe the Icon would scale above too.

There's a big difference between being stronger than weapons and being stronger than an energy source though.

TBH I don't mind Tier 8 or 7 or whatever Doomguy if there is evidence.

IT's the "Tier 2 / 1" shit that makes me go "Excuse me?"
No need to mald over the tier 1 stuff we already have 3/2 tier 1 characters in doom. And doomguy will be proven as one of them in part 2.

Literally need one calc accepted and then one of those tier 1 profiles can be finally uploaded...

Welp, I'd rather not take the part 1 DLC's Codex at face value and wait for the part 2 to get more feats and context for the Dark Lord/Davoth. Overall, I also don't care about Doomguy being tier 7 considering that he completely no-sold the impact of being thrown by the Ion Catapult.

Do we really have nothing?

IRRC,WOG also stated that BFG’s dura negating thingy isn’t how the BFG works.

Also about the Blood temple one,it only knocked him out.It should still scale to him considering it didn’t kill him instantly/blow him up into tiny bits.

Unless you can find the statement we cant use that.

Is the blood temple a DLC thing because I haven't played it yet... Unless I'm just forgetting from the game.

Also what about the UAC oil rig explosion? Any calc on that? The Doomslayer survived that.
That could be good but you'd have to show how far he was from the explosion

It'd also account only for Eternal Doomguy so 2016 is still pretty whack

The Titans also shouldn't scale

It'd be like saying our warships are superior to our nuclear powerplants without any real reasoning or overlap

Unless you can find the statement we cant use that.

Is the blood temple a DLC thing because I haven't played it yet... Unless I'm just forgetting from the game.
Blood temple was the Testaments from 2016

The Priests sealed him away after getting him in the Temple and dropping it on his head

well doomguy has at least high 8-C striking streangth in doom eternal
since there was that calc of how doom guy punching those huge metal cubes with such force to send them flying would result in high 8-C levels of power

ok about the titan champ
what crucible would he use? we know that the only available one was the demonic crusible and he didn't use it, its blade is still in the crucible handle which we know for a fact would not be the case if he used it
plus the titan champ doesn't actually have the blade in it anywhere meaning it isn't sealed
ageing just assuming that doomguy conviniently found a random crucible out in the middle of nowhere and it just so happened to vanish over the years without the titan rasing up is somehow less head canon then doomguy beating it to a point where it can't resurrect(when even the voice of god aka hugo says that slayer is above a titan when it comes to pure power)

here's a cal done by firestorm808
Assuming the punchable cubes have 3 meter sides, I made preliminary calcs of Doomslayer's casual punches.

Distance: 3 Cube lengths = 9 meters

Time: 23 frames

Iron: 7.847 g/cm^3

Volume = 3^3*100^3 cm^3

KE = .5*(7.847*100^3*3^3)*(9/(23/24))^2 = 9.3752101021*10^9 Joules,

High 8-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back