• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread Part 3

Don't we have standards for cases like these when we don't know the size?

From the Cloud Calculations page there's this.

On clear days (no rain, fog or snow) the visibility is about 20km. On very clear days it can be around 50km and on exceptionally clear days even 280km. On slightly hazy days it can also just be 10km.

The standard value to use is hence 20km. Higher or lower values can be used if there is a reason for it.
Though I'm not a calc person, so someone like Bambu would be a better person to give input on this.

Huh. Didn't look at that page. Well, under those conditions, we have:

• Radius = 20000 m
  • Area = 1.26*10^9 m^2
  • Condensation = 2.28282264*10^16 Low 7-B
I guess we can upgrade Doom Slayer and Icon low-ends from 7-C.

Wait. Why are we using standard cloud assumptions when it was clearly a storm and that we see it cover the entire earth and it was stated that the icon was going to destroy the planet. The prophecy stated that only the doom slayer could kill the icon of sin this was stated by the Vega and samual both are knowledgeable about the making of the BFG 10k. We know the moon wasn't destroyed by a weapon because the stated strongest weapon the UAC has was on Phobos. We still have to calculate the Kahn Makyr's orb shaking urdak.

"that we see it cover the entire earth" Post screenshot of this planetary storm that is covering the entire Earth. Because I already posted a screenshot proving the opposite.

I contracted mr. Bambu about working on adding on the urdak calc to the earth storm calc so all we have to do is wait for him to get some free time.

@ogbunabali What would your thoughts be about combining number that would come from the storm on urdak with number from the storm on earth?

I had to saturate the image to get a better view of the clouds.

DOOM Eternal Storm Size
DOOM Eternal Earth Storm 2
DOOM Eternal Earth Storm 3
  • To calculate the energy necessary to create/destroy the clouds via condensation/vaporization simply take the mass of the clouds (water mass, without air), in kilogram, and multiply it by the latent heat of vaporization for water, which is 2264705 J/kg.
  • The density of liquid water content in a cumulonimbus cloud is 1 gram per m^3.
  • Cloud thickness = 8000 meters
  • Earth Diameter = 12.742*10^6 m = 6200 pixels
  • 1 square pixel = 4223687.92924 m^2
  • Cloud Pixels = 35850
  • Area = 1.5141921226*10^11 m^2
  • Volume = 1.2113536981*10^15 m^3
  • Condensation = 2.7433587769*10^18 J 7-A+

Well, I'm not a calc person, we should preferably get Mr. Bambu's input here for this. Since he's both knowledgeable on the verse and is a calc group member.

I don't really know what's happening in thread now since I can't keep up but, I just want to ask a question: Is High 6-A slayer possible?

We really need to come to an agreement on what it means for the Doomslayer to destroy the makyrs in all infinite possibilities.

To figure out if some of these attacks are light, couldn't someone skilled enough break into the games code and check the names of the attacks or something?

I'm sure someone here could do it.

Pretty sure they don't code something as "light speed attack". The lore is what matters not the coding.

Can we get a summary of all the things that we have yet to add please? The thread is going all over the place.

Also, Doom Slayer being able to destroy Urdak in every possible universe means jack when the Makyrs can't manipulate causality. They can see it, they just have no way of stopping it.

My storm calc got accepted.

I'll update the OP with the other stuff.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

What's there to talk about the Demonic Crucible?

Sir Ovens said:
Can we get a summary of all the things that we have yet to add please? The thread is going all over the place.
Also, Doom Slayer being able to destroy Urdak in every possible universe means jack when the Makyrs can't manipulate causality. They can see it, they just have no way of stopping it.
Yes, but we're talking about infinite possibilities. Infinite possibilities would mean that something would happen somewhere within them, no matter how unlikely. In this case, Doomslayer would have to lose infinite times, even if he would also win infinite times, if he doesn't have some sort of fate or causality related hax.

@Firestorm808 and present staff members

What has been accepted here and what is left to decide in summary?

Can we just table that discussion for later. It's just about him having an unchangeable destiny. Doesn't really affect combat.

Firestorm808 said:
Can we just table that discussion for later. It's just about him having an unchangeable destiny. Doesn't really affect combat.
I disagree, whatever it ends up being it would give him fate/destiny hax resistance or causality hax resistance.

If we said there were infinite timelines in real life, and I got into a fight with someone, but won every single match in every existing timeline, no matter what, I would clearly have a special power that allowed me to win said fight. I also think this discussion should just be resolved, since it keeps getting brought up. I think we could probably just go with "Possibly passive Fate Manipulation (would destroy the Makyr's in all infinite possibilities)" or something along those lines.

DTG499 said:
Pretty sure they don't code something as "light speed attack". The lore is what matters not the coding.
Still worth a shot. And yeah lore matters but the lore doesn't explain whether or not the icon is really shooting lasers or if the Khan is shooting lasers. The code could have something to help figure that out.

I don't think the games files would be valid explanations anyway, the word laser can be thrown around in fiction like nothing. Decent idea I guess but I don't think it'd be accepted.

Back