• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom eternal Predictions

Doom hunters survive a direct hit, as did that Gladiator. I haven't fought the Icon yet but I'll assume you can't instagib it because that would be weird.

According to the game most of the BFG damage is the tendrils anyways

I think the BFG forces the Doom Hunter into the next phase if it's on the first.

The Gladiator is able to tank it, and the Icon isn't even flinched by it, though that's partially because of how you're intended to fight him.

Also I forgot to mention that Archviles should also get Inorganic Phys too as they're made of the same stuff as Flame Barons

EDIT: And DS can stand out in the vacuum of space in an unsealed suit just fine. Similarly, he can stay in non-toxic water for an indefinite amount of time without needing to come up for air.

So resistance to cosmic radiations and vacuum cold, and Self Sustenance Type 1

since the BFG 9000 has a profile it should not have a key like BFG 10000 but we want to scale the BFG 9000 = 10000

It would also make sense that almost everything that Doom has to see as hax will not affect the Doom slayer since it is basically its destiny as a fixed point that the events of doom eternal happen

this is my humble thoughts.

BFG 9k doesn't scale to the 10k. The 9k was enhanced by whatever mechanism it was in to be powerful enough to cause that much damage to mars. It doesn't do that on it's own of course because it would be redundant to make a mechanism that large to fire it if the BFG 9k has that energy output with every shot. I don't think the devs were intending that.

That doesn't really make the 9k redundant, especially since it's the power source. It's impossible for it to fire a blast stronger than what it's using to shoot that blast. Seems more like a lens array capable of giving it that kind of interplanetary range.

"...When mounted inside the station's magnification array the BFG can be fired into a series of reactive lensing rings; these rings pump a constant stream of gaseous Argent throughout the barrel, producing a tremendous energy wave powerful enough to crack the surface of a planet." ~ VEGA Data Entry: BFG-9000

Being an power source doesn't necessarily means it has the same ap. The BFG9K could have a natural cap that prevents it from using all of it's power when firing and the 10K can bypass it or something like that. The codex, size, logic and enviornment all reinforces the difference between the 9 and 10k. Also, Doomguy goes through a gigantic room filled with the green BFG energy that is under the BFG10K meaning its like that the 9K needs that energy to fire.

KnightOfSunlight said:
"...When mounted inside the station's magnification array the BFG can be fired into a series of reactive lensing rings; these rings pump a constant stream of gaseous Argent throughout the barrel, producing a tremendous energy wave powerful enough to crack the surface of a planet." ~ VEGA Data Entry: BFG-9000
So the station magnifies it's power and uses Argent energy to enhance the power of the 9K. Meaning 9K =/= 10K.

So it is a lens array then

Well all that would do for increased power would be to focus the blast, which it isn't doing given the much larger AOE than normal.

Argent energy is what the 9k runs off of though. It's saying that it's fired into the lens array, which configures it's shot into a beam that blasts through mars, at least that's how I'm reading it.

The problem is that it obviously does more that configure the shot into a beam and the BFG doesn't output that energy or level of destruction by itself.

Does it really "obviously do more" though? That's all the codex says it does, that's all Hayden seems to imply it does, and when you fire the 10k it's literally just the 9k that you're pulling the trigger on while it's in that kind of housing. It's the whole AP vs DC thing, it seems.

I mean, yes. We are taking the "energy source" thing far too literally. The description KoS provided says when in the station, the 9K's shots are fired through lens rings that are pumped with gaseous argent energy meaning it is not just the 9K's argent energy here. We also see a large room with a pool of argent energy underneath the 10K.

Okay, to organize things a little (because this feels like reading the scribblings of a parapalegic raccon high on an unoly mixture of fentanyl, cocaine and blood) the main things that seem like they need consensus on are:

- The doomslayer's physical attributes

-The potency of his weaponry

-The scale of the enemies he's fighting.

What do we have so far on all of that?

First of all, the BFG 9000 is not Tier 6, that BFG 10000, is actually a tool used to massively amplify the BFG 9000. Not the other way around. The 10K is like an enhancer. Also, only bosses should scale from the BFG 9000, Barons of Hell I don't think should scale at least not from a fully charged shot. Game mechanics are inconsistent.

Also, I am strongly against backwards scaling the BFG to all the fodder weapons. Those same fodder weapons have always been meant to be used on weaker enemies and don't always oneshot fodder enemies. All of the lower leveled weapons should have their own calculations or scientific properties and/or only scale from weaker enemies. Otherwise, that's like making a bunch of fodder marines in StarCraft High 6-A, or a bunch of fodder pistols and land-speeders in Star Wars 5-B. Though, even weaker enemies do have Argent energy to fuel them and are thus stronger than real world counterparts.

The BFG 10K is definitely Tier 6 for certain. And I heard something about someone surface busting the Earth instantly? That sounds like a good High 6-A feat. And actually, Hell is a 5-D Multiverse, not quite 6-D. Would have been High 2-A had that not been merged with Low 1-C. But there is definitely some interesting stuff to look at for sure.

Although, there was another thing. There's kind of a new rule that attacks that are mostly heat rather than force don't fully scale to durability unless there's more context backing it such as them having precision or done via a character who controls their own energy output. Surviving a plasma rifle doesn't require durability on the same as said plasma rifle and is also more so heat resistance rather than durability. And the size and specific temperature is more important for calculating the heat resistance as opposed to just assuming the full energy output scale.

The surface busting thing I believe comes from the BFG 10Ks codex entry, which states that a shot from it can "fragment" the surface of the planet.

As for the 9K scaling to the 10K, I'm not quite sure at the moment. It's clearly amping up the BFG's argent energy levels, but the BFG is still the main thing fuelling the shot, so I dunno.

There's also that thing about traversing the stars. Forgot what it was about.

Also, about the heat and durability thing, does this mean that people with good heat resistance like standing on the Sun could take less overall damage from a nuke? Just curious.

I know the BFG needs to be present, but it is a common thing in fiction that some people have an adapter attached to a weapon and the weapon's power skyrockets.

Foxthefox1000 said:
There's also that thing about traversing the stars. Forgot what it was about.

Also, about the heat and durability thing, does this mean that people with good heat resistance like standing on the Sun could take less overall damage from a nuke? Just curious.
removing the hax radiation, wikipedia describes that a 20 Mt pump reaches a temperature inside it of about 300 million ┬░ C and the sun is roughly 20 million ┬░ C

Surviving inside the Sun wasn't the point. It was that the ability to withstand temperatures 100x greater than the Sun's or whatever would render his armor impervious to the heat energy of a nuke if we go by being able to withstand heat being used to explain how one might survive attacks typically much greater than theur durability.

The hell priests emit psionic waves powerful enough to control entire titans and the billions of demons leading the invasion force.

Doomguy is not even phased by this stuff.

Also, when walking into the icon of sin resurrection room a voice says "welcome seripham" did the Seripham infuse himself in Doomguy? Seeing as he is clearly the only Makyr capable of defying the Khan he must be immensely powerful.

Back