• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom eternal Predictions

3-B Icon of Sin?

Surely this cannot be?

Also there was talk of things that could traverse the stars or something like that, so FTL-MFTL+ technology? Potential speed upgrade? We'll see. Doom Slayer being able to slow down time and perceive meteors, lasers, and electricity in slow motion is sure to help upgrade his reaction times as well.

If he was going to destroy the universe overtime, yes, 3-B

Unless he would take stupitillions of years to do it, but the game implies a reasonable timeframe

If that's the case then we should specify a lot of other Tier 2 feats are done by chain reaction.

Though... Does the text imply the Icom would go down with the universe? If so I guess it's not a good feat.

There's actually nothing implying it wouldn't survive from what I see, and it already could destabilize the entire dimension apparently via it's mere presence.

In the dialouge before you face the Icon, it's said that the void (whatever that means) has been ruptured or whatever with the Icon's awakening, so now hell can invade the Makyr's homeworld. The Icon did this pasisvely (like it was going to dowith the universe) so I hope that helps.

That is something completely different caused by how the Makyr had lost control of the Icon of Sin by the Doomguy stabbing the Betrayer's son's heart

Also the Icon can create portals across realms. Likely it would have used one once the space time around earth was ruptured.

I don't think it'd bs fast enough to escape the black hole. Even if it could create a portal, it's implied it needs to be there for the entire process to occur at least up until the rupture that leads to a black hole.

But whatever. I still want those speed upgrades. Someone should see if Doom Slayer can slice in the time slow and compare that to the slowed down speeds of the lasers, meteors, and electricity akin to the BotW calc to see if there's anything impressive there.

"Within the infinite conscious-matrix of the all-seeing Makyr God-mind, there exists every potentiality - Every predictive variable of possible future timelines - each one known to the Maykr collective with omniscient, inextricable clarity. The God-mind surveys these timelines, watching them form and expand exponentially like fractal patterns in the fabric of existence. Among these timelines, only one constant appears among them, unchanged by the flowing data of endless variability - that of the prophesized Destroyer - the one who would bring about the destruction of the Maykrs." ~ VEGA Data Entry on The Divinity Machine.

So, no matter how many timelines they looked into, the one thing that stayed constant was that the Doomslayer would destroy them, no matter how the variables changed.

I dunno. IIRC a black hole's size is usually what determines the energy needed to create it.

From what's implied, the black hole it would create would be at least the size of the Earth, but that's not nearly big enough to consume the universe so I'd have to assume some magical shit is involved.

Foxthefox1000 said:
I dunno. IIRC a black hole's size is usually what determines the energy needed to create it.
From what's implied, the black hole it would create would be at least the size of the Earth, but that's not nearly big enough to consume the universe so I'd have to assume some magical shit is involved.
Or maybe we could take it literally and assume that the black hole really is big enough to consume the Universe.

Okay, so then the black hole generated would have to be larger than thousands of galaxy clusters I'm pretty sure. And that is likely a lowball. I'd assume, given what I know of black holes, that the energy needed to create that would still be in the Tier 3 range no matter what.

Apparently the energy to create a black hole the size of a galaxy is 4-A going off of the formula used for other black hole calcs. So maybe it's not Tier 3? I dunno.

Wait, I'm confused.

Is DS The Executioner? Because I saw earlier that Executioner killed Icon, but since 2016 and Eternal are canon to the originals, DG killed him (with no magic sword, which makes the whole "only a crucible can kill it" thing pointless, but whatever).

if Doomguy is the executioner, that of the crucible is possibly an immortality negation, since samuel affirms that without the titan that the DS killed resuscitation, reason why the slayer removed the handle nothing else

Yet the Titan in Hell is super dead and it was confirmed in 2016 that DS did that with his bare hands, no magic blade necessary.

Eternal seems to have messed with its own rules a bit when it comes to how to kill big things

I thought it refers to the one that appears when DS went to the city of the sentries.

I mean it could be that it was another titan since it was confirmed that there is more like when doom slayer went to hell to see the traitor where we see a giant mecha and the cadabe of a titan or those who held the portal that led to the city from makyr

I agree, Doomslayer clearly killed the Titan with his bare hands. And also, the Crucible isn't exactly something all that special. And even if it was, it would still scale to Doomslayer anyway as even Samuel said the Crucible was unable to kill Doomslayer.

As for the Icon of Sin's Black Hole that consumes the Universe, thing, I'm unsure atm. But tied up to take a look at it at the moment.

When did Samuel say it couldn't kill the doomslayer? Samuel said be couldn't kill the doomslayer but it's possible he means he can't kill the doomslayer because as much as samuel wants to DS is needed to fight off the hoards of hell.

If that's the case, the one that's a skeleton in Hell is taking its sweet time resurrecting since that was millenia before the 2016 plot.Also, Icon was very dead for even longer without a blade since it died from rockets to John Romero's head, Khan had to resurrect it herself.

I have a feeling that the writers for Eternal wanted to make everything more grand and metal with the specific rules for killing Titans and overlooked a few details from Doom 2 and 2016 when making their story, since the writing is either minimal for the former or pushed to the back for the latter. Not a huge oversight on their part, it's really only bothersome to nerds like us

he cannot explain it better.

Although there were no more crucibles(like doom 2016 crucible) In addition there was the traitor (the one who lives inside a titan literally with a mega robot basically 5mm from the titan's body) who apparently (I think) gave the Doom slayer its crucible

at best immortality varies depending on the titan

I don't believe the Titan the Doomslayer killed was the Icon of Sin or anything like it, just because of how different the two are in story.

Also, maybe the Crucible is the only thing that can kill a fully operational Icon, since the Icon in Doom 2 is pinned into a wall with his skull opened up, hence why the rockets to the brain worked.

Furthermore the old Icon doesn't seem related to the new Icon very much, since the old Icon was killed well before Doomguy met the Sentinels, and the Icon we see now is something that was created during the fall of the Sentinel world, well after the events of Doom 2.

Anyway, the Urdak codex mentions it being something akin to an opposite of hell, even existing on the opposite end of the normal dimension. If that's the case, would that be a 6-D universe size?

If the idea that the Crucible is needed to permanately kill a Titan is true then it is possible that the Icon in DOOM 2016 and Eternal is the same as the one from Doom 2. The 2016 Icon is described as the one who "supped" on the heart of the Betrayer's son meaning it could have used the son's heart to revive itself after Doom 2.

This would explain why the Icon is able to revive after Doom 2 and the Khan Makyr being able to revive it in Doom Eternal, because Doomguy didn't kill it with the Cruicible during those times.

"The Icon's presence warps reality, damaging the implicate order of our dimension merely by existing within it. If allowed to remain unchecked it would lead to the total devastation of Earth, followed by a breakdown of spacetime around the planet. The resultant black hole will eventually drag our universe down, casting it into the mouth of Hell as conquest to be absorbed by the Dark Realm.

The Kahn Maykr had taken measures to augment the titan, installing Maykr technology throughout its structure to ensure it could be controlled. With the ritual interrupted the Icon is now fully unleashed, raging across Earth until Hell consumes all. No longer bound by the heart of the Betrayer's Son, the Icon of Sin is free from any measure of control that the Maykrs might've once conceived. Only the Slayer, prophesized in Argenta legend to stand against the Icon, can stop this Apocalypse." ~ VEGA Data Entry: Final Sin

So, the Icon would eventually destroy the entire dimension and then send it into Hell, after destroying Earth and fracturing spacetime via just being there.

Passive Space-Time Manipulation for the Icon, I suppose.

Some notes:

The Doomblade and Crucible scale to the Slayer's strength, obviously. The Crucible also seems to negate durability via heat. You could possibly make an argument for the Super Shotgun scaling too, but I don't know.

The Marauder should also Downscale from the Slayer, as they possess the same types of weaponry (crucible axe for The Marauder) and in a glory kill, The Marauder is capable of holding the Slayers fist back, before he gets stabbed through the skull by the Doomblade.

The Unmaykr is just as powerful as the BFG according to the codex. Furthermore, they utilize the same ammo.

The Kahn Maykr also downscales from the Slayer, at least Durability wise, as she can only be damaged by the Slayers melee (blood punch) and is otherwise unable to be harmed directly.

The Flame Barons are literally made of fire and obsidian, so Inorganic Physiology for them.

Tyrant Cyberdemons, Archviles, and Doom Hunters all cross scale between each other, and the Flame Barons downscale from them. All of them can resist everything aside from a direct shot from the BFG, with the tracer rays only stunning the Flame Barons for a few moments and leaving the other with some mild damage.

Just some quick thoughts I had.

Okay, so I've played through most of the game on Nightmare so far and here's what I've got:

• BFG is apparently tier 6 now, lol. BFG 10k is powered by the 9k, and the 10k blows a huge hole in mars all the way down to the core.
  • The BFG isn't invariably a one shot. Barons of Hell, Archviles, Doom Hunters, Tyrants, Marauders, The Gladiator, and The Icon of Sin can all survive a BFG shot.
  • I think it's time to stop putting every weapon incomparably lower than Doomguy's strength, and this is in large part due to the Marauder. He'll block your crucible, BFG, and unmaker just fine. Same for the Blood Punch. You have to use normal weapons to kill the Marauder, which wouldn't work if they were all just arbitrarily several tiers below the Slayer. Even among the other ones up there, Marauders are barely hurt by the BFG and you can still crucible most of the others. The fact that enemies are tanking the BFG now should also signify this.
  • I'd scale Marauders to Doomguy in terms of strength, blocking your Crucible, Blood Punch, and Superweapons as he is. Makes some sort of sense, given that they're demonic Night Sentinels.
  • I think the cheat codes should be optional equipment.

Also praise the super shotgun mastery and sniper mode on the heavy cannon like I would not be able to get through several fights at all without those two things

That should also backscale to some 2016 characters, I think. The BFG is the same thing as before, I think.

Also Archviles have mindhax, according to the codex. I guess all the doom hax just exists to be resisted by doomguy

Back