• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, right, I've only seen one fan translation where they say "You've still got half an before noon."

If it is 11, then that's even better.

why is there a comparison between the people Escanor fought to decide how well Doflamingo would fare against him? And yes, the thread is finished.

>Looks at the OP

>Looks at doffys votes... cin seems to be frustrated :O

On the other hand, it seems this is 7-3 now, is it addable?

@Pachi - yes, you can post it on here. I can't do it right now as i'm currently making a calculation and it is taking much focus.

Well. This is...

Alright, in all seriousness, from what I've seen, Escanor only beats Doffy in one category. One. And Doffy one ups Escanor in every other category. I gotta agree with Cin. Pure strength/power isn't everything when your opponent has better hax, regen, stamina, etc. INB4 the "stamina means nothing in a fight". Don't. It does in terms of matches with close tiered combatants. I'm going with Doffy.

I believe Cin and Tsubaki's reasons seem to make sense. Sure Escanor might have one advantage but that ultimately gets overwhelmed by virtue of his opponent being at least comparable or even superior in all other parameters. So I'll agree with them and vote Doffy.

I second what Tsubaki said. Escanor only having one stat/category above Doffy does not equal a win, unless the gap is incomparable. I vote for Doffy considering all of the above as well.

Same can be said for the other side. As both characters has equal stats and have hax that they are well verse in. For example as the comments has stated above (since you guys seemingly decide to not look the above comments while looking at this). Surprisingly enough Escanor is also highly intelligent and isn't someone who can be fooled so easily when it comes to daytime especially at noon . Anyway I will not vote due to flawed reasoning and before you say anything. The points that was addressed earlier here is still valid. I think you need a much more detailed analysis and more thought to it than to simply go for it in your own reasoning.

@Star - I did not see the recent replies detailing anything based on intelligence, but rather on advantages based on the characters' listed powers and techniques. It seems like they are going with what I said in regards of "Physical strength vs Hax, displayed stamina, range, regen, pre-cog, transmutation of the environment, etc..." but not in terms of intelligence.

Despite my opinion on both of their personalities and intelligence (which are similar in terms of combat), I will say that both are very arrogant but are quite cunning and know how to turn the tables into their favor. I would not see a definitive edge in such a category, even if i personally see a slight edge for Doflamingo in this front primarily due to much more showcases with him in combat vs Escanor, who has only had two actual fights iirc.

Speaking of that, I am surprised you decide to kept this thread open when the thread was concluded. Normally so, but consider this is your thread you get to what you think of it. *sigh* Troublesome

@Star - i did not think that it would be closed immediately after a 7th vote on one character being victorious, but now it seems that it is currently up for grabs again.

@Cin Four battles actually as I check the wiki on that regard. Still I will admit it is quite hard to be bias free as possible when it come to matchs such as this.

@Cin I recall there was a one day grace period for a conclusion of a VS thread and consider how it passed more than one day then any votes after the grace period is void.

@Star and Aizen - personally, i would find that these hardly spoken rules being placed on the Versus Thread Rules to be helpful, as I seem to have ignored two of these rules so far Q_Q.

@Cin Indeed I think you need to take back the votes that belonged to Sera, Tsubaki, and even Fate for that matter as they have voted after the grace period. Also I will agree with you on that as I am surprised those two rules has never been added at all. I think a discussion thread for those two rules should be applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back