• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Who discussion thread 1

The idea and execution of the Mk1 Cybermen works really well, so far. It makes them feel actually unsettling while still being a cool 60's throwback as opposed to making them look like a really shit 60's throwback while acting like a shit 60's throwback.

The chopped-up, organic parts in full view version of the Cybermen always had the potential to be the most creepy.

I believe we're getting more Mk1 cybermen action, as well as Mk6 and Mk7 in the next episode.

Hey I have a question, what is the difference between the time vortex and the multiverse? I am making a profile for the Time Lords on my wiki and need to know it so I can make judgement.

Follow Doctor Freeman said:
(flexes fingers) Gimme a sec. Also, your wiki?
I made a wiki more oriented and themed for stuff like Halo, Star Trek, Mass Effect, Doctor Who, etc. I will be using a different method of tiering (Kardashev Scale) and will require a detailed difference relationship between the Time Vortex and Multiverse.

That sounds interesting! I'll check it out sometime.

Okay, I've no time to give citations, but here you go. The fourth dimension is time, although higher dimensional realms have time of their own in a sense. The Time-Space Vortex is the fifth dimension. It is a sort of foundation for the 1st-4th dimensions. It is infinite in size and touches every timeline. Calabi-Yau Space is the 6th-11th dimensions, all folded together.

Now, as for how the cosmology is divided. The Beast and the Light predate and create time, space, and matter in their battle. First an Ur-Universe is created; it is a collection of multiverses. Each universe in the Ur-Universe is usually divided by its laws of physics. We have Normal-Space (which is like our universe), Exo-Space (home of the Vampires; long story), Null-Space (like limbo), and the Anti-Matter Universe (home of Anti-Time and later Omega). Each of these universes branch off into other universes based on events inside them according to alternate timeline theory. Some sources say there are billions of alternate universes, others say infinite. I don't know if the Time Vortex reaches into other multiverses.

Did that answer your question?

Yes, I just want to gauge the scale the Time Lords have, do they have control over these universes in the Ur-Universe? Are there other Multiverses?

I'm looking into this matter, myself. Most of the information relevant to your query can be guaged by events in the Vampire Wars. Short story is, the Vampires were entities from Exo-Space that could manifest in Normal-Space in all sorts of ways, did not age, and apparently a big threat to the Time Lords at that time (if not by power then by infiltration). Even their comparatively weak earth descendants can dematerialize and attack on a molecular level, as seen in "Goth Opera."

I don't know if the Time Lords could manipulate Exo-Space or other multiverses. But the deal with the cosmology is the the Ur-Universe is itself a mulitverse that divides universes according to physical laws, and then those universes (by laws) are actually multiverses because they divide by timelines. Also worth noting that the Six-Fold God or the Grace, one, said it had jurisdiction over other multiverses.

This, by itself, warrants no real revisions, by the way. It's just sort of a thing like how YHVH from Shin Megami Tensei has jurisdiction over other multiverses, such as the Amala Network and the Digital Devil Saga multiverse, et cetera.

Jeez, a lot of people died this episode...

Also, dat ending....

Please no....

I would like if it was Matt Ryan from CW's Constantine. Or Idris Elba.

But ... I know, it's kind of impossible. But we still can dream. ~

Kris Marshall and Phoebe Waller-Bridge are the last people on the run according to the Sun article. I don't understand why people don't want a female character from a fiction character that's never gonna have sec on screen. Lol

I was happy to hear Kris Marshall was the favourite to get the role, I'm hoping he gets it.

Terrible structure, Moffat was given a blank slate, and he fails to do anything creative with it. It's not Davros, it's the Dalek from two series ago, if the new show Runner is as complacent as Moffat was, then, new rest in peace Doctor Who. Upside the next series maybe 4k, I doubt it.

Back