• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Who discussion thread 1

What, nothing about that amazing thinking speed feat? It's consistent with his FTL reactions, doing equations in short timespans, playing mental chess with a Cyber Controller in his head, and overloading a star-sized parasite who fed off the mental energies of civilizations, to name just recent examples.

Anyway, I haven't seen many of the recent episodes yet, but it sounds intriguing! Am interested about this black hole; Doctor Who always seems to treat black holes as a big deal, even though other fictions write them as little more than big vacuums. For instance, the Eye of Harmony (which is 11-D, possibly 12-D according to some of my findings) was made by a black hole manipulated by the Hand of Omega. I guess this sort of thing happens when using something that can't be known fully in real life; don't be suprised if any immensely impressive feats occur with this black hole!

I'm thinking he should be able to close it with his TARDIS, I mean, K-9 could do it over time. Should be no problem for a TARDIS. Also, we need a K-9 profile. It's also more standard equipment for the Doctor.

Affirmative Master

Ooh, good idea! I'll keep an ear out. K9 has some strange depictions in the EU. For instance, at one point the Time Lords wanted K9 to be Lord President. I do not know the context to that, but I really hope it was silly.

Wanna put a condensed version of that thinking feat in your respect blog? Or perhaps there should be a separate blog for the myriad EU feats and have yours stick to the show?

A separate blog would likely be best. K-9 only appears in the 1 episode in new-who and spends the rest of his time on the spin-off show which I have no access to.

Oh, I meant Doctor Who in general, but I understand. Since you can see the new episodes and I have managed to find various EU sources, you could cover the show feats, and I'll worry about the EU stuff. Sound good?

By the way, this site has transcripts of The Sarah Jane Chronicles.

As much as I would like to, I'm already looking through though whole show. There's also many episodes of SJA I haven't seen, so it would suck if I get spoiled on stuff.

After I trick everyone into thinking that K-9 is 11-D for the Time Lords wanting to elect him.

Hey, speaking of black holes, Doctor Who has an Azathoth. It was a sentient black hole that saved some folks from the universe before the current one (but after Moloch and some other guys created all of time, matter, and space). Do black holes have scary tentacles and teeth?

I remember back in The Satan Pit when the Doctor said that Time Lords "practically invented" black holes.

Snoop Dawg with the Doctor

Totally not gangsta

Also, I spoke with Ultima and we both agree that the powers have no clear definition (Immortality/regen type) and could do with cleaning tbh.

(All the higher tier profiles) Great Old ones, members of the Six fold realm, Chronovores etc.

In "The Abominable Snowmen," the Great Intelligence's first appearance, his plan was to flood the planet with weird glowy matter so he could be material again, so I'd say the face is an upgrade.

Didja know he was a Time Lord from the Old Universe once? A defense advisor, no less! No wonder he wants to be 3-D again. Poor guy, stuck being goo, or a Calvin and Hobbes snowman, or that face.

He became 3-D later, iirc, when he entered the Doctor's timeline

Noice! Good on ya!

Anyone want to hazard a guess on:

• What kills the Doctor
  • Who kills the Doctor
Professor Peach, in the library, with a spanner

I'm tempted to say exactly the way the first did, since it fits the theme of being the first of a new set of regens' and the first Doctor died on Mondas.

However, I will say Cyberman attack.

Talk:Type-40 TARDIS I think we should make this change.And do y'all think I should ask to get some feats for the doctor calced that I found and placed in my respect thread?

So ... The villain of 2018 K9 movie is Omega.

Question: HOW? Without the Doctor, how K9 will defeat Omega? I'm waiting for a big PIS.
New-k93
New K9

I don't know what's more sad.

The fact that Omega's first live-action reappearance since 1983 will be the K9 movie.

Or the fact that he'll probably be beaten by K9.

Anyway, do you guys had read the comics?

Now the Toymaker is living in a new Toyroom, which is a part of the TARDIS.

There's a Silent who is forgotten even by the other Silence members. And he can steal memories.

Doctor Who film!?!

It's animated right? It can't be LA? (Please do be LA)

@Ever: Tell me about it; it's difficult enough taking in the Doctor being the Other and Merlin and all that, but that stuff in "City of the Saved"... whew. By the way, do you know where one can read/listen to this stuff?

Whoa-ho, Omega's coming back? I hope we find out more about what he is capable of; been finding interesting feats in EU stuff and-

Whoa-ho-ho-ho, what's this about the comics? The Toymaker's back? Spare me no details, Takato! Wow, I gotta see if my local library has that comic yet!

@Freeman

That I wouldn't know, but I wanna try to find it.

What I'm curious on is how the Doctor would feel if he visited the City of the Saved in the show itself.

That place probably has 1-B defenses because a certain Time Lady launched a failed raid on the place (involving 100 Type-90-ish TARDISes, eleven of which got blown apart just by hitting the walls) and the post-heat death universe has Saraquazel the 27-D guy.

Type-91 War TARDISes to be exact. Then again, the City is a sentient Type-103 TARDIS, so maybe that's why.

But still, it's a city where every human that has ever lived (Including prehumans and posthumans) all live in a galaxy-sized city where they can't ever die.

I'm really curious as to how the Doctor would react to that.

I kinda knew that X character was the Master in disguse. But the reveal was still good. The Doctor's reaction though...

Also, I love the voice of the Mk1 cybermen.

Back