• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Doom vs Lavos

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cal

I'm absolutely telling you that any 4-D Low 2-C out there would off BB with a gesture

@Kal. The point I'm trying to make is that by no means does Doom draining Beyonder means he can affect all of the Lavoses, because it doesn't have the range to do so. Just the potency.

3-11... Tho at this point I dont even know what is right.

Doom is missing things in his profile...

Kaltias said:
Even then he gets the range as soon as he drain one
You sure about that? that's 2-A range, absorging one lavos is just Low 2-C.

The real cal howard said:
And Doom knows he can get out how? He's smart, and that's an understatement, but does he how to use all of those powers? While he's figuring that out, or teleporting back, he gets absorbed, has his resistances voided and subjected to hax x, y, and z, gets hit by Lavos' Kars level of timestop, gets omnilocked and now he can actually not leave, or do anything, just troll and send him back over and over, and etc., as Lavos can attack him from there, but not the other way around.

And there's still no answer for the dupes.

Also, there's the 4Km distance, and from what I've heard, the Drain isn't gonna activate it from there.

Heck, Lavos can just pull a Doom and strategically retreat and make Doom have to find him as he snipes.
My vote's still this. He BFRs Doom, and haxes with what I said above in the few moments he's away.

@Any admin or d-mod

Im leaving for now, if this gets out of hand, please be my guest and hakai this.

@Cal

No offense, but BFR has long been debunked, and before you were bringing up BFR everyone you included agreed that Doom wins in hax.

Uh, that's what you meant. Fair point.

Still, legitimately lolBFR can backfire horribly if Doom escapes in HD space, as that basically means prep for him

About Doom's hax, I never said that. I, along with everyone else, said Power Drain was powerful as anything.

BFR was debunked, and I said that Doom could come back (or at least the second time). Lavos can still just push him away over and over, and because he can use his range with that gap, it's a worthwhile strategy.

I also forgot about Lavos' crazy power mimicry, which turns most of Doom's stuff against him, and gives him Doom's resistances.

https://youtu.be/JmYDAvWDR_M

Literally the first thing he does in base, Btw. Copies things that are long extinct, tech that hasn't been invented yet, and a dude who's been trying to kill him this entire one and is part of your party.

Also, dude, really? Scans? You know Fate would kill you if you asked for those ovo.

This is identical to the Power Null gag. Where characters are assumed to be able to automatically null, because they can null ability Y, which is a magic, and ability X is also a "magic", so they can obviously null it too!

I was going to make a thread about this NLF, but I got sidetracked. What do you guys think?

Not quite. You need feats that it will work on someone of Doom's power and Doom's abilities. In-game it never copies hax. It just copies traditional JRPG abilities like Stat Effects and elemental magic. To say that it can copy Reality Warping is laughable.

Power mimicry has its limits like every other hax.

First, the Lavos side prove that Lavos can copy something of this calibre, then if it works it's up to the Doom said to explain how he counters.

It's one of the most NLF powers period, so feats are needed even more

This thread is really becoming a mess. What happened to the days when two haxy fictional characters could just fight without no negative repercussions?

Power Null and Mimicry are quite the NLF here.

I've seen people saying nulling fire manip makes you able to null subatomic Matter Manip before.

Also, it was one of the reasons the first Khorne vs. Arceus thread was...well.

1. Was talking about power stealing/replicating in general. Whatever Lavos does isn't my concern.

2. Same for mind manip? Absolute 0? And so on? They work against anyone not tier 0 if they lack the resistance to it. Being higher tiered doesn't mean it won't work on you. That's the whole power>hax NLF stuff all over again. Now if they have the resistance, and its STILL clamimed it'll work, that's where NLF comes in.

Lavos' everything got boosted when it went from base to DD to TD, and we see that in effect, in his absorption, all of his attacks, and more.

It's not a matter of resistance. It's a matter of Lavos having never copied powers like Doom's. Being able to copy a Ki technique doesn't make you able to copy soul manip for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back