• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Doom vs Lavos

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kukui

With all the due respect, it really doesn't work like that. You'll never see me claiming something along the lines of Akro getting conceptual manipulation by absorbing Machina because lolpowerdrain, and that's because his showings aren't remotely near to that level

Also, no offense Kep, but that's kind of a bad example.

Fire manipulating is not a hax ability in the slightest. Its more so the kind of nulling like Beerus nulling KI energy attacks. And obviously nulling energy moves doesnt mean reality warping gets no-selled.

If people really thought that, then they didnt fully understand how hax works.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
This thread is really becoming a mess. What happened to the days when two haxy fictional characters could just fight without no negative repercussions?
Popular ones? Legit never.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
It's not a matter of resistance. It's a matter of Lavos having never copied powers like Doom's. Being able to copy a Ki technique doesn't make you able to copy soul manip for example.
No one here is saying that as far as IK. Because copying energy attacks definitely doesnt mean you replicate hax abilities.

Hax and energy attacks are totally different.

He copied Magus. A dude who doesn't only have hax, and his powers outstrip his haxed mother's, but uses it to combat Lavos. So please don't say that there's no feats of copying things on Doom's level.

@Kukui

Saying you can mimic Doom's hax just because you've shown the ability to take RPG stats is almost as bad.

Magus' hax is literally elemental magic and little more. He never copied:

Reality Warping, Spatial Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Physics Manipulation, Probability Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation, etc.

Kepekley23 said:
@Kukui

Saying you can mimic Doom's hax just because you've shown the ability to take RPG stats is almost as bad.
Once again, not talking about Lavos Kep.

Talking about Power stealing/replicating in general. Added with I dont even see how copying stats means you copy hax. Otherwise Mewtwo would he having a field day with this.

Kepekley23 said:
@Kukui

Even if I didn't have that example, going the RPG stuff route is nothing but game mechanics.

The real cal howard said:
He copied Magus. A dude who doesn't only have hax, and his powers outstrip his haxed mother's, but uses it to combat Lavos. So please don't say that there's no feats of copying things on Doom's level.
I hope you realize that half of this argument is circular.

Lavos > Magnus > Magnus' Mom = Lavos

> Man kep.

Matt didn't assume anything. Magus's hax isn't anything reomtely on the level of Doom

It isn't remotely on the level of Base Doom, let alone on the level of Doom with the powers of Galactus + Cosmic Cube + Three other stuff.

No but lavos copied plenty more than just >It just copies traditional JRPG abilities like Stat Effects and elemental magic.

He being kinda plenty wrong.

Honestly I think this thread is a little lost...
Good luck.

(Yeah, honestly I haven't contributed much to the discussion, but I don't know much about Lavos or Doom, so...)

Lavos>>>>>>Zeal

Magus>Zeal

Lavos>>>Magus

Let me go through the things that Lavos has copied:

Blood Manipulation, Instant Death, Transmutation, Durability Negation, Magic, Telekinesis, Fusionism, Duplication, Regenerationn, Power Drain, Power Nullification, Teleportation, Telepathy, etc.

And that's from the bosses that he chooses to copy alone. No doubt that he can copy fodder, which puts a ton more on that.

So yeah, not just lol RPG stuff.

Kepekley23 said:
> Man kep.

Matt didn't assume anything. Magus's hax isn't anything reomtely on the level of Doom
Since when did Doom having more hax disprove my point that Lavos has shown to copy loads of hax? That's like me saying that I used fire on Kirby, but because he's not made out of spaghetti, that means it won't work on the Flying Spahetti Monster.

Lavos can copy hax. That's what matters.

Literally none of these abilities hold a candle to the sole of Doom's armoured boots. Which is where Lavos belongs.

No offense but I see no way Lavos is winning.

Which still doesnt mean Doom is suddenly untouchable.

Cal proved Lavos can copy hax

If you can copy/absorb hax, and the opponent has no resistance to it, theres no reason why the hax can't work against them.

Doom's armor does have defenses against his own technology being used against him and absorbing Galactus' powers should grant him his resistances too

@Cal

That's a false equivalence. It's like saying Lavos can copy someone who has Cold Manip 100 million degrees below Absolute Zero just because he can see the Invisible Pink Unicorn.

Yeah but prom. Even better.

>Doom's armor does have defenses against his own technology being used against him.

Lavos had now been given a free win card. Well for hax from technology anyway.

Promestein said:
Doom's armor does have defenses against his own technology being used against him and absorbing Galactus' powers should grant him his resistances too
Good thing Lavos is the literal posterboy for Resistance Negation.

All these people talking about "Lol Doom's powers are tech based so they are easily copied", I have a question:

Do you think Lavos can copy The Downstreamers' tech? Because literally nothing changes in the argument. Just because some power is science-based doesn't mean it is automatically the same.

Was just about to say that.

Look at Lavos's profile. The level of tech he copied is not remotely Doom level. It's not even Tony level.

Saying he can copy tech that haxes its way through people like Galactus and Odin is a ridiculous NLF.

Kepekley23 said:
@Cal

That's a false equivalence. It's like saying Lavos can copy someone who has Cold Manip 100 million degrees below Absolute Zero just because he can see the Invisible Pink Unicorn.
That's a terrible analogy, my man.

What you and Matt are saying is that if Lavos copies fire, water, earth, and wind, because he hasn't copied each electricity that means he can't.

Kepekley23 said:
Was just about to say that.

Look at Lavos's profile. The level of tech he copied is not remotely Doom level. It's not even Tony level.

Saying he can copy tech that haxes its way through people like Galactus and Odin is a ridiculous NLF.
Still missing the point. Unless Doom's hax is higher d, because Lavos has been shown copying hax, he can. Because it's totally not like Lavos has a metric ton of it on his own, so clearly copying reality warping is sooo far out of his reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back