• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doom. Smarter, more versatile, more haxed. His armor disables scanning attempts.

Question.

Does Dark Samus have the Ice Beam?

If so, it's probably more fair to use her instead.

K.

So this is basically Samus but Low Godly regen replacing negation

Should be more fair.

I believe Doom has a higher chance of Mindhaxing first as DS needs to look in his eyes for it to work and it has no resistance

Well, Dark Samus does have resistance to most of Doom's hax; keyword being most. She could resist mind-hacking, soul manipulation, reality warping ect. Phazon manip basically has all of that. But the one trump cards Doom has are Space-Time Manipulation, and BFR.

I don't think Mind hacking wouldn't work, but iirc, Dr Doom can use time travel to his advantage and turn the entire fight in his favor. And there's also BFR, iirc, his BFR might be as good, if not better than Bayo's. Going with Doctor Doom for those reasons.

You guys are kinda underestimating Dark Samus don't ya think?

First of all, mind manip doesn't work, so there goes literally all the votes (Prom voted for Doom against Samus) and the other reason is that Dark Samus gets turned into chrome (Transmutation on a character with Low-Godly regen and can create duplicates anyways? Really?)

Second, what does Doom start off with? If he gets hit even once or tries anything close range he gets corrupted with Phazon Fever.

Third, she has most of his best hax from just having phazon, mind you most of the phazon abilities come from it just being there, not even in use.

Well ignoring duplicates, DS's low godly would just allow her to regen a new body? Unless Doom just leaves her there, in which case the duplicates would get him that way, but I doubt Doom is that cocky.

Create a new body? No, because you're transmuted.

You can't regenerate your body when there's no damage to regenerate.

You can when your body isn't the thing that's being regenerated from. Remember this is Low-Godly Regen.

Yes, you regenerate your body from your soul.

Your body has been transmuted, thus you can't regen.

Low godly regen doesn't help against transmutation. It's just regenerating from soul, which won't help against transmutation, which is basically rearranging molecules, not destroying the atomic bonds

Joseph619 said:
Low godly regen doesn't help against transmutation. It's just regenerating from soul, which won't help against transmutation, which is basically rearranging molecules, not destroying the atomic bonds
^

Not even if she has regened from being turned into a puddle of phazon when she used to be a being of energy?...

Pretty sure Doom's defenses are enough to protect him from Phazon. They can protect him from Extremis, the best hackers in Marvel, and radiation.

Doom is smarter and a lot tougher, first of all, and has a versatility advantage. I'm sure he can hack into her armor. He wouldn't really hesitate to drain her energy to leave her powerless, and the Power Cosmic Siphon Harness would take allllll of her powers and abilities and leave her completely helpless. Doom can also time travel (and can use this to effectively save scum), switch out with Doombots mid-combat, reprogram her teleportation destinations and teleport her as he pleases, aaaaaaaand BFR her millions of years into the past and leave her there.

@Gargoyle no, Metroid Prime became unstable due to its fight with Samus and become a puddle of Phazon, it wasn't destroyed into a puddle of Phazon (Metroid Prime's essense is energy to begin with).

@Prom Do they also protect from the soul manip, bio manip, and at least planetary levels of mind manip that Phazon fever comes with as well.

Her "armor" isn't technological. The energy comes from phazon, he would literally corrupt himself in the process. Doesn't he need prep for the siphon too? Phazon would corrupt the doombots then as well. How would he reprogram her teleportation? How does the BFR work? Mind you she can just teleport and corrupt him at a distance.

Yes to the planetary mind manipulation, unsure on the soul and biological manipulation.

It's built into his armor. He can deactivate his doombots at will. Teleportation reprogramming is magic, BFR is too. He can do both instantly.

Okay, so that's still damage and not transmutation, or we make a CRT and add it, and even then, that's still not forced transmutation.

Regen is useful if there's damage or death. Transmutation can cause incapacitatio against which regen is useless. If I turn into a monkey I can't regenerate back to human, because no amount of damage can turn me into a monkey. It's a specific hax. I would have to transform if I want to become human again (if I am still able to think with my monkey brain). People got to realize what regen is and what it does. It's not an answer to every hax which does no destruction

@Prom

As in he resists planetary mind manip, or does he resist mind manip that worked on planetary mind manip resistance.

He can try to deactivate it, but that won't work, the Elyssians tried deactivating their corrupted robots too. And does he usually start with either in character?

@Gargoyle Unstable being =/= damaged, if that was the case then Dark Samus at her peak would be pretty dead before the battle even began. Actually, yes it is, it happened because MP got overloaded by Samus' phazon beam causing her to be forcefully changed into a puddle of phazon.

@Jose so even if you could create a new body, you couldn't turn back into a human? You're thinking about high - lower levels of regen here. Also, still doesn't solve duplicates.

He resists planetary mind manipulation, from Red Skull Onslaught.

What he starts with is generally inconsistent but he's pretty quick to use both whenever the opportunity arises. If he sees her teleporting he'll use the teleportation reprogramming.

Hmm, so in that case, its gonna be debatable.

Hm, I see. Well Dark Samus generally starts off with Shrapnel Beam rather than teleportation (She starts really using it in her 2nd and 3rd encounter with Samus if I remember, but that's not this Dark Samus)

Doom has his forcefield for stuff like that.

SomebodyData said:
@Jose so even if you could create a new body, you couldn't turn back into a human? You're thinking about high - lower levels of regen here. Also, still doesn't solve duplicates.
New body as in a duplicate of your original? That's still not regen. Increasing the degree of regen doesn't change the concept of how it works in principle. Regenerationn isn't like reversing time where you can go back to your original state. We have definition for what certain level of regen can do, and they don't help anybody getting back from being a monkey

@Gar I was bringing it up to show Dark Samus can regen out of transmutation, not that she resists it. Alhough if its really such a problem, DS still has transmutation and intangibility to avoid it.

@Prom Still has the forcefield bypassing part from Samus

@Gar Well she does have the Ice Spreader, which means she should have it.

@Joe Transmutating into an object (Like say gold) or to a monkey are two different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back