• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SomebodyData said:
@Gar I was bringing it up to show Dark Samus can regen out of transmutation, not that she resists it. Alhough if its really such a problem, DS still has transmutation and intangibility to avoid it.
You can't regen out of transmutation, she either resisted it and that's how she regens or she doesn't.

@SD: Yeah, but all of those are some of the many applications of what transmutation can do. Regen can help against certain few transmutation but not most where there is zero physical damage or injury (certain transmutation can even heal former injuries). It's a pretty versatile hax with varying effects and potency

@Joe I'm referring to the specific transmutation that Doom has, as you said, sometimes regen can help, sometimes it cannot. Given that my only info is the generic "character turns to x material", that's what I was working on. If that's incorrect, tell me. @Gar Duplication then? Also, Joesph's point contradicts your "a or b" statement, so I'm not sure what to say to that.

Saw Doom's transmutation. Can transform people into monster

Yeah, I don't think regen will work at all against that.

Ah okay, then just Duplication,

Unless Dark Samus uses her own bio manip to fuse her prior and current dna together like with D Samus's birth, but that might take too long. Or just fuses with Doom's DNA and tech, becoming Dark Doom.

Now the question is if he would use it. How often has he used it?

I really don't see how his point contradicts mine, in fact, him saying it has different potency and effects kinda supports it.

Anyway we're derailing.

SomebodyData does make some good arguments, people sound like they're downplaying Dark Samus, as they tend to on various Metroid characters. iirc, Doctor Doom can teleport his enemies to other universes, which is better than teleporting them to a pocket reality. Soul manipulation and mind manipulation wouldn't work on Dark Samus, and Dark Samus's low-godly regen and spacial intangibility need to be accounted for.

Anyway, Force Fields are quite useless against Dark Samus, because Phazon literally bypasses force fields, barriers, and armor of nearly all varieties and ignores conventional durability. Time and Space manipulation are the only abilities that Dark Samus doesn't quite have an answer to. He can time through time and to other universes among many other things, and he can teleport his opponent to other time periods or other universe as well.

Doom's monster transmutation is only during his demonic powerup. Unless it's specified he shouldn't have his demonic powerup abilities.

You guys do know that DS has mind hax resistant comparable to Doom's mind hax right? Not to mention that Phazon itself already gives her a bunch of other hax, as well as corrupting the victim.

Data sort of debunked most of Doom's votes, except perhaps mine and Prom, since we specified other abilities. Dark Samus actually has resistance to most of Doom's hax same Space-Time manip and BFR; but those are his best hax abilities.

I actually voted for Doctor Doom, I simply noted that Dark Samus was technically getting downplayed throughout most of the thread. As did SomeBodyData

Now now, I better get a look of what is happening.

I don't think that corruption would work on Doom, as he can shrrugh off stuff like that from beings who can bypass mind control as well.

Forcefields I'm not sure, as the things work on a sub-atomic level, so take that as you wish.

BFR and Time manipulation can definitly take downDS, is one of DD many popular moves, through where or not he would lead with it can be still debateable.

I believe that DD better experience and vast arsenal of weapons can compete DS for a while, until he decides to use time manipulation/BFR when he realizes such at threat that he is facing. That might give him the win.

DD high Diff through.

Both of them are entirely referred to as Darker reflections of the main protagonists and serve as rivals of them in their respective arcs-Games

Both of them also wish to rebirth or recreate the world, DS for the Metroids, and Fiamma for Humanity, which DS tries to destroy.

Also going to point it out (Again) but DD has been getting bad in term of matches since his update; Rein, BB, Kars (Possibly Rago and Lavos).

We just simply overhyped him to much.

Err.

Are you forgetting he won against Fiamma and Mewtwo? The former of which is one of the most stupid 5Bs on this site, and is gonna win against DS.

We haven't overhype's him, hell Matt has provided arguments as to why he could win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back