• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC 3 Dante Speed Upgrade.

Commenting here for notifs.

1. I haven't seen the video, what was their reasoning behind it being over 100k raindrops?

2. What is your reasoning behind it being 1 drop per slice?

I believe the video pretty explicitly showed each swing cutting one and only one drop, the raindrop count thing I believe is actually being looked at right now.

Wait, isn't Dante and Vergil's swords hella big? Like wouldn't they be cutting multiple raindrops at several points during their clash if that's the case?

1. Death Battles has stated that 100K raindrops were sliced, so it is safe to go with the numbers DB stated here. However, there is an argument for a lesser number of raindrops, which I will post in the calc very soon.

2. Perpetual has noticed that during the point Dante slices a raindrop, that single raindrop just burst (meaning he destroyed that individual raindrop). If it was multiple raindrops destroyed per slice, we would be seeing a different effect instead of a single exploding raindrop.

Also, I would like to note that Dante&Vergil may have been using Quiksilver seeing that the perspective of time was literally stopped in that scene. DB has noted that this feat was done without the use of Quiksilver, so this feat was done without any magical assistance, I would be okay with it.

1. Alright then

2. See what Crossover said, it's almost physically impossible for them to only cut 1 per slice and once we get the number of drops down I'm pretty sure I could mathematically prove this

CrossverseCrisis said:
Wait, isn't Dante and Vergil's swords hella big? Like wouldn't they be cutting multiple raindrops at several points during their clash if that's the case?
Vergil's sword is just a standard Katana with durabilty ignoring powers, and Dante sword is just a Magically claymore or broadsword

I would especially say that to Dante's broadsword. I really find it odd that a sword that wider would miss all but at least one raindrop per slash.

IDK what y'all really think, but that's just something i really needs to be looked into a bit more.

I was thinking that we could just calculate the thickness and length of the swords and then assume the raindrops are evenly distributed throughout the half-sphere they're in. Then we could just calculate how many raindrops would be destroyed per-swing in accordance with how long the calc says each sword swing is. That'd give us an average of drops destroyed per swing and from there it'd just be simple division to figure out the total swings.

so are we going to upgrade Dante on this too? vergill seems to already get the upgrade

Sora'sOther said:
Or just find the average measurements of a broadsword and katana and use that, saves the trouble of extentive calcing
True, this will be a lot easier. I'll do it once the raindrop garbage gets worked out.

I will wait and see what a couple think of the speed feat. Personally, I'm willing to agree with what Perp stated seeing the raindrops being sliced one by one judging by the video.

Anyways, why we are applying real life logic in a series that clearly defies logic I have no idea, such as DontTalk's calculation of Abigail's lightning bolt moving at Mach 40000+. It's not that far-fetched for Dante and Vergil to break some sense of logic in regards to feats like this as well.

Personally, in the worse case scenario, I would just leave Dante's tiering as it is with his Hypersonic+ speed due to him apparently catching fire while travelling.

Okay so i guess that we can try to ignore what just occured 3+ hours ago.

Back to the calc, i see this being aite from what i can see. Kind of wonder what the others think......hopefully they ignore the longsword thing i apparently brought up earlier......hopefully they can ignore it....

i don't do calcs XD though this seems reasonable btw if anyone wants an fyi i got an english longword that is 110cm just sayian you could use that as a basis if you want

Red, i just said to ignore the broadsword length thing, okay?

In any case, are there anyone else that thinks the calc is fine or what?

sorry cross i was giving a bit of suggestion anyway this leaves one question how fast would Dante be if he uses quicksilver in dmc 3

Crazystarf said:
Also, I would like to note that Dante&Vergil may have been using Quiksilver seeing that the perspective of time was literally stopped in that scene. DB has noted that this feat was done without the use of Quiksilver, so this feat was done without any magical assistance, I would be okay with it.
Given that this scene took place on the Temen-ni-gru, where Dante and Vergil had their first fight of Devil May Cry 3, this would've taken place before Dante obtained Quicksilver by defeating Geryon, and Vergil does not have Quicksilver due to never encountering or killing Geryon (Unless one counts the playable Vergil in DMC3 SE).

Perhaps the calc team needs to check this feat. We have two choices between 20800, and 108000. However, the Death Battle video explicitly stated that there were 108000 raindrops, so what are we going with?

I would however, advise that we go with 108000 in order to avoid conflict with members from DB in case they drop by to see this calculation.

We cannot treat DB's statement as law without proof. It is probably best if you ask the calculation group members.

hmmm so it would have to be the average ammount of raindrops in a 12 foot radius in a rainstorm which i found something interesting here https://uclue.com/?xq=3670 it says i think (someone probably can give clearer detail about the link ~.~) 412,700,000 raindrops per cubic foot if we times it by 12 then it would be around 4,952,400,000 raindrops with in a 12 foot radius (i am trying to give an answer someone pls correct me if i am wrong i can't do calcs like there >.>)

Well, this entire thread is going to escalate very quickly here. If this value is accepted, I'll probably be going to make some major changes to the calculation.

yeah with that insane ammount dante might be a whole lot faster than before...

With redgrave's suggestion, I will make an optional calc that involves the broadsword's length. However, the question for that is, what are the width of each individual raindrop?

Perhaps in the mm range?

Again, you should place requests on the message walls of the calculation group members, and discuss the matter with them.

TISSG7Redgrave said:
hmmm so it would have to be the average ammount of raindrops in a 12 foot radius in a rainstorm which i found something interesting here https://uclue.com/?xq=3670 it says i think (someone probably can give clearer detail about the link ~.~) 412,700,000 raindrops per cubic foot if we times it by 12 then it would be around 4,952,400,000 raindrops with in a 12 foot radius (i am trying to give an answer someone pls correct me if i am wrong i can't do calcs like there >.>)
I think that answer is far, far too high and is likely counting extremely tiny drops that aren't visible to humans. Either that or its counting every raindrop hitting an area over the entire course of the storm.

4,952,400,000 raindrops in the area Dante is fighting in may as well be equivalent to just dropping a swimming pool on them.

Just for a heads up, I found this site saying that a drop of water is approximately 0.05ml per drop. This would mean that to fill a volume of a coffee mug (300ml), you would need at least 6000 of these just to fill a cup.

@LordXCano: You would be very surprised. Considering the size of those raindrops and the spacing between them, I am leaning towards way more than 20800, or even 108000 raindrops for that matter.

The volume of a hemisphere that was a 12 foot radius. The volume of a hemisphere that has a 12 foot radius hemisphere has a volume of about 97.7m^3, or 9.77e10 mm^3. Considering each and every drop only takes about 0.05ml, it would take approximately 1.954e12 raidrops to fill that area.

Also keep in mind that for beings like Dante/Vergil, they are considered to be far and beyond average humans; this means their sense of perception is likely insanely higher compared to ours, meaning any limitations that an average human might face flies out the windows for something like this. Even the raindrops that would be completely invisible to humans would be completely visible to a person like Dante/Vergil.

Redgrave is correct on this one.

Lastly, Alakabamm has made a commenting regarding your suggestion in regards to Dante cutting more than one raindrop in the video, as the video never explicitly stated that only one raindrops were cut. I will take your/Cross' suggestion in regards to the sword cutting more than one raindrop however.

So are we going to do something about this or no? It's getting boring if we can't reach anywhere on this...

Hold that thread open a little while longer. I'll finish the calculation according to your thoughts and post it in the blog soon.

Back