• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Distance to naruto moon?

So i get that around here if you can pixel scale something then always do it. Thats why the naruto planet is put at like 27000km in diameter instead of assuming it is the same size as earth. So why is it assumed that the narutoverse's moon is the same distance away from earth as our moon when you have a perfectly good (well maybe not im not an expert) panel here to pixel scale from.

Six path chibaku tensei

Now i get that it is naruto and sasuke who did that and not hagoromo, but its exactly the same technique. It was given to them by hagoromo, and it sealed kaguya, just as hagoromo's did. Since hagoromo made the moon for the narutoverse with exactly the same technique it should have exactly the same outcome.

So a possible argument against this is that if the moon was really that close to earth it would've crashed. My reply is how is the moon in that panel i posted above managing to stay in the air? The same reason why the one in the naruto planet is, whatever that may be.

Also when you do the pixel scaling the distance comes to around 6000-7000km. Which i get makes no sense, but does a 27000km in diameter planet having a worldwide military force of only 80000 make sense either? There are so many other cases where the pixel scaling is absolutely inconsistent with whats portrayed in the series but if the rules are pixel scaling above all shouldn't we be objective about this

Is there a scan of it being further out though? If there is ill just shut up right now. But going by nagato and everyone else's CTs the centre of the mass is the core and the core doesn't move once it starts attracting mass. Meaning that that moon didn't get any higher.

I mean it was the same with nagato and madara's. They made the core(s) fly somewhere, then rocks and stuff started being attracted to them and they didn't move anymore after that

Hagoromo did his on Earth and it ended up in space, the same technique was used with possibly the same amount of chakra and it eventually would end up in space too.

The user can choose how high up its forms or comes down from, remember Sasuke making those nine on this back and Madara dropping 32 from above?

Also, the core in the middle is what controls this. It doesn't go away, and was scene inside the monster Toneri created with chibaku tensei. (The shaped doesnt have to be a sphere, it could be made into something else)

We don't know how far hagoromo's was because theres no good scan to pixel scale it from. Saying that it was still rising is an assumption. Just like assuming naruto's earth is the same size as our planet. Pixel scaling the distance from that scan is less of an assumption, just like pixel scaling from kishi's probably not drawn to scale map.

Sasuke and madara deliberately moved their chibaku tensei as a separate action from forming it (and madara's wasn't even moving it himself, he literally let them drop due to gravity). Nobody did anything to the moon after it began forming. When nagato used it the satellite didn't rise by itself. The core comes out, flies wherever it does, and then rocks start getting attracted to it and it doesn't move anymore.

If the moon really did get pushed further into space (and theres actual evidence of this apart from assumptions. Im not saying there aren't, I just want to see them), Then it should be counted as 2 separate feats since as with both the other times we've seen it happen its 2 separate actions. It probably won't give much of a different result but for correctness it should be done anyway. I did a rough calc of the first part using the scan i posted and got high end moon level and that was with a distance of around 4500km so moving it from that height to 384000km should be much higher

- The first moon seen throughout the Naruto series was made by Hagoromo, and clearly it ended up in space itself..

- Sasuke was holding his Chibaku Tensei's on his back, and eventually moved them from above the shinju tree to near the final valley

- Toneri was moving the moon in The Last closer and closer to Naruto's home planet

Exactly. All separate actions. Just as i said. Toneri didn't even make the chibaku tensei that is the moon of the narutoverse yet he can move it just like sasuke did with his. You say that hagoromo's clearly ended up in space, but i don't see anyone pixel scaling it to be that far away.

So i still haven't been proven wrong. Saying someone moved the six paths chibaku tensei over 300000km more kilometres away offscreen and we didn't see it move at all. I can even overlook that. However just like i suggested it should be calced as 2 separate feats if you're adamant about it. The first for moving the moon to how far it was moved in that panel (which is pixel scalable) and the second is moving it from that distance to the distance our moon is from our earth.

Once again as i already said the first part already is moon+ level. The second part the distance is much larger so it probably won't make a huge difference but to be objective it should be done. Otherwise what it is is assuming things because they make more sense than the pixel scaling for some things but pixel scaling other things even though the results make no sense.

Accuse me of whatever you wish but the fact still remains this is double standards. Im not asking for a downgrade just for the sake of it. You probably will never see me argue against planet level kaguya which is the highest AP rating of any character in the series. Even when you have your little star level kaguya discussions i won't join in (as i haven't you can look at the last couple of them). I will only do that when there is something on panel that suggests her planets are smaller than that.

And maybe if you had actually read the whole thread instead of just jumping to conclusions because you don't want to see naruto downgraded so badly you would've seen that i said numerous times that this potentially barely makes any difference. If you calc it as 2 separate feats like i suggested which I did a rough calc of you get a moon level feat and a small planet level feat. The first one came to just under 400 exatons and the second was around 600 exatons. So in essence all that happens is that you get 2 feats instead of one.

We never even saw hagoromo do his feat. Its based on a huge number of assumptions. This way is slightly less assumptuous and is therefore more correct. Im sorry that you think that way about anyone who doesn't share your opinion. I still have problems with the 2 step method but its slighty better than assuming it happened in one.

Otherwise if you can't even accept that the most accurate and least assumptuous way would be just taking the distance in that scan as the real moon distance instead of assuming its aas far away as our one is. After all the same was done for the naruto planets size. instead of just assuming its the same size as our planet it was pixel scaled over many, many steps. I never asked for any downgrade. I just wanted to know if there was a reason why this is the case and point out what i think is a double standard. But im done. I got what i wanted from this thread.

Back