• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discussion Rule on Infinite Zamasu

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKM sama

Waifu Connoisseur
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Human Resources
I'm surprised that we don't already have a discussion rule for this recurring topic. We get so many threads trying to change Infinite Zamasu's Low 2-C rating (both upgrades and downgrades) to this day, even though this topic has been debated several times over the last few years, that I think it is necessary to create a discussion rule banning this topic.

Here are some of the threads that I found, but obviously there exist more that I haven't gone through the trouble to find. People who keep track of the verse/topic know what I am talking about.

I propose we add a discussion rule for this specific topic in Dragon Ball discussion rules. Something like:

Do not create discussion threads trying to change Infinite Zamasu's Low 2-C rating. We have had repetitive and exhaustive discussion on why Infinite Zamasu's feat of becoming the universe is Low 2-C, and not 3-A or 2-C. There is sufficient proof of him merging with time, and insufficient proof of him merging with more than one universe.

Wouldn't be better to put the argumenta that explains why we gave him this rating? because it doesn't change anything if we don't explain why he is low 2-C, it just gonna drive people to do more threads about this topic
Already answered in the second part:

There is sufficient proof of him merging with time, and insufficient proof of him merging with more than one universe.

That alleviate your concerns? He's Low 2-C because he merged with Future Universe 7 whose time-flow is unaffected by current Universe 7, Future Universe 7 is its own separate spacetime-continuum with its own past, present and future.

There is sufficient proof of him merging with time, and insufficient proof of him merging with more than one universe.

That alleviate your concerns? He's Low 2-C because he merged with Future Universe 7 whose time-flow is unaffected by current Universe 7, Future Universe 7 is its own separate spacetime-continuum with its own past, present and future.
not enough, because if you just write a line: hey he is Low 2-C cuz he have sufficient proof of him merged with time, no scan, no actual proof, no in-deep explaination of cosmology then people will just make more, rather than directly question and downgrade IZ, they will question and downgrade the whole DBS cosmology which indirectly affect IZ

not enough, because if you just write a line: hey he is Low 2-C cuz he have sufficient proof of him merged with time, no scan, no actual proof, no in-deep explaination of cosmology then people will just make more, rather than directly question and downgrade IZ, they will question and downgrade the whole DBS cosmology which indirectly affect IZ
We explicitly have rules forbidding that.
  • Do not attempt to change the current Dragon Ball cosmology and power ratings without new evidence from an ongoing manga or anime series. We have heard all of the arguments many times before, and are so exhausted of constantly dealing with those topics that bringing them up recurrently leads to nowhere, with the discussion threads being oftentimes closed immediately.
Straight outta the Discussion Rules page.

If they try to downgrade it, worst-case scenario, they get banned. End of story.

Wouldn't be better to put the argumenta that explains why we gave him this rating? because it doesn't change anything if we don't explain why he is low 2-C, it just gonna drive people to do more threads about this topic
...the justification is already in his profile

Also, this is a staff thread so please keep the non-staff comments to a minimum. Only comment if you have something important to say.

No, it's not enough, we need proof, scans, and counter arguments.

I am fine with this, but agree about that expanding the rule text a bit would be preferable.
If they try to downgrade it, worst-case scenario, they get banned. End of story.
We don't tend to be nearly that harsh, but the threads can be closed much more easily.

With more specifics regarding the reasons for this rule, as mentioned earlier in this thread. However, I do not remember previous discussions well enough to provide an outline.

With more specifics regarding the reasons for this rule, as mentioned earlier in this thread. However, I do not remember previous discussions well enough to provide an outline.
How about:

Do not create discussion threads trying to change Infinite Zamasu's Low 2-C rating. We have had repetitive and exhaustive discussions on why Infinite Zamasu's feat of becoming the universe is Low 2-C, and not 3-A or 2-C. There is sufficient proof of him merging with time as noted on the profile, and we do not consider the feat to be 2-C because no proof of Zamasu fully merging with more than one universe exists.

I know this staff thread. But let me be honest and rude, making a discussion rule leave a bad taste in my mounth, it is like we try too hard to shutdown people and a lazy, bad attemp to avoid debating and arguing when we can't counter back. It just make us more of a laughing stock to other peoples and communities which show how bad we are when it come to debate despite our wiki is one of the biggest and longest out there..

That isn't the reason though. It is about that people constantly try to either downgrade or upgrade Zamasu, and we have likely had lengthy debates about the issue dozens of times by now. There are many other important new issues for our staff to focus on, and we are hobbyists who do not have limitless time available.

Don't forget to add the "without new evidence/arguments" part, a lot of people talking about a topic in a disorganized manner has its clear limits. I for instance still disagree with Low 2-C for reasons I find incredibly clear but that nobody else brought up, and I lacked the time to keep up with the whole mess to bring it up myself.

Don't forget to add the "without new evidence/arguments" part, a lot of people talking about a topic in a disorganized manner has its clear limits. I for instance still disagree with Low 2-C for reasons I find incredibly clear but that nobody else brought up, and I lacked the time to keep up with the whole mess to bring it up myself.
@AKM sama

I think people forget the fact that he had a timering, just like goku black, hence why he was able to go to the main timeline in the same path in space-time that goku black went

Do not create discussion threads trying to change Infinite Zamasu's Low 2-C rating without new evidence. We have had repetitive and exhaustive discussions on why Infinite Zamasu's feat of becoming the universe is Low 2-C, and not 3-A or 2-C. There is sufficient proof of him merging with time as noted on the profile, and we do not consider the feat to be 2-C because no proof of Zamasu fully merging with more than one universe exists.

I added that part.

I think people forget the fact that he had a timering
He didn't.

I have added the rule: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Discussion_Rules?type=revision&diff=7320480&oldid=7307646

Do not create discussion threads trying to change Infinite Zamasu's Low 2-C rating without new evidence. We have had repetitive and exhaustive discussions on why Infinite Zamasu's feat of becoming the universe is Low 2-C, and not 3-A or 2-C. There is sufficient proof of him merging with time as noted on the profile, and we do not consider the feat to be 2-C because no proof of Zamasu fully merging with more than one universe exists.

I added that part.

He didn't.

I have added the rule: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Discussion_Rules?type=revision&diff=7320480&oldid=7307646
Should this thread be linked into the discussion rule?

I added that part.

He didn't.

except he did, even in his fused form, the timering from fusing became a part of him, hence why he was able to return to main timeline through the same place goku black did.

unknown.png

Should this thread be linked into the discussion rule?
We haven't linked any threads to the pre-existing rules of the same kind as far as I can see, so I guess that is not necessary.

except he did, even in his fused form
He lost it with his body.

If there is nothing else to do we should probably close it.

We haven't linked any threads to the pre-existing rules of the same kind as far as I can see, so I guess that is not necessary.

If there is nothing else to do we should probably close it.
proof he lost it with his body? When it was shown he was going through the same place
Screenshot_2021-11-02-06-54-05.jpg

JUST LIKE GOKU BLACK
23.png

which implies he still has the time ring abilities?
The same path in space-time, which connected the two timelines/space-time continuums?
24.png

It seems like somebody closed this thread, which is probably just as well.

Thank you to everybody who helped out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back