• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite Zamasu affecting space-time

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Stumbled upon this interpretation so I thought I’d get a rebuttal from here

We assume that Infinite Zamasu was fusing with universe’s space-time due to him appearing in the main timeline, but there’s a potential alternative explanation.

When Trunks’ time machine passes through time it leaves a time warp (stated in DBS Ep 50) that allows individuals to create a dark portal and travel to the past. Since Infinite Zamasu’s face noticeably appears out of the same dark portal (with it being compared to the circumstances of Black’s arrival in the timeline, or “it’s like when Goku Black came”), would it be correct to conclude he traveled to the past via a time warp left from the gang’s repeated journeys through time throughout the saga rather than his own power?

image0.jpg

To this day I don't understand the correlation between merging with all of time and reaching out to a different timeline or how the latter somehow proves the former

The Ice cube analogy is extremely arbitrary and doesn't have any relation to this scenario. You can even seep into a different ice mold without completely filling the previous one if the conditions are right(for example through a passage at the bottom of both the molds...which conveniently fits the theme of this thread)

Yeah, if he "spilled into other molds" -- the other being the present B -- he would have a much larger presence. But, he was just a face, conveniently in the same location of the rift in time Trunks accidentally created which leads me to believe that rather than overfilling his own mold -- that of the future -- he simply found a crack between the future and present B and slipped through it.

Then your mold must be different, cuz I never heard of such ice molds.

Mine is generic
We are just talking about hypothetical scenarios here. You brought up a completely arbitrary and unrelated example to use as an analogy and are now applying common sense in context of the same analogy as if it would work for the timeline argument. I am not sure if you are serious. Seriously nothing is stopping me from creating a pipeline at the bottom of two beakers which would allow water to seep into the other one without any need for overflow.

And speaking without any analogies, timelines don't exactly work that way anyway. The temporal axis is different from the 5th axis in which the parallel timelines are embedded. Saying that reaching into the other timeline was caused by some kind of overflow is the same as arguing a point jumping from a line to another was caused by completely encompassing the previous line and overflowing into the next

This was happening before the activated the time machine, and Zamasu didn't have his time ring anymore after Trunks bisected the physical body.
iirc they used the time machine to go fight goku black again then he fused into fusion zamasu. Then trunks slayed him and he became infinite zamasu. Infinite zamasu was able to travel through the distortion in time and space that was made when they used the time machine to get back to trunks timeline. So infinite zamasu Wasnt doing that by himself. He simply traveled through the distortion

Very very interesting indeed. Without this, Zamasu engulfing the entirety of the timeline becomes harder to prove outside Zeno deciding to nuke it, correct?
Yes. And something that I think people should take into account is zeno never even nuked that timeline. That's how goku and the others were able to get back to him with the time machine. A time machine can't go back to a fixated point in time that doesn't exist anymore. All zeno stated was a world like this shouldn't exist. Nowhere did he mention time. Even in dub translation he states he will erase all of existence. So he shouldn't even get a low 2-c rating for this.

Yes. And something that I think people should take into account is zeno never even nuked that timeline. That's how goku and the others were able to get back to him with the time machine. A time machine can't go back to a fixated point in time that doesn't exist anymore. All zeno stated was a world like this shouldn't exist. Nowhere did he mention time. Even in dub translation he states he will erase all of existence. So he shouldn't even get a low 2-c rating for this.
Didn't Zeno thing destroyed the Time Ring, tho?

I completely agree. And before someone says "Well if time is destroyed, how can the return to it" it's fiction, also it could just be that their time travel is....that op.
Yeah, but even disregarding statements, we are outright shown the timeline got completely destroyed through the time ring.

Back