• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discord vs The Ashen One

Honestly, I didn't think Ashen One was anywhere near Discord's level, but looking at his abilities and resistances, I think he may have a chance. Both characters are 4-B, speed equalized. Fighters start 50 Meters apart.

Dissy: 3

Discount Chosen Undead: 0

Discord

Scots_Discord.png

Ashen One

AshenOneRender.png

Is his EE enough to get through type 8?

Plus if the bonfire/darksign works the same way as Sekiro's Buddha statues, he should be able to kill himself and respawn if Transmuted.

AO also has a BIT of Luck, which could potentially play in, but most of the luck I figure is for just finding loot on the ground and isn't actually really combat applicable.

He could also use Vow of Silence, and Ashen one would definitely have an advantage in CQC. I'm unsure how well it would fair against Discord, considering Discord resists PN, but it's strong enough to affect Aldrich/Gwyndolin, Lothric, and Soul of Cinder, among other bosses. Probably Gael too (who resists PN himself), but I can't confirm that one.

AO getting to Discord however, is an issue. I'll lower starting distance to 50 meters.

In MLP your Magical strength comes from how strong you are, and given there are no calcs for Ashen One, just some scaling that puts him into 4-B, I'd say Discord is a great deal stronger than he is, so he should resist Ashen One's abilities. His regen and intangibilty would mean Ashen One can't really hurt him physically either. And given his greater power, he would likely overpower AO's resistances. Discord would just Power Null him and take away his equipment, leaving him unable to fight, and eventually throw him into another dimension or something to get rid of him. Voting Discord.

I would love to see vow of silence work on magic hundreds of times stronger than anything he's ever faced and on magic that can warp the entirety of reality.

In addition: He's not going to kill himself. Unless he has feats of being conscious while a brainless garden gnome, he's not going to use it.

Lightbuster30 said:
I would love to see vow of silence work on magic hundreds of times stronger than anything he's ever faced and on magic that can warp the entirety of reality.
In addition: He's not going to kill himself. Unless he has feats of being conscious while a brainless garden gnome, he's not going to use it.
Yeah, this match probably would've been better if this was High 4-C Discord. TIme for another downgrade? XD

Just curious though, if Ashen One were to cast Power Within or have the Mimic Head equipped, would the innate effect of harming the user still work? I'd assume not for the Mimic Head, but a case could be made for Power Within. If he does cast Power WIthin before the fight, then he will slowly die and come back. (Assuming Discord just transmutes him)

In Dark Souls 2 of you get petrified you get immediately sent back to the bonefire. Yet the game makes it clear as possible that people that are petrified didn't die as you can use a branch to cure the petrification and those characters comment on how they knew they were petrified and how they were still alive the whole time. So incapacitation through Transmutation may not work. Granted the Chosen Undead can't kill Discord and I'm pretty sure he has other ways to win. However BFR probably won't work either since the Chosen Undead can travel through time and a place that was removed from the rest of the universe with the dark sign and possibly bone fires depending on where rested last (bonefires can be teleported to if they are destroyed (Manus DLC and the last Dark souls 3 DLC for time travel since you either go to the past or the end of time and the Dark Souls 2 Iron King DLC, Champion Grundy boss area, and red eye orbs for the dimensional travel stuff)).

I still think Discord wins but I doubt it'll be through transmutation.

Not sure if game mechanic since other undead don't reappear at a Bonfire. Even still, Discord has other ways to win. He can mind hax and if he gets angry enough, he'll send the guy to another dimension. Though since Discord can nullify powers, he might be able to negate the curse. His chaos was once able to negate a curse because his chaos removed the logic behind it.

I feel like this maybe a stomp since Discord can mindhax the Ashen One while the Ashen One can't kill him. I just think Discord doesn't win due to snap gg and instead has to use some of his other abilities.

I mean, like I said, he still might be able to just reality warp the curse away by removing the logic behind it. I beleive I recall people trying and failing to remove the curse, but I don't think they've ever tried outright reality warping it.

He doesn't have one this is a stomp. Probably a pretty slow one depending on how you view it but it's still a stomp none the less.

Back