• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dimentio CRT: Let the greatest magic show begin!

The reason as to why I think Dimentio should be a possibly Low 2-C is mostly due to the hints of him being the writer. The same book Bleck used to destroy his own universe. As well as DDM saying that it's also been implied Dimentio survived the destruction. His "higher" rating does come from what I said. It's only a possibly because you know...he podsibly made it. I'm fine with not adding the fate manipulation.

The reason why it's immortality type 8 is due to Bleck stating that Dimentio is still under control of the Chaos Heart. Which qualifies for type 8, since Dimentio did die, but due to leaving some of his power before his death of to the Chaos Heart, he's able to control it. In order to completely stop him, The Chaos Heart must be destroyed as well.

@DatOfWeeb That's enough to qualify for the higher rating but not the Low 2-C since while it's a possibility, the indications aren't strong enough. He could of have escape via teleport, dimensional travel, or hiding in a dimension he created, after all.

That's not how Type 8 Immortality works. It is when the character incapable of dying as long something exists. Now if he can't die because of the Chaos Heart, that actually makes him qualify for the ability. But that's not the case, he used his remaining powers to make the Chaos Heart destroy all realms before he dies. In short, the ending is really just stopping the Chaos Heart, not him.

That...makes no sense. If Dimentio is likely higher due to potentially being the writer from the Dark Prognosticus...it should be changed to Low 2-C. This is because the book itself has Low 2-C power, so we are aware of how powerful it is. There's no need to put "higher" only when we specifically know its capabilities. It doesn't make sense that we're making him only possibly higher when he's scalling from something that's Low 2-C.

Then we can just change it to type 6. "The character is able to attain a sort of immortality by abandoning bodies whenever necessary to transfer their consciousness to another body, whether they are possessing someone else or switching to a backup body." Basically this works for Dimentio since characters with type 6 still die, they just transfer their life force. While Dimentio is controlling a body, he's controlling an object. But it should be limited type 6 instead of just straight up type 6 as he can only do it to the Chaos Heart.

Not sure on type 5 Immo. Just destorying afterlifes and what-not doesn't mean he doesn't have a life-death thingy. But then again, he isn't bound by it for destroying it, so he could have it. Again, not sure

Also, can we discuss Infinite Speed for Super Dimentio?

Timeless Void standards are getting axed by the looks of it, so Infinite speed should be dropped at least until that gets taken care of.

@DatOfWeeb

Fine then but provide scans and a detail explaination for it since people will undoubtly question it's legitmacy due to the fact it's not common knowledge in the wiki. Ask for Immortality, it's not Type 5 either. Dimentio is not possessing the Chaos Heart nor is he transferring his soul/mind into it. Again, he just used his dying breath into triggering the destruction of mutiple worlds.

I think Super Dimentio would have type 2 honestly. He's not able to return indefinitely like type 8 would suggest, but he was still concious after being reduced to just his head, and then the whole 'leaving a shadow of his power to control the chaos heart' thing. Maybe superfluous with Type 5, but that seems to be based on assumptions and would only be a "Possibly" anyway.

@Medeus

Yes. Somebody really needs to take care of rewriting the Timeless Voids Standards page soon.

@All

So what are the conclusions here, and which pages should I unlock?

Dino has really specified what he was fine with. But it sounds like he's against Immortality Type 5 or 8, but Gyro seems to accept Type 2 based on being able to survive when his head is still there + resistance to EE. Though, I think he might be okay with limited Type 6 Immortality and possibly Low 2-C if specific scans are provided.

I have unlocked them, let me know when you're done. Or if not finished within 30 minutes from this post, another Content Mod or above is going to need to take care of locking them back.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Though, I think he might be okay with limited Type 6 Immortality and possibly Low 2-C if specific scans are provided.
If this is referring to me, I'm against type 6 immortality and in favour of a possibly Low 2-C. But yeah specific scans would be needed.

Wait a goddamn second, before y'all close this

First of all Resistance to Void Manip is no. We don't give resistances to reality-warping beings or anything similar for surviving shit they triggered themselves. It's relatively common sense that they wouldn't target themselves using this. That's unless it's an indirect trigger that just goes boom, but that's clearly not the case, as it'd put into question the validity of Super Dimentio being all around 2-B.

Secondly add your goddamn reasoning. Dimentio's page has one explained power. That's unacceptable, especially with no Notable Attacks/Techniques section.

That's not always true. He has the source for the Void, yes, but he was specifically going to survive it since that's his main way to destroy everything. Unless Dimentio hides in Dimension D, he would be able to survive it when taking his durability into account. However, we might also be able to give him a resistance in his base. He's able to go inside of the Void after the destruction of world 6.

Going inside a Timeless void that's already erased isn't resistance to erasure. A realm getting hakai'd by someone or something else and you tanking it could be however.

Back