• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Q&A Thread 02

Not that we know, especially after the importance of ENIAC has been virtually erased from the franchise as a consequence of no one else from Bandai remembering the events of these games (If anyone from Bandai tried to rescue this nowadays, they would most likely just say that ENIAC and ABC were security systems like Homeostasis or the "Rosemon" from Digital Card Battle, which basically was what they were at the end of the original game).

Executor N0 said:
Not that we know, especially after the importance of ENIAC has been virtually erased from the franchise as a consequence of no one else from Bandai remembering the events of these games (If anyone from Bandai tried to rescue this nowadays, they would most likely just say that ENIAC and ABC were security systems like Homeostasis or the "Rosemon" from Digital Card Battle, which basically was what they were at the end of the original game).
Wow, i didn't know that Rosemon was also a sercurity system, how strong Rosemon from digital card battle is? Can she compare to Homeostatis

@ZwartD It was simply an Security System that used Rosemon as an Avatar. We didn't know very much about how powerfull she was, but she showed more hax than anything else.

@HenryWong122 Could be, I don't know if things like that normally are put in the Ap section, but if this is the case, then of course.

I'll add it to the next ability update. Which I will post either today or tomorrow.

@Henry

Could you post any missing skills for Digimon on my wall?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I'll add it to the next ability update. Which I will post either today or tomorrow.
@Henry

Could you post any missing skills for Digimon on my wall?
That's going to take a wHy-eel.

ZwartD said:
Can we consider each zone in the xros war manga is a separated Digital world?
No. Each zone is just 1/108th of the Digital World. That would be like taking an apple and cutting it into 4 pieces and counting each piece as separate apple.

Quartzmon used to have a page on this wiki right? Why its got deleted? And what tier would Quartzmon get if i had a page on this wiki again?

ZwartD said:
Quartzmon used to have a page on this wiki right? Why its got deleted? And what tier would Quartzmon get if i had a page on this wiki again?
I was thinking the same about Kimeramon.

No idea for what happened to Chimairamon/Kimeramon, I believe that it was deleted because of some revisions about Millenniumon, and the plan was to revise and maybe recreate all the pages related to Millenniumon, but this was forgotten (Just like Bandai forgot about Millenniumon story from the wonderswan games lol)

About Quartzmon, I believe that he was deleted in some of the old revisions, since his profile wasn't very good, and nobody planed to do something about that. I would like to recreate the profile, I have the scans and gifs, but I'm already busy with a lot of other revisions and blogs (I have the intent to start the new blog today)

Executor N0 said:
No idea for what happened to Chimairamon/Kimeramon, I believe that it was deleted because of some revisions about Millenniumon, and the plan was to revise and maybe recreate all the pages related to Millenniumon, but this was forgotten (Just like Bandai forgot about Millenniumon story from the wonderswan games lol)

About Quartzmon, I believe that he was deleted in some of the old revisions, since his profile wasn't very good, and nobody planed to do something about that. I would like to recreate the profile, I have the scans and gifs, but I'm already busy with a lot of other revisions and blogs (I have the intent to start the new blog today)
We should create a profile for Dexmon as well

The simplest answer to this is, there is no direct relationship. But I will take this opportunity to better explain the concept of Servers and how it has evolved through the series.

Originally there was no explanation for contradictory Digimon stories existing simultaneously in the same world, it all started with the V-Pets and the anime, manga and games were expanding that world. When there was an opportunity for a crossover between anime and manga, between V-Tamer and Adventure 02, the creators of the manga began by explaining that each of these works takes place in a parallel universe. And that was the most basic explanation used since then.

When Konaka began to establish what the Digital World in Tamers would look like, he established that the Digital World would be a multi-layer world with worlds in each of these layers. In this way we would have a single digital world, but with many worlds within it.

During this time the games also decided to work with this kind of concept, as in Digimon World 3 where the "Digital World" was seen as an online game that was divided between 4 servers, each being a parallel world to each other. Digimon World X then worked on this concept again, establishing at least 16 named servers, and introducing the notion that when a player is communicating with another he would actually be communicating with another server.

During the Digimon Story period the concept of Server was again approached, and basically it was in this series where the concept was most worked on. Where it is established that the Digital World would be composed of these Servers, as separate worlds that exist within the entirety of the Digital World.

It was close to this period, during the time of Battle Terminal 02 and Digimon Twin, that this concept was approached most directly in the V-Pets lore by referring to the notion of a multi-layered Digital World composed of several Servers, with the Training Boxes being examples of these Servers that would be accessible through a given Address (Same concept as Story).

In Digimon Story Sunburst/Moonlight we took a more direct approach to how this works to explain the multiple works of the franchise, with the events of Digimon Next and Digimon Savers being referred to as "Other Servers." This was again used later in Lost Evolution being this game which had the most complete explanation of what would be the servers. And as expected, this continues to be referenced to this day in Cyber Sleuth.

In other media the concept of Servers is also mentioned, but in a much more general way. For example, on Digimon's website it just says "The Digital World is managed in multiple servers" and in the 15th anniversary Digivice storyline it is said that Yggdrasil's Digital World and Iliad Digital World are different servers. In fact, Sunburst/Moonlight says that the events of the game occurs in an single Server, and the events of Next and Savers occurs in "Other Digital Worlds".

So technically Digital World can be used to refer to both servers as something isolated, but also the world that consists of all these servers. It is technically a simple way to explain why events of some are referred to as occurring in "different digital worlds" and also as being "the same digital world", basically at one time they were referring to just servers, while in the next to the world as a whole (Technically, it's another retcon on the Digital World concept to try to make the franchise more coherent).

Anyway, the concept has been much more established since Lost Evolution and we basically have:

Servers: Isolated Worlds within a Larger World

Network: The set of all these interconnected servers (Yggdrasil's Network, EDEN Network, etc)

Other products still use more generic concepts.

For this reason, because the concept of Zones was basically approached more directly in the manga and anime, it is not as if the planning team of these two media had in mind the notion of Servers that was being addressed in the games. Remember that the concept was better established in Lost Evolution, and by the time of Xros Wars conceptualization, most likely Lost Evolution was already being developed as something separate, so the concepts did not have a time to relate.

Only in Digimon Story Super Xros Wars we could see these two concepts being worked together, but as the game was never fully translated, we do not know exactly how Habu tried to explain both of them.

Possibly it has an explanation, since SXW continues the trend of other games to have old characters being referred to as being from other servers, along with an explanation of what these servers are. But it's the problem that we don't have a translation of the game to know how these two things relate to each other.

Executor N0 said:
The simplest answer to this is, there is no direct relationship. But I will take this opportunity to better explain the concept of Servers and how it has evolved through the series.

Originally there was no explanation for contradictory Digimon stories existing simultaneously in the same world, it all started with the V-Pets and the anime, manga and games were expanding that world. When there was an opportunity for a crossover between anime and manga, between V-Tamer and Adventure 02, the creators of the manga began by explaining that each of these works takes place in a parallel universe. And that was the most basic explanation used since then.

When Konaka began to establish what the Digital World in Tamers would look like, he established that the Digital World would be a multi-layer world with worlds in each of these layers. In this way we would have a single digital world, but with many worlds within it.

During this time the games also decided to work with this kind of concept, as in Digimon World 3 where the "Digital World" was seen as an online game that was divided between 4 servers, each being a parallel world to each other. Digimon World X then worked on this concept again, establishing at least 16 named servers, and introducing the notion that when a player is communicating with another he would actually be communicating with another server.

During the Digimon Story period the concept of Server was again approached, and basically it was in this series where the concept was most worked on. Where it is established that the Digital World would be composed of these Servers, as separate worlds that exist within the entirety of the Digital World.

It was close to this period, during the time of Battle Terminal 02 and Digimon Twin, that this concept was approached most directly in the V-Pets lore by referring to the notion of a multi-layered Digital World composed of several Servers, with the Training Boxes being examples of these Servers that would be accessible through a given Address (Same concept as Story).

In Digimon Story Sunburst/Moonlight we took a more direct approach to how this works to explain the multiple works of the franchise, with the events of Digimon Next and Digimon Savers being referred to as "Other Servers." This was again used later in Lost Evolution being this game which had the most complete explanation of what would be the servers. And as expected, this continues to be referenced to this day in Cyber Sleuth.

In other media the concept of Servers is also mentioned, but in a much more general way. For example, on Digimon's website it just says "The Digital World is managed in multiple servers" and in the 15th anniversary Digivice storyline it is said that Yggdrasil's Digital World and Iliad Digital World are different servers. In fact, Sunburst/Moonlight says that the events of the game occurs in an single Server, and the events of Next and Savers occurs in "Other Digital Worlds".

So technically Digital World can be used to refer to both servers as something isolated, but also the world that consists of all these servers. It is technically a simple way to explain why events of some are referred to as occurring in "different digital worlds" and also as being "the same digital world", basically at one time they were referring to just servers, while in the next to the world as a whole (Technically, it's another retcon on the Digital World concept to try to make the franchise more coherent).

Anyway, the concept has been much more established since Lost Evolution and we basically have:

Servers: Isolated Worlds within a Larger World

Network: The set of all these interconnected servers (Yggdrasil's Network, EDEN Network, etc)

Other products still use more generic concepts.

For this reason, because the concept of Zones was basically approached more directly in the manga and anime, it is not as if the planning team of these two media had in mind the notion of Servers that was being addressed in the games. Remember that the concept was better established in Lost Evolution, and by the time of Xros Wars conceptualization, most likely Lost Evolution was already being developed as something separate, so the concepts did not have a time to relate.

Only in Digimon Story Super Xros Wars we could see these two concepts being worked together, but as the game was never fully translated, we do not know exactly how Habu tried to explain both of them.

Possibly it has an explanation, since SXW continues the trend of other games to have old characters being referred to as being from other servers, along with an explanation of what these servers are. But it's the problem that we don't have a translation of the game to know how these two things relate to each other.
Thank for the informations, i made a vs debating thread about digimon in my Facebook death battle group a week ago and i had a debate with a guy, he said that an entire dawn dusk multiverse was nothing compared to SXW because they are just a single zone I wonder if this is true or not

Since the concept of Zones simply did not exist at that time, there is no way to say that. Zones is something specific from the time when the Digital World collapsed into 108 fragments governed by the 108 Code Crow fragments.

If he were referring to a single server, that is not true either. Although I admit this may be my fault, since I once said that Grimmon was only threatening a single Server.

What really happened is that Grimmon said "I'm going to erase your existence from the Digital World, and soon all humans and digimon on this server too", although he only referred to a single Server, doesn't mean he was just influencing a single one.

Earlier Julie specified that weird events were happening on multiple servers, so we already have this proof.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Who?

What are his feats?
It's the final villain of Digimon World X/4. I see it as Prototype Craniunmon lol

Never finished the game to be sure about its power level

In the xros war manga, it was stated that Arkadimon once overwhelmed the military forces belonging to the god's realm. So the god realm and its military forces that were mentioned in this manga are probably yggdrasil and its army(3 Great Angels) right?

Not Yggdrasil because Yggdrasil was sealed on Infinity Mountain after the Savers events and parallel to it. Yggdrasil stayed away until the end of Digimon Crusader only returning in DIgimon World Re:Digitize Decode when Yggdrasil realized that Homeostasis was unable to do anything against Vitium and decided to return to his position as Host Computer and release X-Program once again.

Anyway, Homeostasis became God trying to learn from Yggdrasil's mistakes, so basically we have Homeostasis assuming the same position as Yggdrasil. And as we saw that Bagramon, when he was an archangel, served Homeostasis and the Royal Knights also served Homeostasis, claiming that this was the entity they called "God."

So we can assume that yes, the army that Arkadimon attacked would be the same as Yggdrasil's (Angels, Royal Knights, perhaps D-Brigade and others) only under Homeostasis control.

Is there any relation between the super dimensional space- time in xros war and the Eater's ultradimensions ?

I want to ask some questions about the Infinity Moutain in Decode game. From what i heard, the Infinity Mountain in Decode is a 24 dimensional-reality and it exists above the Normal Digital World, so what is the Normal Digital World? And since it is still exists within the digital world, so perhaps the digital world in decode contains the Infinity Mountain which is exist above (another) Normal Digital World ? Btw, are there any major feats in Decode? I heard that Lucemon in Decode was capable of destroying "all worlds" and so on Edit: one more question, how strong is Taiga's Wargreymon?

@GohanoXD No, and maybe we'll have to change the rating after the new rules for temperature/environmental damage feats that are being discussed right now.

The Tier 7/6 feats for adults are: Yukidarumon creating an snowstorm, Seadramon creating an Storm, Meramon drying the Middle East, Meramon vaporizing an lake on a mountain, Wizarmon creating an storm, Minotauromon causing large earthquakes (ÕñºÕ£░Ú£ç that is magnitude 8 or large), Whamon creating earthquakes that leads to gigantic tsunamis (ÕÀ¿ÕñºÒü¬µ┤ѵ│ó, so it's also magnitude 8 or large), XV-mon pulverizing mountains with kicks, Devimon's Black Gears destroying File Island, Ginkakumon trowing enemies with enough power to shake a mountain and Airdramon creating storms with enough force to destroy File Island.

Maybe there are more things like this. Howerver, they wouldn't be as high as the three feats from Adventure, so they were used only as support material.

This may change with the new rules.

@ZwartD It's more complex than that. The Infinity Mountain we know in Decode is the original, unlike the one initially presented in Re: Digitize that was manipulated by the GIGO Company to link the Real World and the Digital World.

It has apparently been sealed and is accessible only through a Memorial Stela, and this is where Yggdrasil has been resting since Homeostasis took over as Host Computer.

However Yggdrasil has been reactivated after identifying Vitium as a threat, and apparently Yggdrasil is being affected by "something" that is preventing her from maintaining the order of the Digital World, something that causes "noise" in her voice.

During the finale it seems that Yggdrasil identifies humans as a threat, but Alphamon helps Taiga to being a new era of the Digital World alongside humans. Possibly what was affecting Yggdrasil would be the Eaters featured in CS and so this would be why Yggdrasil would not have returned even with all the threats that were occurring (such as XW, Crusader, etc.), the Eaters were preventing Yggdrasil from acting. It's just a theory, but it's possible because by the end of Decode we saw that Mirei was moving into CS reality to prevent another threat, so Habu has already thought of something to do after Decode.

In any case, the Infinite Mountain is presented as having "multiple dimensions" within it, or that it is an access to those dimensions. Since Yggdrasil resides at the top of Infinity Mountain and we have had descriptions of places that are "close to God" in Decode it may be an access to the Kernel or higher worlds. General descriptions of Infinity Mountain may exist in the game, but besides knowing that each floor is a different dimension, we don't know much about it (And technically, this is a description that even there is in Next 0rder about the Infinite Cauldron, but nothing very specific).

About "24 dimensional reality", this is something that is taken out of context (At least as far as we know). On Infinity Mountain it's possible to found "dimensional fruits" that can be consumed by the Digimon. They can be 3, 6, 12 and 24 dimensional fruits (Interestingly, the kanji used to refer to items can be translated as either "fruit" or "reality", which can cause some confusion).

As there is no context to understand what is going on in the game, we can only speculate on whether or not there is a relation between the two things (The Infinity Mountain dimensions and the Dimensional fruits). It's possible, but we need to wait for translations.

Feat-wise, Vitium was able to control all the data that's in the Digital World (Directly controlling the Memorials Stella) and by what Mirei says at the being of the game (And the end of the prequel manga), it's an danger that can "return everything to the void". And that's this Lucemon SM feat, he acted just like Suedo (And Kernel, and Bagramon, and a lot of other Digimon villains) saying that the worlds are full of sadness and so he'll destroy everything to end all the sadness.

Taiga could fight Vitium, the SGDL, the Royal Knights, some Yggdrasil terminals and things like that, although many times Taiga got outside help. Anyway, the game is still in the process of being translated by Op. Decoded, so I'd rather wait for the game to be translated (Which is getting closer to the end) before really talking about the power level of that game.

I know that Adventure and Tamer exist in the same multiverse and they have the same gods(4 Holy Beast) that rule their multiverse as well, but from what i heard there is a difference between the 4 Holy Beast from the Adventure anime and the 4 holy beast from Tamer anime Can you clear this to me?

It's a bit more complicated than that, because the notion of multiverse and the connection between the works on this franchise was not very well established, so there are several problems with analyzing the connection between works, especially when it has been completely redefined in most recent games.

But basically the difference is conceptual, that is, the concepts in the creation of Adventure and Tamers were different.

Adventure starts from the notion that the Digimon have always existed and been behind the existence of humans through myths. The reason the Four Holy Beasts resemble the four divine animals that protect Kyoto is because the Four Holy Beasts were in fact those animals, who protected the balance of the worlds since always and simply manifested themselves in different ways across the ages.

Tamers on the other hand are from the same origin as the V-Pets, the Digimon were created as A.I viruses by humans and they evolved using the culture of humans, so they resembled mythological beings, the digimon gods were evolving to resemble the same deities that humans once worshiped in the past.

That is, in Adventure as Four Holy Beasts were the very deities that once humans worshiped in the past, they have only been forgotten over time and now manifest themselves as "digital beings", whereas in Tamers the Four Holy Beasts are simply advanced A.I that evolved using human deities as a basis, and so there would be a resemblance.

As I explained earlier, the intention seems to be that each Appmon Grade is located between two levels (or simply above the previous level standerd) of the Digimon.

But in feats, they do not compare very well. Up to the Adults and Super they are very similar, as both have mountain/island level feats, but the Kiwami Appon has almost no feat compared to the planetary/stellar level of the Perfect levels, the closest thing if Cometmon controlling planets to create meteors, but we know nothing about how this is done.

God Appmon are basically featless, they were very hyped on their official profiles, but nor the TV show or the manga showed anything very new.

There maybe some Tier 4 or even Tier 2 feats depending on the interpretation, and if the hype is true, the 3ds game has timeline rebooting feats for Rebootmon, so the Gods could be universe/multiverse, but nobody translated the game in full, so it's in the same limbo as most of the Japanese only video games, and nearly all that we can do is wait until someone translates the game.

anyone ever tried for calculating MetalEtemon's black hole absorbing feat? because it can be either multi galaxy (due to being a black hole) or multi solar system level

That feat will likely not be used any longer seeing as that is probably a 1-C feat as he absorbed Apocalymon's Black hole and not some random one.

Black Hole feats, just like a lot of Reality Warping and Creation feats, can't be really calculated. By our "black holes standards" the feat would be Multi Solar System level, by our Celestial Body feats standers, galaxy-size things moving at ftl speed are putted simply as Galaxy level feats

@Dragonmasterxyz Technically, being created by a 1-C being does not make the black hole 1-C. The black hole was a distortion caused by Apocalymon who by the descriptions was swallowing everything and was the size of a galaxy, but nothing really said that it could be 1-C (Unless you greatly exaggerate the descriptions given by Nanomon).

Back