• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Didact upgrade.

The Composer was recently calc'd at Low 7-B/3 Megatons (Low-End).

Since Didact can survive the Composer's beam and fight enemies who can damage him this would mean he would scale.

My proposal: At least Small City level+ (Can survive the ouput of two Composers and damage enemies of this level of durability) likely City level (Was confident on surviving 5 Composers firing at him, Master Chief said that he could destroy the UNSC Infinity).

Since I lack the Tenth issue of Escalation his City level feat would only be the Chief's statement

Yeah, in the Escalation comic, it took like 5 or 6 to kill him. Meani9ng he could probably take 3 or 4 no problem. Plus, Master Chief's own statement. I agree with the upgrade

KarmodF. Don't forget, the Didact is alos gonna get a 6-A key via the War Sphinx. Though that may change, since DDM is gonna have a shot at calcing the feat from the novel.

Yeah, a solid 7-B rating seems fine. Even if lowend is use, taking hits from 3 or more Composers at once is still City level

Are we all in Favor of the Didact getting a key for the War Sphinx?

Speaking of, what kin d of result would you expect to get the upcoming calc DDM?

Not entirely certain what result, but I prefer to have something to make a direct quote directly from the book to provide evidence. Though, I'd believe it would be in the 6-A to High 6-A range. 6-A is what War Sphinx is currently rated now, but I'll get to the calc when I can.

Master Chief said that he could destroy the UNSC Infinity

Through what means can he do this? He's destroyed big ships before but with the aid of stuff like this

Other than that looks fine.

Yeah, I agree with Flo on that, the Composer calc still seems better than the Havok Nuke that Didact didn't really take a direct hit from. Would scale to other Forerunner leaders, but yeah, Everlasting is still working on the Locked Halo Civilizations profiles.

I have no problems with this, though you should take what Flo said into account.

Fllflourine said:
Master Chief said that he could destroy the UNSC Infinity

Through what means can he do this? He's destroyed big ships before but with the aid of stuff like this

Other than that looks fine.
For the record I am refering to the Didact, because it kinda looks like I ment Chief can blow up the UNSC.

It was mention that The Didact can blow up the Infinity, Cortana confirms it in the mission Infinity from Halo 4, the Infinity's durability is City level and Town level+ for shields and un-shielded, meaning that blowing it up would yield around the 30 Megaton mark or so, Didact surviving the 5 Composers would yield around 15 Megatons, wich is quite consistant.

The Forerunners' ships and Ancient Humanity's ships were around the High 6-A mark with shielding, meaning that their bombs (Wich I dont remember them using any) would yield crazy results, so even with that he would not scale.

O, so Ur-Didact can destroy the UNSC Infinity, but with what attack? Shielded or not shielded?

Fllflourine said:
O, so Ur-Didact can destroy the UNSC Infinity, but with what attack? Shielded or not shielded?
The profile is outdated, it is City level durability overall since he rammed against a Covenant ship that survived HAVOK nukes and destroy it, but at the time the Infinity was active with last resource energy so could be both or un-shielded, he could destroy it with sheer strenght like punching it or just sending massive shockwaves like he did against Blue Team, but bigger obviously.

@Gaygoyle One

Its on VersusJunkie's profile, the last blog actually, I would comment on a Mod to remove the "Halo." part since that makes the blog's link break.

EDIT: He still has the calc. to support the feat, so it would be more like a supporting only feat.

The first link is fine, but the 2nd one the broken one; the word calc'd is the one that works, but a Content Mod or above would need to removed the "." in the title.

Also, the Infinity's physical durability comes from the Magnetic Accelerator Canno's 2nd key, but I suppose it can just have City level durability regularly. However, Didact destroying the Composer isn't specified on how; could be Mantle's Approach for all we know. However, scaling from the 3 Composers simultaneously seems alright; that would be 9 Megatons since ZanyBrainy accepted the low end more, which Spinosaurus agreed was slightly better.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
However, Didact destroying the Infinity isn't specified on how; could be Mantle's Approach for all we know. However, scaling from the 3 Composers simultaneously seems alright; that would be 9 Megatons since ZanyBrainy accepted the low end more, which Spinosaurus agreed was slightly better.
At that time the Mantle wasnt even recovered, nobody knew that he was going to get it back until the 2 next misions, so it was likely that they ment just physical might.

All of the results are based off the Low-End thats why Low 7-B+, since its the 3 Megatons x2 since he said he could survive three but to be safe its better to use the two since it wasnt very specified in Halo Legends.

I would check the scaling because afaik it should scale from the HAVOK's AP.

Still, even with physical might, it's not specified time frame, meaning it could just be piece by piece. Also, actually I noticed the durability of those Covenant ships refers to their Shielding as opposed to plating. Meaning ramming attacks might not be legit.

The Infinity has Town+ dura without shields and City dura with shields. So I'm not sure if we could use this as a justification. Since the equivalent of 18.48 megatons(6 Composers) is what killed him. Master Chief said that while the Didact was in his Cryptum.

So prehaps higher in his Cryptum?

I trsut DDM more with this, but I'm going to attempt a very rough calc on the War-Sphinx's feat.

Using Oceanic crust thickness and a landmass the size of Australia, and a 4000Km height that would be needed for a crustal mass like that to spin around and not touch the atmosphere or surface, and a 10 second timeframe, I got somewhere in 5-C, I must've done something wrong.

Even with a One minute time-frame, I still got somewhere in low 5-C or High end High 6-A.

As I said, I still trust DDM more with this than myself.

If you make it fast, you could do 8-A Didact against 8-A Ultron if you wish? I'm not sure how much longer it'll take for this to go through

It is true that using consecutive hits is not how it works, but iirc, multiple attacks that strikes at the same time is sometimes accepted. Oh know doing the opposite is alright; if it took 10 bombs simultaneously to perform 30 Megaton feat, then 3 megatons per bomb is accepted as a reasonable lowball or something along those lines. But not 100% certain about the other. I suppose at least Small City level+, possibly City level seems good then.

As for the War Sphinx calc, Australia's landmass and the 10 second timeframe is reasonable, but Torque feats or rotation kinetic energy doesn't use the same formula as like launching kinetic energy. Not sure if we have a Torque or rotation formula on the site, but I recall FanofRPGs mentioning on his wall a while back. I could look for the formula there. Does anyone know the mass of Australia in kilograms? Just asking.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
It is true that using consecutive hits is not how it works, but iirc, multiple attacks that strikes at the same time is sometimes accepted. Oh know doing the opposite is alright; if it took 10 bombs simultaneously to perform 30 Megaton feat, then 3 megatons per bomb is accepted as a reasonable lowball or something along those lines. But not 100% certain about the other. I suppose at least Small City level+, possibly City level seems good then.
As for the War Sphinx calc, Australia's landmass and the 10 second timeframe is reasonable, but Torque feats or rotation kinetic energy doesn't use the same formula as like launching kinetic energy. Not sure if we have a Torque or rotation formula on the site, but I recall FanofRPGs mentioning on his wall a while back. I could look for the formula there. Does anyone know the mass of Australia in kilograms? Just asking.
This also works. Would the possibly 7-B be baseline?

Just find the volume then mass from there.

Continental crust is usually 40 Km thick, and continental cruast is usually 2900kg per cubic meter. Australia is 3914 kilometers at its longest, and 3134 km at its widest.

Eh, I'll give it right here.

This equates to 4.9065904e+17 cubic meters, witch is 1.422911216e21 Kg. This seems about right, I really did make a mistake on my previous calc attempt.

Doesn't quite have to be baseline, 9 Megatons seems alright IMO for the possibly 7-B

And that looks good then, I'll get that calc'd at some point. Though, I would still like to see the direct quote from the book in which the War Sphinx did that.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Doesn't quite have to be baseline, 9 Megatons seems alright IMO for the possibly 7-B
And that looks good then, I'll get that calc'd at some point. Though, I would still like to see the direct quote from the book in which the War Sphinx did that.
I mean... it's already on its page. But it doesn't give much more info than lifting up chunks of the crust, spinning them around then dropping them onto the enemy. But Continents were mentioned, so they're probably involved.

I suppose we can go ahead and make the changes, since 3 staff members myself included approve this.

Not yet, we still need to talk about the War Sphinx stats like speed, abilities, lifting strength, etc once that calc comes out

Back