• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Diavolo is Giorno, Giorno is Diavolo

Also, about HA DIO's resistance to causality manipulation...

DIO wasn't resisting anything from GER. DIO wasn't affected by GER's ability because TWOH overwrote it via its fist.

GER has multiple ways of applying its ability; through surface contact and through the target being in its mere attention. Giorno confirmed that he only used the latter.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Also, about HA DIO's resistance to causality manipulation...
DIO wasn't resisting anything from GER. DIO wasn't affected by GER's ability because TWOH overwrote it via its fist.

GER has multiple ways of applying its ability; through surface contact and through the target being in its mere attention. Giorno confirmed that he only used the latter.
^I agree with this.

Bump. Diavolo has a small list of weird things he can do.

• Enhanced Senses: Detected Risotto and Pol spying on him meters away, from behind, and whle being Doppio. Could tell that Bruno was a corpse (not very impressive, but still remarked as illogic by Doppio due to Bruno being able to move and "see")
  • Extrasensory Perception: Could sense her daughter still being alive, and knew that he and her had a similar scent of their souls.
  • Limited Soul Manipulation and Resistance to it: Gave Doppio the scent of his soul. When SCR soul-switched everything Diavolo's soul just decided to move into another body.
  • BS Intelligence feats to add in that stat: Could discover that Bruno only sees the souls of others with little info about it. Could discover how SCR's weakness works by pretty much making up rules about it.

Do we use anime feats as well? Diavolo showed aura and possibly limited fear manipulation in the new episode. Polnareff stated he could feel Diavolo's intense murderous intent and said something like a thousand needles pricking his skin or something like that, kind of like Nen.

Yeah, at the same time his delusions of being immortal and his narcissism should be added as a weakness.

He should also have the Stand Arrow under Optional Equipment... And Pucci a gun.

Is merely having a glow surrounding you enough to be called an aura? I thought that it has to do something other than just glow in pretty colours. DBZ characters don't get it even though their glows have some purpose.

You don't have yo use your own aura into combat to have said ability. You just have to have an aura that is perceivable by others.

But simply being surrounded by glowing energy isn't enough to get said power AFAIK.

So, about Pol.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I'm making him a new key for his turtle self the saturday or sunday.

I'm also removing DIO's quote as discussed before and replacing King Crimson's pic with the old one, completely aside that I personally don't like his design, the manga version should be the one showed and the old one was doing just that, as well as actually showing Epitaph.

Ah yeah.. Or maybe he just jumped and then the perception of time went crazy as usual in JoJo. I'm not 100% against that tho, let's see what others think.

Speaking of Dio's quote, I think Part 3 Jotaro's quote should also be replaced with somthing shorter and more iconic like "yare yare daze" or "you pissed me off" or something like that.

Standuser081 said:
Speaking of Dio's quote, I think Part 3 Jotaro's quote should also be replaced with somthing shorter and more iconic like "yare yare daze" or "you pissed me off" or something like that.
I think the current quote is gr8. Maybe add "Yare Yare Daze" as Jotaro's catchphrase.

Just like with Diavolo, Jotaro's quote should be something from an outside source, this being the initial exchange of words he has with DIO in All-Star Battle, Eyes of Heaven and Force Jump.

Because DIO starts rambling about unimportant stuff in the manga and only that very specific exchange of words is the one memorable.

That's some made up nonsense people say to justify GER being able to move within erased time, which is something completely different.

Whoever said that, it may as well be people who apply in-universe rules of a verse to all verses, believe hyperboles, use convoluted & misleading examples to explain abilities, and do other unprofessionals things.

Did GER even actually move within erased time? the anime made it only look like it just activated its ability and spoke there.

Diavolo explicitly states that GER was moving.

"How is that possible?! Only I, Diavolo, should be able to move in erased time" or something like that.

I believe that when he's saying that, he's referring to everything except for GER because of the Zero-Reset.

Not the case, as he sees it GER too was "unable to move", in the sense that everyone had to still do the moves they were going to do. He also said that right before GER moved.

Still, in the thread linked in the OP I gave reasons for GER to be downgraded. That's just waiting its time, like the stuff in this thread, like Heaven DIO being downgraded, and like the Stands in part 7 & 8 being downgraded.

Also, Diavolo seemed very aware of time getting reset, unlike everyone else. Wouldn't this count as a limited resistance?

@Efi

There's still GER talking and standing up and activating 0 reset.

@DMB1

That's because everyone wasn't "conscious" because they were in Time erasure

I mean, being able to remember what happened after Time is reset is something. Mista and Trish not seeing that, I guess it's because the whole thing was happening in erased time...?

Yeah, everyone except Diavolo didn't perceive the 0 reset as it happened in time erasure. Also, you cannot rewind time in a place without it. GER was only rewinding the actions that happened in erased time.

So, let's clarify something;

• 1) Diavolo erased time
  • 2) Diavolo moved "for some time" in the erased time
  • 3) GER restored the erased time
  • 4) Time was turning back
  • 5) Then GER talked and moved
GER never talked and moved within a 100% erased time, it may not have been an erased time at all, but its powers worked there, and then the Stand was able to move and talk within reversing time. That's its feat.

As I said, GER wasn't reversing time as there was no time to reverse. It got erased. Also, they were still in erased time, as Diavolo said the above while GER was reversing the events happened in Time Erasure.

Diavolo didn't know and also said that the erased time was restoring (which we even see), so you are wrong there, there was time, GER fixed it. Then it turned back time.

Back