• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Diavolo is Giorno, Giorno is Diavolo

I don't really care whether we scale them or not. I'm just saying if don't, Part 8 should lose it's MFTL speed. But if we do scale, OG universe stands get High 8-C AP.

Bump. Bruno's dura should be downgraded as KC made fatal blows on him, at the time I have this;

I'm making a profile for Pesci, who I'm putting at Wall level physically via destroying the control panel of the train in which he was (I think it was already damaged, but still) and his Stand's strength being his own. A semi-old Bruno and Prosciutto could harm him, and Prosciutto could harm an older Bruno, who could obviously resist that. So Wall level all of them.

I skimmed through and I seen that people were saying make everyone 8-C+....

I hate to explain it again and again, but 8-C+ is only for characters who have demonstrated they are demonstrably stronger and more powerful than the other 8-C/0.8 ton characters.

For example, Tarkus has a 0.8 ton feat so he naturally gets 8-C. Jonathan after recieving the deep pass overdrive outmuscled him and obliterated him so casually. That means he's much much greater than the rest of the 8-C noobs, hence 8-C+. Dio is also 8-C+ for being comparable to Jonathan and should be stronger than his zombie servant.

Jolyne and Jotaro get 8-C+ because she casually performed an 8-C feat and Jotaro is on par with The World, who should be equal or greater than the 8-C+ DIO.

Star Platinum beating up Hierophant Green and Silver Chariot, is that enough to warrant them being 8-C+? No, he's not trying to kill any of them and he's clearly pulling his punches, what reason does he have to kill Kakyoin and Polnareff? He's not evil, so it doesn't make sense. He literally obliterates DIO's skull and puts a hole in his chest with a single punch later on too, so it establishes that he's capable of destroying an 8-C+ DIO.

TL;DR - Stop trying to make everyone 8-C+, make sure they're comparable to Jonathan/DIO/Star Platinum/Stone Free. If your character in mind cannot straight up fight them in a 1v1 punch battle, then they're not 8-C+.

I also have an easier way to explain Diavolo's ability since people still don't understand:

Don't think about the entire A-B-C or whatever nonsense, it's too complicated when it can be explained in an easier way and with an analogy.

Have you ever heard of a lag switch? That in essence is EXACTLY what his ability is. Just like in an online shooter, the lag switcher can freely move around and from his perspective, everyone else can too. The problem? From everyone elses perspective, they're stuttering and locked in the same general place, confused as to how their inputs suddenly go through all at once only for them to immediately be killed by the lag switcher who doesn't share that problem.

That's the analogy, the simple explanation:

Once the ability activates, Diavolo can see all actions (humans or otherwise) from the start to the end of the "time skip" superimposed onto the reality around him. If you shot a bullet and he activated it, he could see the end "frame" where the bullet is supposed to land in his chest.

The catch? Whilst everyone else is forced to move in a predetermined way in accordance to their afforementioned end "frame", Diavolo can adjust his fate and move however he wants, putting himself in a better position. All memories during this period of time are erased, leaving people confused as to how they got to where they are (but not Diavolo, he keeps his).

Important to note he doesn't actually kill anyone or touch them during this period, but only after.

It's not very clear but it seems like he's taking advantage of confusion moreso than interacting. I can name a lot of moments where it would make sense for him to just kill them within the skipped time but for all of those moments he always ends it behind the person or whatever.

So I think Araki originally said he could function in erased time, but then realized that was waaayyy too broken for the protags and too similar to DIO. It seems like it was just retconned as confusion/ignored, because later on he doesn't do it ever again, similar to Bruno seeing himself at the end of the erased time.

As for the Narancia thing, there isn't really an explanation except that he is fully capable of note clipping people into walls. It definitely should be added to his profile

I can make a gif of that^, it probably isn't too gore for our standards.

@Iapitus He broke the bars and then impale Narancia through them. Then he move them as they were before, which is why they look altered.

@Iap Not the case, and if it were, if it was just one it could have been broken inside of his body.

@Tincan I was aiming to do it since a while, I was going to use the anime adaptation of other scene but I don't like the design of KC there.
Angry King Crimson
This will be my next avi.

The second one from the left is still attached. Even if you want to get into an argument over if it is less than an inch off, it is to a such minor degree that would still take phasing to get on

I like the design of the erased time. Anyway, someone still needs to analyze what's left of this thread.

I think we need to talk about GER hax tier if it is justified and are we gonne scale King Crimson High 3-A via environmental destruction

I never really understood why GER need a "High 3-A via hax" tier when it isn't really necessary, and when Diavolo doesn't have it in the first place.

Also, out of topic, but since Pesci is 9-B, shouldn't Bruno be 9-B too by KOing him with a kick, and still while he was under TGD's aging effecst?

^I agree

Also, should GER get acausality type 2? In the erased time, he was able to move ignoring his future actions (this isn't exactly precog as every movement in erased time appear as trails as the erased time gets "compressed" as time isn't present in King Crimson's world despite the anime showing movement Though I'll admit it's more epic) and clearly resisted Diavolo's precognition.

DAEF901A-3E78-4DAB-B153-8C375FC2D32D
Yeah, they only appear as trails otherwise Diavolo wouldn't have said this.

I don't agree with that, GER needs to nope that to not let it happen, and she was in the vision, indicating she exists in the future.

Now I get where the Heaven's Door comparison comes from, how TF did that frog knew what 10 meters were.

I understand that happiness cannot be obtained by having an invincible body or mountains of money, or even being the ruler of the human race. The true winner is the one who gets to see 'Heaven'... I will get there, no matter how many things I must sacrifice.
~ DIO to Pucci
So, I want to put this on DIO's profile. Unfortunately that would be showing 3 quotes which I guess is bad, but it shows his retconned philosophy that gets implemented on Pucci and AW Diego. Thoughts?

Back