• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Prototype vs Natatsu No Taizai. Who wins between the virus and the tsundere?

EDIT: Speed is equalized in round 2

Diane visuals by 15sok-d7twjrs
Alex mercer prototype png by malikky-d6dd2x8

Pietro Maximoff said:
Question, could someone give me the statement or calc that said Alex could wipe out a city?
in the last fight in prototype 2 after james heller beat alex he then consume him and have enough power to wipe out all mutants in Manhattan Island.

well his tendril is pretty much reach all across city but only target the mutants, anyway before they fight alex has absorb all his comrade and become much stronger than heller, in higher difficulty level you basically need to out tactic him rather than fight with brute strength.

@Pietro Maximoff Alright, how about this? James was able to tear down all the Infected effortlessly with his tendrils, including the brawlers, spiked brawlers, probably some tanks, helicopters, Hydras, Juggernauts and probably even Goliaths in Manhattan Island. And James, on the other hand, would not have done this without the combined biomass of armless Alex and a wounded James who should not be able to beat Alex easily and unharmed by lore.

And, like I said, armless and weakened Alex who would have more biomass throughout 14 months and the 8 Evolved. Also, many Infected can have very great durability levels. Able to take up thermobaric explosions, tank anti tank missiles and so on. And, James was able to kill them off in the Red Zone like swatting out a fly, most thanks to Alex.

The real cal howard said:
I understand the speed advantage, but the regen should be enough to make it not a stomp.
His regen works on absorboing biomass. He will lose a lot of it before he will be able to react.

The real cal howard said:
So, should I equalize speed? I'll equalize speed for the time being.

Well, since we already discussed unequalized battle... It's better to made additional scenario.

Regenerationn is still useless (there is no available biomass to absorb to regen from that level of damage) so it goes with who strike first. But I think that Diane has little advantage since it's a battle of 3 vs 1 for her.

Pietro Maximoff said:
^Tear down multiple things as you listed doesn't warrant city level, at most that's small town-town level
and question, how big is the city in question?
My previous comment:

in the last fight in prototype 2 after james heller beat alex he then consume him and have enough power to wipe out all mutants in Manhattan Island.

Well, I never played the game, but judging by the fact that infected were found on more than Manhattan Island and that he stated that he wiped out all of them, I assume he meant all of New York City. But I could be wrong.

If anything that warrants City Level Range. You also have to take in the part that Alex had just consumed a couple of Evolved before the fight, and was consumed by James. Someone who probably had a similar amount of biomass or slightly higher considering he took out Alex. Basically Alex + James = City Level if you really go by that logic.

actually more like heavily wounded alex + heller with most of the power come from alex, also alex is much stronger than heller and in higher difficulty you need to out tactic him and not fighting him with strength alone.

Really? It was easy for me to beat him. Of course there's also the excuse of Alex forcing you to switch powers but in all honesty all those biomass would've been regenerated quickly if Alex is really that fast. Since if he could regenerate limbs in seconds, why was cutting him up repeatedly and not consuming said body parts so effective?

And where does the statement "Most of the power come from Alex" comes from? James could've been preparing to give up his powers for all we know.

There's no outsmarting in Prototype in terms of Alex vs James. It's simply bigger fish vs bigger fish. Whoever gets lucky, hits harder or moves faster wins.

because heller is never performe similar or even close in power to what he can do after he absorb alex. and many of prototype 1 and 2 boss is much stronger than you, and you need to beat them with your brain.

Gameplay Mechanics doesn't automatically translate to gameplay. Example in a game Alex can die to bullets, would that necessarily mean he can get killed by them? In theory James might need to use a bit of his mind but in the end he wins because he's smart and strong, considering that Goliaths are heavy and reckless.

Alex on the other hand? What do you get if you put a genius fighter against another? Well the winner will be decided by who can use which powers the best

Either way Diane stomps this due to speed

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Example in a game Alex can die to bullets, would that necessarily mean he can get killed by them?
It is possible if we remember how Alex regen is working. The amount of ammunition to do this is not realistic in game though.

Back