• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devilguy Doesn't Cry Maybe vs The Guy who farts out Outerverses

From what I've heard, EGD should go something like:

EGD >>>>> Demonbane >>>>> Baseline

DMC2 Dante's chain goes:

Majin Dante >>>>> DT DMC2 Dante >>>>> Base DMC2 Dante > Sparda (Full Power) >>> Sparda DT DMC1 Dante = Weakened Sparda = Void Mundus > Despair Embodied Argosax = Mundus >>>>> Argosax The Chaos > Baseline

KnightOfSunlight said:
From what I've heard, EGD should go something like:
EGD >>>>> Demonbane >>>>> Baseline
... That throws EGD vs. Shido Itsuka out the window. Maybe, Mio or Westcott could do something?

From the scaling, Dante should just one-shot pedobane.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Majin Dante >>>>> DT DMC2 Dante >>>>> Base DMC2 Dante > Sparda (Full Power) >>> Sparda DT DMC1 Dante = Weakened Sparda = Void Mundus > Despair Embodied Argosax = Mundus >>>>> Argosax The Chaos > Baseline
From what I heard from someone Dante got a big buff in Vol2 as the beastheads gave him power or something but don't quote me on that

Tony di bugalu said:
KnightOfSunlight said:
From what I heard from someone Dante got a big buff in Vol2 as the beastheads gave him power or something but don't quote me on that
Quoted. **** you.

Hoy es un gran dia para morir :v

responding to the increase that occurred in vol 2 because if, after dante lost his energy due to chen's hair gel, the beasthead potentiated him to the point that he was amazed at his power, then he was slowly trampled on by the Chen Beasthead who it was getting stronger via Reactive power :p, in the end I overcame it as the DMC2 manual says

The only thing I see that can work for sure on Dante is that 2-A thing

Besides this, Dante resists both EGD and Demonbane stuff (The profile states that EGD has everything from Demonbane), Sealing could work, however most sealing are avoidable via Dimensional Travel, so I believe we need Supporters to explain it, Time Travel is also very limited, but probably the most useful skill for EGD here, besides 2-A stuff of course

Besides that, EGD doesn't resist Deconstruction, Fear Manipulation, Soul manipulation and Time Manipulation, and is behind Dante on AP, DT also amps Dante's speed by 10 Times and amps his AP even further. Dante resists Space Time, can negate his Regenerationn with nothing but regular attacks (Low High Regen Negation) and Demonbane's abilities, like Ice Manipulation, even if it is AZ level, gets resisted

Considering that DMC2 Dante is also the most serious version of him (Maybe alongside DMC5 Dante), he should take this, voting Dante for now

The revisions aren't even done and people are already rubbing salt on Demonbane's wound.....

Anyway, Dante FRA.

Rip Demonbane

It's still technically a win-con and an ability he's very much aware he has. Him not using it from the get-go is more of a short-coming on his part. The way I see it at least.

IIRC the new rules from the stomp page said something along the lines of: "not using an ability in character leads to said character losing without any chance to win is a stomp" but I may be very wrong

I'm not sure if that's the case here. It'd be like fighting a guy that's massively superior to you and having EE that you hesitate to use. You'd still use it in-character but not usually as a first resort so that's more on you than the fight being unfair.

A better example would be a character being insanley outclassed in power, skill and versatility but having mind-hax he's never used in a fight even once. That'd be a stomp. That's what I understood at least.

Sparda at full power defeated Mundus and his army alone.

Dante with a portion of his power defeated Mundus.

Sparda with a big portion of his power sealed and with the help (not really sure here since the clan is the one that called Sparda for help) of the vie de marli clan managed to seal Argosax, a being comparable to Mundus and that had probably grown stronger without Mundus in the way.

But I'm pretty sure Void Mundus should be equal to prime Sparda

Back