• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cy crosses over with Shin Megami Tensei... Again

So yeah, I just happen to be one of the 30 people on the planet that plays SMT Dx2 that doesn't post s3x jokes in the Demon's Compendium.

Not sure if you wanted to know that, but regardless, I noticed this:

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/03/...hin-megami-tensei-liberation-dx2-on-march-14/

So yeah, this is a thing, and it's official. Devil May Cry 5 is having a crossover with Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation Dx2.

Dante, and from what I've understood, even Nero and V are gonna be demons in the game, just like they did with Bayonetta and Jeanne in the Bayonetta Crossover update.

The meme is real, I know. Who knows, they may make a reference on how Dante has been in Nocturne.

Sticker,375x360-bg,ffffff.u1

So... What's your opinion on this? Personally I am kind of excited because while I don't know anything about DMC, at least this game is getting new concent, and I'm getting probably a crapton of resources.

I think that the update will come out next week.

Just like the Bayonetta event, I assume there will be a temporary story mode about the advent, and just like the Bayonetta advent, every player (or at least the ones who put a like on/upvoted SMT Dx2 Facebook's page) will get some sort of cheaper versions of the new demons, which could be used to increase farmings.

Anyways, the new story mode will probably be much easier than other parts of the game, so that new players can get into it.

So the update is out:

The story event is slightly harder than the Bayonetta one, but still on the right difficulty for a new player to get over it.

Speaking of Bayonetta, much like her and Jeanne, Dante, Nero, and V are "demons" that have been added to the game.

Dante is a Physical Attacker, Nero uses Electrical Magical Attacks, while V is specialized in Almighty Attacks.

And much like the Bayonetta demons, Dante, Nero and V have two versions of themselves: their regular 4 stars selves, which can be obtained for free throughout the game (Dante is immediately given to the player at the beginning of the update, V can be bought from the shot with demon heads, which you can collect by playing the event's quests, and Nero is freely given by completing the mission that tells you to complete chapter 6 of the event [which will be out next week]), and their upgraded 5 stars versions, which have their exclusive skills, and are Gacha only. Their skills are better and much more viable in competitive than Bayonetta and Jeanne's, so if you wanted to know who would win between SMT Dante and Bayonetta, well, the best I can tell you about it is this.

Dante, much like his appearance in SMT III: Nocturne, is a Fiend Race, same deal with Nero, while V is part of his won exclusive race, which is ?? No, seriously, "??" is literally the name of the race he's part of, and he's the only member of that race

As for the story, well it's much more interesting than the Bayonetta one, at least as of right now. Only the first 3 chapters have been released, while the remaining 3 will be released next week.

I would type a summary of it here, but I can just link the video with all the cutscenes here:

Shin Megami Tensei Liberation Dx2 - Devil May Cry 5 - Souls of the Devil Hunter Part 1 CUTSCENES
Shin Megami Tensei Liberation Dx2 - Devil May Cry 5 - Souls of the Devil Hunter Part 1 CUTSCENES

Does that mean, that we can see some new profiles for the DMC and Bayonetta franchises if Dx2 counts as eligible for editing?

Oh man, such a good game, Devil May Cy, although it kind of reminds me of the Devil May Cry series, is that a reference?

It also sucks that they just slapped the charaters' in-game themes on, instead of making the separate ones, like with Nocturne. I know it's a mobile game, but still.

Yeah, that actually bothers me: they made new artwork for the Bayonetta demons, there they just used their official models in DMC V, which feels lazy and out of place, especially since as of right now, there are no demonic enemies from the DMC series, and I doubt there will be.

The in-game models look cool though.

Maybe they've had an special deal with Capcom to only use certain in-game assets from DMC5? Also, Hideki Kamiya (the master mind behind DMC1) is currently working for Sega. Maybe that has to do someting as well.

Virgil isn't in the update. Just Dante, Nero and V.

And the event ends tomorrow, so he won't be added anyways.

This crossover is weird in that Dante, Nero and V are clearly their DMC 5 selves who just ended up in SMT by "travelling to another world", much like it was with Cereza and Jeanne in the Bayonetta crossover.

As opposed to Nocturne Dante who is actually directly integrated into the game's world and story.

Yeah, it's a "Universes Collide" kind of crossover, rather than just the characters being re-written to fit in the story.

At least we know that the Bayonetta Worlds and the Underworld in Dante are part of the Demon World in SMT.

So... When will it become canon the fact that DMC is part of the Amala Network, and Nocturne happens in an alternate timeline to DMC where after DMC2 the Conception happens and the rest is history (featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series).

In my headcanon, after Lucifer, Demi and Dante failed to beat YHVH, Dante reincarnated as Akira in the Strange Journey / SMT4 timeline, and then as Nanashi.

It's pretty bad, I admit.. I just would love the fact that a crossover character would eventually beat God himself.

I love how they leave it to each other imagination, i mean, they literally told you how Dante is going to go to war against Mr. Clean with naoki at his side, how the lady in black refers to him as "a man with immeasurable power" and how he plans to take Lucifer's pets as souvenirs for him.

Back