• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread

I have updated my sandbox for DMC's revisions.
These additions will come far into the future, but I'm looking to do them one-by-one as to not overwhelm the supporters and oppositors. Any criticism, opinions and debunks are welcome, as they can be added into the possible counter-arguments part, and we could all get a more objective result.
I only skimmed so far, so much assumption might be wrong or pointless until I've read the post properly.
But when it comes to the POC bit about Hellfilth, people might want a crt or something that says it's Canon or what not.
The game has evidence that says its set In the og series, after 3 and nothing contradicts it's content but people on this site already don't trust the game as is lol

But when it comes to the POC bit about Hellfilth, people might want a crt or something that says it's Canon or what not.
We already had a CRT proving its canonicity. We even had a CRT removing old PoC content because of the changes in gameplay as well as some lore.
But, Palito's sandbox is too big and is trying to tackle a lot of stuff in one go. I think it would be better to divide the stuff in multiple CRTs.

Last edited:
We already had CRT proving its canonicity. We even had a CRT removing old PoC content because of the changes in gameplay as well as some lore.
But, Palito's sandbox is too big and is trying to tackle a lot of stuff in one go. I think it would be better to divide the stuff in multiple CRTs.
Agreed. There is no need for us to prove canonicity. People can cope all they want. We have it accepted as canon on the wiki and its settled.

We already had CRT proving its canonicity. We even had a CRT removing old PoC content because of the changes in gameplay as well as some lore.
Ignore what i said then lol, that's dandy then

@Palito266
Maybe Vibration Manipulation for Gilgamesh from its 'Shock!' move description?

I couldn't find a still of the move set in game though, so will probably have to look around youtube or boot up dmc4, but that's if that move even qualifies for anything in the first place.

Does PoC have any tier 1 lore after all in any description or its just empty words?
There is only Hellfilth stuff that is potential tier 1 stuff. Other then that there numerous dimensions we seen throughout our journey. One of them straight up stated to be a creation of an outerspace filled with stars by a family that helped Sparda way back in the days.

There is only Hellfilth stuff that is potential tier 1 stuff. Other then that there numerous dimensions we seen throughout our journey. One of them straight up stated to be a creation of an outerspace filled with stars by a family that helped Sparda way back in the days.
Neat i guess

With some of the absurd downplay that has existed, anything that helps cement the Tier 2 ratings, or even give a fall back of tiers 3, 4 and 5, is a good thing. Much of the fanbase's reputation for inflating stats comes from a time when suggesting anyone in the verse was stronger than wall level was considered enormous inflation, and when new feats made building and city block level unavoidable, the same attitude still persisted, except the goal post had just moved from wall level to building level. You can see that same pattern repeating over and over with DMC, actually. The same people who had that attitude also had the same dismissive attitude to other verses; suggest that Bleach characters could manipulate souls and you'd get homophobic slurs thrown at you.

I have updated my sandbox for DMC's revisions.
These additions will come far into the future, but I'm looking to do them one-by-one as to not overwhelm the supporters and oppositors. Any criticism, opinions and debunks are welcome, as they can be added into the possible counter-arguments part, and we could all get a more objective result.
Read it
Not good With conceptual and duality stuff and beasthrad scaling to timelines kinda confuses
Rest looks good

Also don't think there's a Beowulf (devil arm) abilities for dmc 3 Dante, might make a crt for that when my pandara one gets accepted.
Abilities that come to thought would be light Manipulation and stats amp

Are demons 4d beings ?
...? No, they possess a higher dimensional power source, I mean their powers are connected to DW, which is a 4D universe, in the same way that a DC Speedster gets their power from the Speed force..

Even when we had the 9D souls, it was treated the same as the Warhammer mortal souls that were made of Warp stuff but dont mean they are Higher Dimensional entities

...? No, they possess a higher dimensional power source, I mean their powers are connected to DW, which is a 4D universe, in the same way that a DC Speedster gets their power from the Speed force..

Even when we had the 9D souls, it was treated the same as the Warhammer mortal souls that were made of Warp stuff but dont mean they are Higher Dimensional entities
Right, got it.

Ehh, no. When we had 9D souls, souls did have HDE as they were spatially 9D. Now souls don't have any elaboration on their spatial characteristics so they don't have HDE.

Close, Just wondering how High into immeasurabke we have This two
Well Dante blitzes Argosax, who is baseline immeasurable so like a blitzing layer or something above it idk. But there is also the fact that Dante reacts to Void Mundus(who should also scale to immeasurable speed) while inside of him, who is a sentient Void. And Vergil just scales to Dante

Well Dante blitzes Argosax, who is baseline immeasurable so like a blitzing layer or something above it idk. But there is also the fact that Dante reacts to Void Mundus(who should also scale to immeasurable speed) while inside of him, who is a sentient Void. And Vergil just scales to Dante
There are a few smaller degrees of separation there, just not any more speedblitzes.

I thought void mundus was omnipresent

Apparently the verse’s layers need evaluation, y’all aware ?
Yes, I think we can do a smaller one that deals with powers that are already indexed in the profiles that are shown feats of bypassing resistance.
But there is a bigger one that is planned that will deal more comprehensively with DE/Magic's resistance and Potency across the whole verse

Back