• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so, without Nero (Sparda's Blood) he can't use the full potential of the sword

That's why only The Savior from the boss fight is High 6-A, he had Nero in his core + Sparda Sword

I always assumed that the Savior powered down before he actually landed that hit? I am not saying the savior is on par with Dante, but he's legit the only boss in DMC4 who actually give some troubles to Dante.

Are we saying Nero is > The savior?

Dante Demon Killah said:
I don't think so, without Nero (Sparda's Blood) he can't use the full potential of the sword
That's why only The Savior from the boss fight is High 6-A, he had Nero in his core + Sparda Sword
That's a good point, I missed that.

Well, I believe we should do this:

> Move his DMC2 key, but maintaining his stats

> Make his DMC4 key the last one and give the same stats from his DMC2 key since he obviously scales

Also Reb, Nero is going to be High 6-A in DMC5 for sure lol, we just need to wait the game

Nero could be any tier in DMC5 tbh. Pretty sure he'd be physically weaker w/ Devil Breakers than w/ Devil Bringer. And I assume his DT will be stronk

RebubleUselet said:
Guys, the chronology is the same. CAPCOM didn't change it. And if you ask why they put 2 before 4, hell if I know.
This, also they are probably trying to take the eyes off of DMC2 so nobody can complain?

Probably.

Not like said feat ever happens either way though

The chronology did not change, the special edition of the artbook is still 3142 and DMC2 was shown before 4 likely because they wanted a smoother transition into 5 from a story persective since it is closely related to 4 than 2.

It did changed, they were literally telling the story in chronological order tho, and we have a minor leak that makes sense now that 4 is after 2

I noticed the timeline in the video, it could be fine: Dante destroyed Argosax and escaped from hell, returned to find Lucia and he later went on Fortuna to kill Sanctus.

Guys, the time line has not changed. Matt confirmed DMC5 takes place after 2, and they haven't changed the timeline for an artbook that came out literally a week ago.

@Dante Demon Killah

They told the story chronologically but just skipped to 2 to end off Dante's story segment because DMC4 is directly connected to DMC5 and it's story as a whole.Showing DMC3,DMC1,DMC4,DMC2,DMC5 is more confusing than showing DMC3,DMC1,DMC2,DMC4,DMC5 considering this is a recap that is for people who want to catch up on the story in 5.And as stated earlier the updated artbook is still titled 3142 indicates that this sequence is still the proper timeline.

DMC4 is an integral part to 5, that is why it was shown after 2, to stress it's importance to 5.

What we have for now is a video, made by capcom, that EXPLICITLY shows the series in a chronological order, showing DMC2 after DMC4 woudn't be any problem

The artbook is a "hd version" of the old one or is a completely new version ? If it is the same, than the timeline still 3>1>2>4

And saying that DMC5 is after 2 changes nothing, it is after 2 and after 4, aaand...yeah, just this, is the same that saying that the Anime is after 3

The best version of the canon is this new video, until any other confirmation, we should follow our best bet

Dante Demon Killah said:
What we have for now is a video, made by capcom, that EXPLICITLY shows the series in a chronological order, showing DMC2 after DMC4 woudn't be any problem
There's not much implying that, actually. And yes, there was extra info added into the updated 3142 artbook, and considering it was released just recently, such a sudden change in the series' chronology seems unlikely.

Dante profile was changed by the way, so since the profile is unlocked i'll let the users edit it whatenever which way the timeline is.

@Dante Demon Killah

The artbook is a new version of an already pretty recent artbook (originally published in 2015) and it just came out a couple weeks ago, it added DMC4SE art and some DMC5 stuff and more interviews I think.

Even if DMC2 being before 4 changes nothing, that doesn't mean it is correct canonically.

The video seemingly changing the order of the timeline is more likely a way to show the connection between 4 and 5 for newcomers to the series, like Itsuno said a while back.

I think Dienomite and RebubleUselet are making sense here. Besides, I doesn't change much imo

Well, we need to change his profile again

But honestly, DMC4 being after 2 makes more sense to me

>>> But where is Lucia ?

As Lady wasn't in DMC1, so she is not in 4, she got a island to protect

>>> How Dante managed to escape Hell ?

In DMC2 ending, the person arriving at the shop was him, simple

He looks older in DMC4, he looks even more powerful being casual even against Sparda lv threats, and this makes sense with Patty's Age in DMC5 and the statements that 5 was a sequel to 4

Weed got some cool New cutscenes

Dante's reaction when he saw V for the first time was something like

>>> uhh...what the - ?

lol

i'm getting more existed for the game seeing V's gameplay. May not suit my style but I think it looks fun regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back