• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's unfortunate, through Nero was implied to be Dante successor for hunting demons.

Itsuno believes that Nero is DMC, he said that Vergil is his main, he never make Dante X Lady canon

Doesn't surprise me that he wants Dante dead in this game

If he goes out at least go out with a bang...but that i still don't want...

They said that the game have 15 hours of gameplay, right ?

This is BY FAR more than any other DMC game, it can be 20 missions, but they are bigger

But yeah, if it have 20 missions, it means that Nero might have more than the others, this is a let down, I wish I could play all the 20 with Dante

I say it will be 10 hours of actual game play, and like 4-5 hours of cutscene.

Pretty sure we will fight Urizen like 3 times at least.

Yeah, I believe Nero will fight Urizen with his DT, however it wouldn't make any sense since Urizen stomps Post DMC2 DT Dante

About killing Dante, this would be *kinda* good for the series, Dante is too powerful, if they keep him alive, they need to create more and more powerful demons and we are already getting the King of them, and this, storywise, it's trash. Dante needs to die so the series can keep up with smaller threats, they can't create a stronger demon than Urizen out of nothing instantly for a new game every time Dante shows up

It's about time Dante get his ass kicked tbh. I bet he won't finish Urizen even in his Majin form since Nero will surely get the kill.

Pretty sure there's 10 mission for each character, but Nero gets 11 including the tutorial (total of 31)? And there should be a few missions after that for the climax.

I very curios how they will handle the final battle. On one hand, you have Dante's Majin form, then you have the MC "Nero" and his new form "DT most likely" and then you have V as well.

Like I said before, Urizen stomped DT Dante without putting any effort, so unless Majin is like x10 times stronger than DT, I don't see Dante soloing Urizen on his own. Not to mention, Nero is most likely getting his own true DT in this game + MC status, he should be the one who finish off Urizen.

Maybe Dante will weaken Urizen enough for Nero to finish him? But where does V fit in all of this?

Well then, that's okay seeing as how there are separate missions where you can choose to play V/Nero, V/Dante/Nero, and Dante/Nero.

Also, 21 missions, as Mission 1-20 does not count the prologue.

Dante weakens Urizen and Nero gets the kills is my bet

Or, if Urizen and Vergil are not the same person, could be Dante x Urizen, and after they kill each other, Vergil reveals himself and fights Nero, would be awesome, we need a interaction between them

ZERO7772 said:
It's about time Dante get his ass kicked tbh. I bet he won't finish Urizen even in his Majin form since Nero will surely get the kill.
Nero is à loser Dante is the best

Code:

Sooooo...

A recent recap of the story was shown, and they place DMC2 before DMC4 ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

Canon timeline was: 3 > 1 > ANIME > 2 > 4.

I always wondered why 2 take place before 4 tbh. Looks like we will have to re-consider some stuff.

I still think the savior gave Dante a lot of troubles.

It doesn't change that much, actually, the novel 2 still exists and proves that Dante is stronger than his father by that point, so we need to move his DMC4 key to the last one (excluding 5) and give him the same statistics from the DMC2 key

I still doubt how legit those novels are.

Anyway, main villains rank like this then: Savior > Mundus > Sid >?< Argasox > Arkham?

Dante was actually having troubles with The Savior and he needed his dreadnaught form in the novle to block it strongest attack.

ZERO7772 said:
Sooooo...

A recent recap of the story was shown, and they place DMC2 before DMC4 ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

Canon timeline was: 3 > 1 > ANIME > 2 > 4.
That makes no sense. Especially since the artbook is 3142 Putting 2 last. Ir could have been an error? We may need to as for clarification.

The first novel and Deadly Fortune have some things that contradict the games, so they are not canon, only a few elements of them were used (Like DMC blue neon and Nell) the second one is clean and directly leads to 2, also showing why Dante went to that museam in the beggining of the second game

We need to fix Dante's profile now, The Savior giving trouble to him directly contradicts with the 4th game which is the primary source material

@Dante I think the 4th Novel is semi canon? Like anything thar contradicts the game is thrown out but parts that don't are fine.

He was actually out of breath after he pinned Nero down.

And Dante was having troubles with the savior even in the game, what are you guys on about? Surely he didn't spam Majin form on it, but his base form surely was having troubles putting the savior down even with Yamato.

I mean, Dante didn't have much trouble blocking a punch from the Savior, although it was weakened at that point.

Honestly, I'm considering a possibility of Nero being possibly High 6-A, since Sanctus used Sparda, which powered The Savior who could content with Dante. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back