• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 10

Damn, I guess me saying not to discuss tweets at all or mentioned them flew over Matt's head or he forgot my repeated mention to dismiss the tweets in the same thread, or possibly he barely read the thread. Must be why he kept strawmanning points and strawman me by saying I was using tweets and same year-old arguments with his last couple of comments on the CRT and then he had the nerve to ask for people to be polite when he was the one that acted like an ass first.Anyhow, that's typical Matt when it comes to DMC threads.

@DarkGrath

A couple of point's to mention about the Savior dimension feat:

-Deadly Fortune never stated they were recreations, that came from a picture (see below) from the guidebook.

-It doesn't only recreate things from Nero's past interactions, he never fought Dagon and never fought the angelos on the Credo bridge.
Ignis
-There are obvious ways to prove it being creation (exactly like the Mundus feat and a little more) but it won't be accepted due to "muh statement" or some other thing.

-The Savior may be way stronger than what we remember, need to study DMC4 and the novels.

Also, don't forget about the DMC5 "illusion" feat, that hasn't been resolved yet.That's all I have for right now, will probably lurk for a little before going back to z land

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
So what you are telling me is that the Savior was bored as heck and decided to abuse being created with too much power.
Honestly, I'd be lying if I said I knew exactly why he did it. But then, you could say that about so many people/characters. It doesn't change that it did happen. We see it in-game, and it is referenced in Deadly Fortune. It's a strange sequence to say the least, but there is almost nothing to suggest that it is not real, and surely enough to suggest that it is. After all, if being an in-game event is not enough, then almost anything that happens in the series could be argued as not being real, and that is completely unreasonable. My apologies if I'm not articulating my point very well here; I'm writing this while quite sick with both bronchitis and glandular fever, so my head is very muddled right now. My point is; there is very little to suggest that it did not happen, and more than enough to say that it did. And regardless of why he did it, the fact that it happened makes it a potential feat.

Oh no ni, I rather agree with you on that, I just find the idea of a wholly non-human, non biological, demon powered statue being bored after realizing it has nothing to do but be cool and get smacked by that dude in Red, only to remember it has this nice little dude inside himself.

And then the gears of his mind start rolling as he thinks of how to spend time...

Thank you for clarifying, Dienomite22. You are correct, I misremembered where the quote came from. My apologies. Could you go further into detail with proof of it not being a creation feat? It's quite obviously not just Nero being teleported around the world; but then I'm almost certain someone will go with the illusion argument. For future reference, could you give your personal reasoning why it is not an illusion?

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Oh no ni, I rather agree with you on that, I just find the idea of a wholly non-human, non biological, demon powered statue being bored after realizing it has nothing to do but be cool and get smacked by that dude in Red, only to remember it has this nice little dude inside himself.
And then the gears of his mind start rolling as he thinks of how to spend time...
Yeah... look, I wouldn't often say this, especially on the Versus Battles Wiki of all places, but really. DMC has taken massive leaps in logic plenty of times before just like this. The Saviour creating pocket dimensions, while still a feat, was undoubtedly pretty much just an excuse for Nero to get a boss-rush segment.

Pretty much. DMC4 still feels rather disappointingly empty and needing to rely too much on repeat bosses for it to remain as long and as 'full' of content as it did. A bunch of my friends loved Credo as a boss and then realized he wasn't even gonna be part of the boss rehash. They were sad.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Pretty much. DMC4 still feels rather disappointingly empty and needing to rely too much on repeat bosses for it to remain as long and as 'full' of content as it did. A bunch of my friends loved Credo as a boss and then realized he wasn't even gonna be part of the boss rehash. They were sad.
Yeah. I absolutely loved DMC4, especially for how it further added to the already insane depth of DMC3's combat system. But yeah, the game was terribly rushed.

Anyway; back to the question from before. Making another thread on the current discussion of 3-A DMC. Should I use the summary in the previous thread, or the one I made a couple days ago?

@DarkGrath

I'll go into just alittle bit of it but just know it won't matter and won't be accepted without an direct statement even if the logic is direct sadly.

-Illusion/nightmare is automatically out of the question with the below picture (Nero having Yamato which can cut illusions is also a point) and it doesn't fit logically with what the dice games is shown to do and lesser demons like fault can perform something similar .This is not the only reasons why but it is the easiest way to prove it isn't an illusion or nightmare.

Devil May Cry 4, Lesser Demons File — Fault: "Faults are subterranean creatures that dwell in the demonic underworld. They can seek out the magical power of their prey, and once found, they appear suddenly from below wrapping their victims in darkness. The darkness within the Fault's body is often habitat to demonic denizens."

Going back to bed, hope you feel better.

Blue portal

Whats the point if it will be another 500 posts,arguing back and forth,either we get info from sources outside the game, either novels or asking Itsuno regarding some stuff for clarification or we wait for any new release of anything dmc related in the future

We really should try to ask Itsuno some questions tho, if we make the thread with the same arguments, I don't think it's going to change something

Let's do that; I don't think most folks know what methodology, epistimology, and shaping principles and such even are, so it might be better to just get more evidence if that's an option. If no response is attained, we'd have to show why an explanation dependent on several estranged lines of though and ad hoc definitions of reliability is inferior to our single, simple, apparent, consistent, and illuminaiting approach.

If anyone here's gonna ask questions, let's decide what they will be and how they will be worded. I give suggestions in a bit.

"At the beginning of the first Mundus fight in 1, did he create a universe?" "When Mundus was defeated but before he was sealed, was the Underworld going to collapse?"
"Was Argosax physically merging the space-time continuums of the Human & Underworld in 2?"
"How big is the Underworld?"
Questions about DMC5 if you want; you guys prolly know better than I do.
Some question about the Savior's dimensions maybe, but it doesn't really matter. Might even get oppostion mad if answer affirms us but seems off to them.
The anime and such might not be fresh on their minds, so maybe skip this.

Remember, a question like this must be extremely specific and focus and inclined to an extremely specific and focused answer. That's how it workls in the criminal justice system. Run any questions word-for-word through here before sending them, please. I don't have Twitter or such, incidentally.

Asked 'n answered by Kamiya, whose reliability has been subjected to skepticism and ad hoc definitions of reliability (albeit understandibly so given his demeanor). If we get a more current and reliable authority to give us an answer, and it happens to match up with Kamiya's, Kamiya's correlation won't make the more current WoG less reliable.

Incidentally, for all we know, the current writiers have retconned the nature of the feats. If that's the case, eh, but at least the book will be closed on the matter! But let's be careful with our questions so as not to be confusing.

Volunteers? Again, let's know and affirm what you're saying word-for-word before you go off.

To be fair, getting WoG from anyone other than Kamiya is impossible, unless you were lucky enough to get your question answered on a Capcom dev stream, whih borders on impossible.

I heard a suggestion that we try to contact Bingo Morihashi or Itsuno for feat related stuff since they both were around since the time of DMC2. Bingo is the writer for most DMC material and he answers some questions related to DMC's plot.

Footage from the epic battle

Hey, @Dragon/other admins, when Matt gets back, could you leave a post here and wait for me to respond before going on? I wouldn't like to miss the party like I did with the downgrade in the first place. I'll be AFK for just a couple of hours, too; at most until tomorrow morning.

@Dienomite -- Nooooo, wait for Matt. Wouldn't be fair without him. And we're all juggling enough as it is.

@Dante Demon Killah

Anything that should be on the profiles labled as abilities.So hax are allowed.

Perhaps a "pot luck" thread would be best? So everyone can mention anything they find because I'm sure you and I alone can't name all the missed abilities.

@Dienomite -- It's fine to just discuss here or on a wall what could be done, but please don't go through with the whole ting before he gets back. Or before this other CRT is done. I think it would be kinda manipulative to go on without him, even for something less controversial. He's prolly got college exams and such right now, you know.

I just remembered, i have a friend which learned japanese and can for the most part understand japanese dub, i could give it a try and ask him for the scene with Urizen dialogue there

@Follow Doctor Freeman

It's nothing to do with tiering, only abilities that should be on the profiles already but forgotten or missed out on, don't worry it's safe and not related to the current CRT thread at all.

Back