• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Nero riding the rocket is reference back to DMC3 except this time it's part of the gameplay and not just cutscene

Based Capcom pulling miracles at us ~

@Dienomite22 - Wouldn't go that far. There'd be a lot of 'splaining to do to accomplish reconciling those canons. Gilver and all that. But it's probably lifting a part of the book as a cute nod and a good justification for bringing this new character into the story.

I don't know how final the product shown in the footage is, but the lighting and particle effects in the trailer looked really impressive to me -- although I'm not sure that's what slashing a few gallons of blood from a demon looks like; then again, I think not many among us have the real-life experience to verify that. DMC4 has aged better than pretty much any game of its time visually, so I hope the bar is raised yet again here.

also i'd like to say i'm glad the existence of the military is acknowledged in the trailer, as opposed to all those cataclysmic events elsewhere in the series getting less attention than any given rambling from me

Maybe it's to troll the fans who wanted Dante for so long.

And yeah, the game looks better than I imagine it to be.

Nero's moveset is an ideal introduction to the gameplay because his arm lets him move enemies closer or shove 'em away, meaning that they player has a very direct way of managing spacing tactics, which are a crucial aspect of such a game. Much more approachable than Dante's massive moveset or Vergil's teleportation game.

Plenty you could do with him from a narrative standpoint. He's one of those characters who represent the new replacing the old, and his age most closely appeals to DMC's target demographic, so that works out well for newcomers, too.

People were freaking out because they though Nero is Donte "DmC" and many didn't even realize this is DMC5 until they re-watched it again LOL

Honestly, I already like Nero's new arm "Devil Breaker" more than his Devil arm one, he can even freaking ride it!!

ZERO7772 said:
People were freaking out because they though Nero is Donte "DmC" and many didn't even realize this is DMC5 until they re-watched it again LOL
Honestly, I already like Nero's new arm "Devil Braker" more than his Devil arm one, he can even freaking ride it!!
Wot,they did!!? XD

Also who's that girl alongside Nero in trailer?

You just know that all those awful fearmongering gaming channels are going to making videos with buzzword phrases like "I'm Worried About" or "The Problem With" or "What Went Wrong?" now. Can't stand that nonsense. No need to speculate before the game is released, especially in worried tones.

In case anyone wondering

The new girl name is "Nico" she's the granddaughter of "Nel Goldenstein" the one who made Ebony & Ivory "Dante's twin pistol" for Dante

Nico is the one who made Devil Breaker for Nero

Follow Doctor Freeman said:
You just know that all those awful fearmongering gaming channels are going to making videos with buzzword phrases like "I'm Worried About" or "The Problem With" or "What Went Wrong?" now. Can't stand that nonsense. No need to speculate before the game is released, especially in worried tones.
Ugh,this one especially,this make me always feel sick about the video who descript "everything is wrong with "insert franchise"",not only game,but the movie too.

SMT crossover intensifies lmao

So hyped for this game. And come on you guys. You know you want RDante back : D

But really that high definition imagery. The battle grounds that uses dmcR yet has characteristics from the classic Devil May Cry wit. Excited af.

Dienomite22 said:
This new mysterious "V" character is playable.

3rd character on the box art could be assumed to be mysterious "V".

Mysterious "V" looks vastly different than Vergil in the trailer.

Mysterious "V" summons demons, has blue-ish tattoos and black hair.

Could it be?
Not likely Not only are the tattoos red or black one or the other on the box art The tattoos are completely different then Naoki's Plus it seems like V is wearing a weapon in the art showing him Which is something naoki doesn't do

The story takes place after DMC 2, 3 confirmed playable characters (Dante, Nero and probably Devilfiend because of the hair color, tattoos etc). Vergil is probably corrupted (like DMC1) and Nero would have to pay him back. Anyway, Im real excited for this.

IMG-20180611-WA0000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back