• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason Nero has the "Devil May Cry" sign now is because Dante gave it to him at the end of the Deadly Fortuna novel and Itsuno directly referenced that being the reason for it but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's 100% canon since it deviated a lot from DMC4 story in some aspects but also explained some things and expanded upon the story, Deadly Fortuna is considered "semi-canon" anyway so anything that doesn't contradict the game could be canon.

ZERO7772 said:
The novels are canon according to Itsuno~
When did he say that? Also I doubt it's completely (they might be secondary Canon) canon since the blue rose and red queen appere and said weapons got destroyed in the novel

^Read the post above, either way DMC5 took some elements from the novels

As for Red queen and blue rose he could ask any weapon maker to make it for him again they are not Devil arms after all

True but Red queen seems to be of a uniqe design And Yes I admit they took some elements from The novel But that doesn't mean they are canon I figured they were secondary canon

Jesterofgames said:
True but Red queen seems to be of a uniqe design And Yes I admit they took some elements from The novel But that doesn't mean they are canon I figured they were secondary canon
Well now that we know about Nico a bit more, she could've simply repaired them.

u know it would be funny if Dante references as if he came back from hell was SMT 3 hell

Also it seems the logo in the truck nero has was given by Dante in a novelisation i heard

Or maybe, even worse, a hell where he had black hair and was really really edgy.

I'm 99.99999999999% sure it wasn't the characters, though

My main question is Does this take place after dmc2 it seems like but its constantly being refured to as a sequal to Devil may cry 4

I mean, I still like his old design better.

Purely because it doesn't look too close to DmC Vergin for comfort.

Btw, here's the list of Nero's new abilities I have managed to gather from the trailer:

Forcefield Creation, Attack Reflection, Time Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Flight, Danmaku, Homing Attack.

It seems they also re-used a sound for Nero's grapple, which belongs to Lady's Kalina Ann in DMC4SE.

Better to just forget about it for now, the game won't come out until another year better to save it until then

hopefully they scale Nero to Dante this around~

1. I said I'll do it in the future.

2. There's no problem with having a blog a bit earlier, I will just be expanding it later on as we get more stuff. we're also getting the Demon at Gamescom, which is taking place in this year's August.

Didn't Dante mention something about Nero having more potential or raw power than he does in the novels? if they acknowledge the Novels then maybe they will raise up Nero's power

Pretty sure they he will scale to Dante this time around though

Anyway we are gonna need new thread soon and we need great meme for the next thread OP

Throw your best memes images at me (ÔûÇ╠┐─╣╠»ÔûÇ╠┐ ╠┐)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back