• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Destroying Nasuverse Earth is only 5-B, Moon Cell is only 4-B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were protected by Chaldea's magnetic field and that's why they avoided the surface wiping

Iirc at least
That and they removed themselves from the time axis, yeah.

Which makes this argument even more funny because they are Rayshifting through history with another time axis.

While outside the time axis.

Screenshot_20210627-000212_FateGO.jpg

Also here's a statement that Rayshifting is a higher dimensional form of movement.

There is also this particular part from Fate Extra CCC ma: “
Far Side of the Moon [Circumstances]

The setting of CCC.

If one thinks of the moon as having two sides, the side facing Earth is the Near Side, while the opposite...the side that cannot be observed from the Earth is the Far Side.

While Fate/EXTRA starts from the first floor of the Near Side and heads for the seventh floor ~ the core, CCC starts from the Far Side (no concept of floors). Though the path may differ, the end goal for both is the core of the Moon Cell.

The Far Side of the Moon is a place where data deemed unnecessary by the Moon Cell is kept, similar to a dumping ground.

It is imaginary number space that continuously takes in data categorized as malignant information――that which is nothing but harmful to humans as well as intelligent lifeforms in general.

The Far Side is territory so taboo that even the “Eye” in the core of the Moon Cell is forbidden to enter.

Data that have entered this place, after becoming engulfed in humanity’s malignance and losing sight of their purpose of existence, ultimately become deprived of meaning.

The Far Side can also be said to be an ocean that has amassed the pollutants that the Moon Cell accrues as it makes its observations.”

Other than that, the texture including the known universe does require a specific quote from 5.2, but other than that, I will see what I can look into.

Other than that, I think I should replied to a specific part of the OP’s points. Specifically the part that came from Tiamat’s Bio on NA.

That statement seems to being referencing to a more higher dimensional travel method than that of Rayshift.
Yes, it's referencing the existence of a form of travel that's even higher dimensional than it

That particular wording implies that rayshifting itself is higher dimensional, with this form of travel being at least 1 dimension higher

I reckon that is absolutely meaningless. That quite frankly isn't the only time Nasu wrote something to be "infinite whilst small". The Chaos Tide is described to be an infinite sized 4D construct but got decimated by flames from the sun.
Some correction as the text mentioned “pocket space” in 4 dimensional space to being specific.

Technically irl, the blackholes are kinda treated as 4 dimensional construct on a much smaller localized scale to being specific.

Yes, it's referencing the existence of a form of travel that's even higher dimensional than it

That particular wording implies that rayshifting itself is higher dimensional, with this form of travel being at least 1 dimension higher
I don’t mind the Rayshift shenanigans as it is a valid dimensional travel mechanic to begin with.
Also I played NA only so I ain’t that rusty with the lore in case of FGO at least.

Some correction as the text mentioned “pocket space” in 4 dimensional space to being specific.

Technically irl, the blackholes are kinda treated as 4 dimensional construct on a much smaller localized scale to being specific.
No, it's 4-D because it's done via manipulating INS.

Nevermind how space-time isn't even inhenrently 4-D anyway.
Space time not being inherently 4D? Technically I usually treated space time as 4D by default as that is usually the case and in the event it is higher than 4D, then I think it being a 5D dimensional universe or said 6D universe if it goes that far.

To make it so space time isn’t somehow 4D is kinda weird tbh.

the Mooncell's possibilities are literally real universes

Why is this still being debated upon

Gonna be honest, this is the equivalent of some non-VS Fate lore fans saying Planetary is the cap of the Gods due to the Da Vinci statement.

Therefore, I disagree vehemently with the OP due to reasons Paul, Crimson and Da Reaper have already stated.

Are you serious? Are you joking me right now? Is David Chapelle gonna jump into this thread and say "gotcha bitch"?

Chaldea is in Antartica, not some alternate dimension not connected to Earth, but Antartica. This was revealed in the Prologue of the lostbelts. You are very ill prepared for this
Actually Chaldea specifically is being protected by a machine called Chaldeas from the incineration of humanity. Also the fact that Chaldea and everyone inside of it are unaffected by changes in time (Incineration of humanity, Romani's sudden non existence, and humanity coming back from being incinerated) should already give the idea that Chaldea is also unaffected by the world getting nuked.

You see, while when talking about fiction you need to have context down. Tell me why we should assume Nasuverse's space-times are 4-D when Avalon, which is indeed effected by time to my knowledge, is 6-D?
Nice catch, the fact that Avalon has a flow of time should all the more prove it's not a higher dimensional construct.

No, he surface wiped, that's why AAS was high 6-A for a while

Decimated by the full output divine authority of Quetzlcoatl, which scales, pretty big difference there

As I said above, he surface wiped, he didn't blow up the planet, otherwise the threat of being able to punch a hole through the planet made in Solomon would make 0 sense
1. What did most of the evaporating is the attack's solar winds, not the attack's very potency itself.
2. The threat in Solomon Temple singularity is the lightbands traversing billions of years back which is why he first needed to nuke every moment of 3000 years of Earth.

Incorrect, please read the section where it mentions the mooncell removing their ability to slide when they're finally recorded. This shows that it's not a strength issue, it's a rules issue, and the only reason they're able to is because they're not recorded, and the instant they are, they'll be subject to the rules. This is why in game, they had to try and slide the instant an outcome was reached, so there would be no recording or QTL
You're really telling me I am incorrect when the passage straight up says, "The Umbral Star's spiritron cells, which run through their bodies, strengthen their very existence" ? I reckon the reason why being recorded slowly gets rid of their ability to slide is because it slowly undoes the strengthening the Umbral Star does.

This is a lot of explanation to say a whole lot of nothing at all, so I'm not sure what to address here. Rayshifting is projecting the soul into the past since time travel is normally impossible, okay?

Although if you want to mention rayshifting, this directly goes against your ideas of spiritons being unable to cross some space time barrier and leave their time axis, because, funnily enough, singularities are explicitly not in the same temporal axis as us. What does this mean? It means that they're crossing these supposed impenetrable space time barriers every time they rayshift, which provides even more proof, ontop of the text outright saying this, that it's a rules issue in the mooncell, not a power one.
You actually need a strong existence in order to rayshift hence why not everybody can do it. Also being on a different time axis especially in the context of Chaldea does not mean they're on a separate space-time continuum. For the entirety of FGO Part 1 the flow of time is distorted, Goetia created the singularities to distort time so that when he was going to nuke the Earth for every moment of 3000 years, the Earths' destruction from the past will not affect Earth from the present and future. Basically if he didn't distort time then the only energy he'll accumulate is from Earth's destruction in the past since there is no longer any energy to accumulate in the present and future since again Earth got nuked in the past.

Rayshifting allows the person to traverse through that distorted flow of time but not go through the walls of the space-time continuum. Hence also why it is extra risky for Fujimaru to rayshift to Solomon's Temple being straight up outside of space-time, and was only able to rayshift in and out of it through one specific point of the whole place.

I explained this in my response, but seeing as you missed it, the text you posted as evidence for this point says the results are stored
The results, or as other parts of Extra mention, records, are just that. The completed records/results of a finished world, not the actual, very visibly present, universes, but the ended one and the compilation of its events.
That makes things worse, It went from storing simulations to only storing results. And so far the point still stands that those legit parallel space-times are not inside the Moon Cell.

Ok so basically..
Your words > text from a material book licensed and published by XSEED Games and Marvelous USA, inc

What is spoonfed to you is that the universe doesn't want to waste energy producing more dead end worlds, the proliferation, the process of making them, is repeatedly said to be the issue, and the other thing I mentioned from the Compiled Events section of the mats further says this, basically saying that it just doesn't want to waste energy on making outcomes which are certain. It's not the number, and thus the numerous statements that give us an infinite number can hold up, as they're never said to be the issue.
Is that what, "in essence, the universe has a finite amount of energy to spend maintaining each parallel world" means? literally straight up spoon fed to us "finite energy".

The recordings being about human history says nothing about the amount of energy, nor does it being able to predict the future in most situations. Even for a second assuming it has finite energy and thus can't have infinite universes because reasons, the mats you linked explicitly tell us it can affect the outside world when wished on.

Do you remember Twice's use of it in Last Encore? To end all parallel worlds, which would affect the outside too, as per his goal. So it would be able to affect the infinite parallel worlds outside the mooncell as well, which proves it does have enough energy for infinite universes.

Do you see why your argument here doesn't hold up?
The recordings being explicitly about human history and only able to predict the future in most cases are limitations to the recordings. Human history is bound to end therefore those simulations have an end point. Predicting the future in most cases suggests it can't predict all which outright disregards the idea of it even having infinite possibilities inside.

You mean when Twice was just trying to shut down the Moon Cell which in turn also shuts down the simulations? Which also happens to be the context behind the whole "all parallel worlds will be eliminated" statement? Twice was literally only affecting the Moon Cell's simulations.

No, this is supported by quite literally nothing. They are different worlds, that have the same or similar events leading up to their divergence, this is explicitly stated to be the case for parallel worlds, or similar ones, as when Nasu said this was the case for Stay Night (the same until Shirou makes certain choices), Clock Tower and FGO (same until Lev kills himself), etc. They aren't one timeline, they're multiple ones with similar events, which funnily enough, is shown by our good friend Archimedes sliding, or Zelretch hopping between them or observing them, or the numerous other examples of this stuff
Going from sheer fact that the compiled events are addressed as "universe", it be pretty stupid if they were calling multiple space-times as a "universe". Also bringing up Nasu's words regarding his other works doesn't hold any weight given literally on the very first line of this passage we are told that this specifically is what the characters in Fate/EX meant by "parallel worlds". What's the point of specifying Fate/EX if it isn't even going to be different from the rest?

Trimmed events are trimmed branch timelines, compiled events are untrimmed branch timelines.

Also I renounce my words regarding Archimedes' sliding, he isn't going through straight up space-time continuums, he is actually just going through different branch of timelines. Also what's the purpose of bringing up Zelretch? he isn't a part of Fate/EX series so whatever "parallel world" statement there is about him obviously isn't supposed to be taken the same way "parallel world" statements in Fate/EX are taken.

I explained the light thing twice now, so I won't do it again, but not having a similar history is not a requirement for parallel worlds, otherwise you're saying that anything with MWI is all one timeline/universe because they have similar histories up to a point
What I am saying is that in Fate/EX the branching timelines are what is being addressed as "parallel worlds" despite not being actual parallel worlds as per the entirety of Fate's concept of parallel worlds, I only used the Illyaverse and Miyuverse example because the situation of those two worlds are the perfect examples of what can count as an actual legit parallel world as per Fate/EX's take on "parallel worlds".

I tried my best to make this part make sense xd

Because he didn't blow up the planet, correct, there's no refutation of it. Goetia surface wiped and started his ritual, then he was stopped

Lostbelt 5.2 then tells us about the known universe being part of the texture, there are no issues here unless you purposely misinterpret what Goetia did in a completely illogical fashion
Goetia nuked Earth for every moment of 3000 years to accumulate enough energy that will allow his lightbands to traverse all the way back to when Earth was made.

Da Vinci straight up said the incineration of humanity destroyed the world
We know that Chaldea exists from a different time-axis so there should be no doubt as to why it is still standing despite the Earth getting nuked.

For some reason one-time brought up statements like 8D Moon Cell and 6D Avalon should be taken on face value but when a not-so-far-fetched "the world got destroyed" statement is brought it, no it's not true.

Don't bother, I'm sure the others here will destroy your arguments instantly

I can't believe we're seriously going back to "Nasuverse caps at 4-B" again

Does Space Ishtar and Kama just NOT exist to you???

Don't bother, I'm sure the others here will destroy your arguments instantly

I can't believe we're seriously going back to "Nasuverse caps at 4-B" again

Does Space Ishtar and Kama just NOT exist to you???
I am not saying Nasuverse caps at 4B...

I am saying that the Moon Cell and Avalon arguments aren't what places characters to insane tiers.

Nice catch, the fact that Avalon has a flow of time should all the more prove it's not a higher dimensional construct.

Time ain't automatically 4-D mate. If we have reason to believe otherwise we will believe otherwise. And Nasuverse has most definitely given us reason to believe otherwise.

You wanna know the funny thing about all of your arguments? The Moon Cell would still be 2-A at least. Infinite universes.

Also, the only, and I mean the ONLY reason Nasuverse ever had 2-As is because we didn't know how the dimensions worked until an essay of a CRT was made to show that the dimensions fit our standards. And as such 6-D Avalon/Earth and 8-D at most Moon Cell are what we accept today.

At least 2-A Nasuverse is set in stone and there isn't a damn thing you can really do about it.

At this point I'm convinced nothing said here is going to convince you but here we go
Actually Chaldea specifically is being protected by a machine called Chaldeas from the incineration of humanity. Also the fact that Chaldea and everyone inside of it are unaffected by changes in time (Incineration of humanity, Romani's sudden non existence, and humanity coming back from being incinerated) should already give the idea that Chaldea is also unaffected by the world getting nuked.
Still doesn't mean the Earth was blown up, something proven by the planet existing still
Or, maybe, just maybe, higher d things can be "affected by time" to make fictional stories work. Its also explicitly not affected by time as in our timelines btw, its disconnected from time which is why Merlin's able to watch and interact with us in different points in time than where he should be timeline wise
1. What did most of the evaporating is the attack's solar winds, not the attack's very potency itself.
2. The threat in Solomon Temple singularity is the lightbands traversing billions of years back which is why he first needed to nuke every moment of 3000 years of Earth.
1. Okay, and? Even assuming it was the attack's solar winds this suddenly means it wasn't her full output authority despite it being said it was? This remark makes no sense.
2. There was another one that mentioned him punching a hole through the planet iirc, which is where the rating even comes from to begin with. And he didn't nuke Earth at every moment for 3000 years, he burned human history, humans, on the surface, which he wiped. Why would blowing up the planet get him energy when we're told its only the burning of history, he had no reason to just pop the planet from the start, and he didn't.
You're really telling me I am incorrect when the passage straight up says, "The Umbral Star's spiritron cells, which run through their bodies, strengthen their very existence" ? I reckon the reason why being recorded slowly gets rid of their ability to slide is because it slowly undoes the strengthening the Umbral Star does.
Yes I'm telling you that's incorrect when the passage then goes on to mention its because they aren't recorded. Your assumption of "recording undoes the strengthening" makes 0 sense because that means the mooncell could just repeatedly record Sefar until she goes away or is nerfed enough to be easily killed, rather than having to seal her in the Zero Dark. It's much easier to assume, as the text basically outright says, them not being recorded allows them to shift and being recorded gets rid of that ability, because its a privlege and normally against the mooncell's rules
You actually need a strong existence in order to rayshift hence why not everybody can do it. Also being on a different time axis especially in the context of Chaldea does not mean they're on a separate space-time continuum. For the entirety of FGO Part 1 the flow of time is distorted, Goetia created the singularities to distort time so that when he was going to nuke the Earth for every moment of 3000 years, the Earths' destruction from the past will not affect Earth from the present and future. Basically if he didn't distort time then the only energy he'll accumulate is from Earth's destruction in the past since there is no longer any energy to accumulate in the present and future since again Earth got nuked in the past.
It does mean that though lol. They're explicitly not in the same time axis as the rest of the timeline, and Chaldea is also not in the same time axis as the rest of the timeline or the singularities. Double barrier crossing action.
The explanation you gave here doesn't explain at all why being in a different time axis means its somehow the same exact spacetime either, you just explained Goetia's plan to accumulate energy from human history to rewind time
Rayshifting allows the person to traverse through that distorted flow of time but not go through the walls of the space-time continuum. Hence also why it is extra risky for Fujimaru to rayshift to Solomon's Temple being straight up outside of space-time, and was only able to rayshift in and out of it through one specific point of the whole place.
Wha

So suddenly, travling from outside the time axis to another one outside of the normal one is suddenly not going through the walls of space time, but only possible because Goetia was messing with the human order foundations?
That makes things worse, It went from storing simulations to only storing results. And so far the point still stands that those legit parallel space-times are not inside the Moon Cell.
No, it means that it has the simulations, and the light in the core that Twice mentioned is the results, I'm almost convinced you're purposely misreading whats being said at this point. Nothing you've said says that legit parallel space times aren't inside the mooncell without grossly misinterpreting this specific quote, disregarding the showings of them being there, etc
Ok so basically..
Your words > text from a material book licensed and published by XSEED Games and Marvelous USA, inc
Not my words, the fact that the japanese text outright doesn't say what you're saying though, yes.
Is that what, "in essence, the universe has a finite amount of energy to spend maintaining each parallel world" means? literally straight up spoon fed to us "finite energy".
As I said, this line is not in the original text, here's what that part says when translated from the Japanese version

"However, as the unrestricted propagation of this process would exhaust the lifespan of the universe, at set intervals, those extraneous worldsroutes (世界ルート, sekairu-to?) removed of the category of "routes characterized by survivability and stability" are culled (伐採, basai, lit. "cull" / "prune"), so as to prevent the needless expenditure of energy."

So yeah, as I said, its the propagation, not the number, the text then goes on to say that it culls the worlds it does because they lack the ability to branch, as the outcomes are decided, so it culls them to not waste the energy of creating more dead worlds
The recordings being explicitly about human history and only able to predict the future in most cases are limitations to the recordings. Human history is bound to end therefore those simulations have an end point. Predicting the future in most cases suggests it can't predict all which outright disregards the idea of it even having infinite possibilities inside.
Assuming the recordings end the instant human history does, sure, they'd have an end point, this directly goes against the fact it was set up to watch the World, not just humans, but still. This means what though? The simulations ending and then being recorded means there aren't infinite because...?

Predicting the future in most cases doesn't mean it can't have infinite possibilities what. It just means it can't predict certain things such as, oh I don't know, actions related to Velber, which it explicitly can't even scan maybe. Maybe, just maybe, they included that line, in the game about Velber, because that's the unique case where it can't predict the future, unlike the Extra mats (where Velber isn't in) which never mentions this "in most cases" thing, and just outright says it makes definite predictions about everything and has now understood the workings of the planet and observes all things to be fair.
You mean when Twice was just trying to shut down the Moon Cell which in turn also shuts down the simulations? Which also happens to be the context behind the whole "all parallel worlds will be eliminated" statement? Twice was literally only affecting the Moon Cell's simulations.
No, Twice explicitly wanted to end the outside world too, because it was a dead end and he hated jt. He was just going to end all the parallel worlds, ours and the mooncells as well, which we know is what would happen as per your own mats which say it affects the outside too.
Going from sheer fact that the compiled events are addressed as "universe", it be pretty stupid if they were calling multiple space-times as a "universe". Also bringing up Nasu's words regarding his other works doesn't hold any weight given literally on the very first line of this passage we are told that this specifically is what the characters in Fate/EX meant by "parallel worlds". What's the point of specifying Fate/EX if it isn't even going to be different from the rest?
Universe was originally Sekai there, World. The World is an overarching term in Nasu, which includes things like Gaia, Alaya, the entire multiverse, etc. Its not supposed to mean the universe has multiple timelines in it, it means The World, has multiple space times.

Them saying thats what Fate/EX means by parallel worlds means nothing when its the exact same rules across other works too, and Nasu straight up has a wog statement saying that rules work the same across entries. They aren't saying "this is how it works only in Fate/EX" so I'm not sure why you assume that. In fact, the mooncell having this weird version where everything is one universe makes even less sense when you look at the mats and statements which tell us that the Mooncell's processes are copied from the World's after it observed them.

Trimmed events are trimmed branch timelines, compiled events are untrimmed branch timelines.

Also I renounce my words regarding Archimedes' sliding, he isn't going through straight up space-time continuums, he is actually just going through different branch of timelines. Also what's the purpose of bringing up Zelretch? he isn't a part of Fate/EX series so whatever "parallel world" statement there is about him obviously isn't supposed to be taken the same way "parallel world" statements in Fate/EX are taken.
Backtracking yikes
So now he's just going through different branches of a single timeline, and no statements besides Fate/EX ones (and only certain ones at that) matter because no other rules apply to these worlds, I'll just have to point you to my above questionings and arguments against this logic
Goetia nuked Earth for every moment of 3000 years to accumulate enough energy that will allow his lightbands to traverse all the way back to when Earth was made.

Da Vinci straight up said the incineration of humanity destroyed the world
We know that Chaldea exists from a different time-axis so there should be no doubt as to why it is still standing despite the Earth getting nuked.

For some reason one-time brought up statements like 8D Moon Cell and 6D Avalon should be taken on face value but when a not-so-far-fetched "the world got destroyed" statement is brought it, no it's not true.
Destroy the world doesn't always mean popped the planet, in fact it rarely means that. Also, this is Da Vinci, miss "no Noble Phantasm could destroy the planet"

Why on earth would she say that if she just saw one do that very thing

Yes, statements that are substantiated by the series by repeated explanations of higher dimensions should be taken at face value, and an interpretation of a statement, that is outright contradicted by literally everything, should not be taken as true

Last edited:
You are correct. If a better translation is made we will go with that one. The Japanese translators here have translated it differently, and in fact, mistranslation is quite infamous in regards to Fate, Shimousa is mistranslated also lol
Tbf, the scan being shown is that of a guidebook that mentions Nasu as the supervisor…. That make it actually reliable.

English Shimousa is infamously mistranslated.

Maybe? I dunno.
Yeah, but there is the fact English Shimosa has been used.

One good example is being used in this thread: https://vsbattles.com/threads/minor-revision-for-musashi-and-kojiro.125984/

Specifically the scans used for immeasurable speed with specific characters.

Other than that, I should note they can correct errors for the translation. (The in game update sections has some mentions of corrections like the Xiang Yu’s skill being mistaken for invul, but gets corrected to invul pierce.)

Just because something is officially translated don't mean is completely accurate (or even accurate at all), that's a common thing in general and there exist several examples.

Right now the first example I can think is the translation to spanish of Persona 5 Royal, in the official translation to spanish there are several errors that can vary from minor yet obvious things, for example, in english do to the grammar of the language a skill could be named Fire Ball, but in spanish that's grammatically incorrect do to the rules language, so the name in spanish would be Fire ball (actually it would be Bola de fuego but to understand the example I put it that way), in general things like titles/headlines just have capital letter in the first word, that's common sense to anyone actually know spanish and yet the official translations did that.

There are also things like translate phrases in ways that no person who speak spanish would say, Ryuji for example talk most of the game like a sort of old man or a character from a very old caricature, you will NEVER hear someone say in a real conversation something like 'Me piro vampiro' (In english it would mean I go vampire, a saying really old that you realistically could only hear in caricatures from the past century), yet the character say it several times in the game do to the translation, and many more absurd things like this.

If the translation based in the english version of the game ended like this, I think is pretty obvious that a translation from a much more complex language like japanese could end pretty bad. So just the argument of something be officially translated don't actually mean is a good translation, at all.

Just because something is officially translated don't mean is completely accurate (or even accurate at all), that's a common thing in general and there exist several examples.
While this is true, it doesn’t mean all official translations can’t been used especially if it happens to being supported by a author of all people that wrote the fictional works they made for that matter.

Other than that, I am pretty much neutral to this overall.

While this is true, it doesn’t mean all official translations can’t been used especially if it happens to being supported by a author of all people that wrote the fictional works they made for that matter.

Other than that, I am pretty much neutral to this overall.
I don't say that they can't be used, just that one can't believe in them blindly, if there are reasons to doubt the reliability of the translation then is needed to confirm by checking the raws and others translations that there could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back