• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Destiny Stasis Revision

What's the revision about?​

In Destiny 2: Beyond Light a new element was introduced to the game: Stasis. Unlike the other three elements, which are manifestations of the Light, Stasis is a manifestation of Darkness and it's the opposite of Solar.

Solar Light focuses on controlling bosons and the emission of energy. Its properties result in the increase of entropy in a system.

Stasis does the opposite. It takes away energy and as a result reduces the entropy in a system. (Though this oversimplifies things.)

On the surface Stasis merely creates crystalline structures and freezes things. This would seem like heat and ice manipulation, but it’s explicitly not ice.

I believe that Stasis creates perfect crystals. LettuceDifferent5104 explains this well in two reddit posts. Since they do not provide links for all of the lore pieces, I will do so in this revision.

Where are the scans?​

Stasis isn’t ice.

Negentropy is an attribute of the Darkness. (These describe the Sword Logic and the Bomb Logic. The Sword Logic is a power of Darkness. These are just two examples to back up Lettuce's claims.)

Clarity defies Noether’s Theorem. (Clovis Bray’s analysis can be trusted as he’s the most / second most intelligent human in the setting.)

Clarity is not always symmetrical. It violates time reversibility.

Why do we exist? How did that original low-entropy state come to be?

Any other evidence?​

Extra evidence:

So what's being changed?​

* So Stasis users get Quantum Manipulation, Energy Manipulation and Absolute Zero. They would also get Power Nullification as Stasis can shut off movement abilities.

“Slow will shut off combatants’ movement abilities and slow their movement.” - Update notes

* The only page that gets stasis abilities currently is the Warlock.

* This also means characters get a new resistance. Every in-game combatant can break out of and survive being frozen by Stasis if they’re left alone. Bosses can’t be frozen in their entirety and they can’t be shattered. And some characters are just completely immune to Stasis.

As such everyone gets a Resistance to Absolute Zero. If people think it should only be a Limited Resistance for non-bosses and non-immune characters that’s fine too. Bosses and immune characters get a full resistance for sure.

* The Warlock needs a “Stasis Subclasses” key. They also have some extra abilities besides the core powers of Stasis.

“Unleash a powerful shockwave that shatters nearby frozen targets.”
- Vibration Manipulation

“A grenade that freezes on impact and sends another seeker to find and freeze targets.”

“Shattering a frozen target spawns seekers that track and freeze other nearby targets.”

- Homing Attack

TL;DR?​

In conclusion:
  • The core abilities of Stasis are Quantum Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Absolute Zero and Power Nullification.
  • Warlock gets a “Stasis Subclasses” key with the following abilities: Quantum Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Absolute Zero, Power Nullification, Vibration Manipulation and Homing attack.
  • Everyone gets Resistance/Limited Resistance to Absolute Zero.
  • Bosses and characters with immunity get a full/better Resistance to Absolute Zero.

Last edited:
We already discussed this and you already know I agree with all of the changes, although for resistances I think those that are affected should get a limited resistance while those that are completely unaffected should get a full resistance.

And what do you think of the limited / full resistance to absolute zero? Which one seems more fitting?

I'd say limited. A Guardian can still get shattered by another Guardian using Stasis, after all.

Maybe when I've done the ability revision part 1 and made profiles for Minotaurs, Psions, The Nine and two of Calus' Shadows.

I’m pretty sure not being able to freeze bosses is a game mechanic so why would it be immunity or resistance?

As for guardians they’re easily killed in the crucible via stasis. They show no resistance to it whatsoever.

Also why would it be power nullification? Being frozen generally means you can’t move at all. I don’t see why say a Hunter being unable to do his dodge means he’s power nulled.

Why would it be a game mechanic? It's literally part of the campaign. You fight Eramis with Stasis and yet she's not frozen until the Darkness itself freezes her. It's not contradicted by lore, in fact only backed up, and it would be consistent with other showings of bosses having special resistances. No one said anything about characters getting immunity to absolute zero. There's character in-game who have immunity and they would simply get resistance, not immunity.

They can break out and survive absolute zero when normally that's 100% deadly. Hence a limited resistance.

Alright, thank you. Unless there's further contention, I'll apply the changes this week.

Back