• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't Yog-Sothoth more-so be "At least 2-A"? Assuming Akuto's stuff is agreed upon, "infinitesimal" doesn't necessarily mean the difference would be as large as 4-D to 5-D, but rather, just extremely large. Idk if viewing the verse as a dream would warrant that large of a difference either.

ZeroTC01 said:
Wouldn't Yog-Sothoth more-so be "At least 2-A"? Assuming Akuto's stuff is agreed upon, "infinitesimal" doesn't necessarily mean the difference would be as large as 4-D to 5-D, but rather, just extremely large. Idk if viewing the verse as a dream would warrant that large of a difference either.
Viewing all of existence and non-existence, including the infinite primordial Chaos from which all of creation spawned as the most infintesimal parts of oneself is very much enough for Low 1-C. A verse doesn't need to explicitly mention uncountable degrees of infinity for qualitative superiority to be implied. Likewise, Azathoth viewing the verse as a fictious dream is enough to imply transcendence over the verse.

Uh, the "infinitesimal" thing doesn't have any scan or proof attached to it, so it may not even be a thing.

I'll go recheck this part too.

Also Azathoth viewing the verse as a dream isn't really transcendence in a way. He was sealed by the "dreamed" things and was even killed by Vortex Blaster. Also everything is made of Azathoth and is supposed to disappear if he wakes up or die, but DYN Freak and Vortex Blaster still exist without any problem. Just "reality is your dream" always looked as a creation feat to me rather than a transcendence feat, especially when your true self is in the dream.

So, I rechecked this scene too (it was the one just before, so I'm glad not to have searched for hours):

The "infinitesimal" thing we're talking about? It's stated nowhere.

Yog-Sothoth is the "New World/Other World" (in context, it mean Multiverse btw), which was summoned by Master Therion. What Yog did was trying to "overwrite" the current Multiverse with himself, while also opening the Gate between the 2 Multiverse.

For Chaos, see what I said before. And non-existence was just mentionned one time without any precision.

So while the statements we currently had indicated something like Low 1-C or possibly Low 1-C, there's in truth nothing which would confirm anything beyond 2-A/At least 2-A.

Is somebody willing and able to apply the agreed upon edits?

I can apply for 2-A and remove the false parts.

However what was agreed was more the Low 1-C, which, like I explained after rewatching, would just be wrong, so Idk if I can apply what I explained yet.

I honestly agree on the 2-A downgrade even if it seems to lack a bit of context and evidence, i remember verses with more stuff being refused 2-A rating before due to a lack of clear cut stuff.

With the stuff YuriAkuto confirmed to be false, low 1-C sound outright false and unsupported to me, 2-A work better.

Not an expert but that's my conclusion after reading this thread.

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
I agree with Dragomer. From what I've seen, I think 2-A can be applied and perhaps Yog-Sothoth and Azathoth could have an "At least 2-A" statistic.
Seems fine to me. Btw just remembered that Nya is stated to not be able to touch Shining Trapezohedron, so I think I'll possibly change her justification a little to match this fact.

Btw, what should we do for the profiles so bad they need a whole change or the pilotes?

I can apply the changes for those agreed upon while we discuss these.

I guess what's been agreed upon can be added. If it's fine I can apply the agreed upon changes to the verse page while you work on the profiles. The debatable stuff can be left alone for now since the framework of the cosmology seems to be agreed upon. What do you think?

Seems fine to me, tho I would ask for the deletion of the pilotes profiles.

Also for:

"Finally, the Outer and Elder Gods exist beyond all of existence, transcending space and time, causality, all concepts and all information, existing in the primordial Chaos from which all originate."

"Beyond all of existence" [...] "all concepts", and "all information" should just be removed, since it's wrong and misleading.

"The highest Outer and Elder Gods, Yog-Sothoth and Elder God Demonbane, are immeasurably above regular deities" should add "above regular deities such as Chtulhu", since it's what Kurou compared the Outer Gods to.

"with Yog-Sothoth being the totality of existence, nonexistence and of the primal chaos, rendering all lesser deities infinitesimally small portions of itself"

Should just be "with Yog-Sothoth being the Other/New World, Outer Gods' original Multiverse which has twisted laws of physics in it" or something like this.

I'll let you handle the rest for the main page, and I'll do the profiles like you said.

Could you please unlock the verse page? I think I can at least start with that now that I know everything I need to.

You need to write a list of all the '''exact''' page titles for my automated script to be able to unlock them all.

Shining Trapezohedron

Demonbane (Zanma Taisei)

Nyarlathotep (Demonbane

Yog-Sothoth (Demonbane)

Azathoth (Demonbane)

Liber Legis (Zanma Taisei)

Elder God Demonbane

Augustus

Al Azif

Demonbane Two Sword

Kurou Daijuuji

YuriAkuto said:
So, I rechecked this scene too (it was the one just before, so I'm glad not to have searched for hours):
The "infinitesimal" thing we're talking about? It's stated nowhere.

Yog-Sothoth is the "New World/Other World" (in context, it mean Multiverse btw), which was summoned by Master Therion. What Yog did was trying to "overwrite" the current Multiverse with himself, while also opening the Gate between the 2 Multiverse.

For Chaos, see what I said before. And non-existence was just mentionned one time without any precision.

So while the statements we currently had indicated something like Low 1-C or possibly Low 1-C, there's in truth nothing which would confirm anything beyond 2-A/At least 2-A.
So just to be clear, was the multiverse actually spawned from the primal Chaos or is just another misinterpretation?

Planck69 said:
So just to be clear, was the multiverse actually spawned from the primal Chaos or is just another misinterpretation?
It's more implied that the primal Chaos is the original state of the Multiverse, so in a sense "spawned" may not be the right word.

Ah, OK. Btw, what do you think of the new Dembane verse page? Is it accurate or do I need to fix a few things?

It seems fine to me. However I'm pretty sure that the link for Klein Bottles is the description used for Shining Trapezohedron.

I think so, yes. Maybe the description should talk about the fact that it's a time-looped universe stuff too (see the explanation blog).

Does the looping still result in a multiversal structure or not? If it's the latter then I might as well remove that part of the description otherwise it can lead to people assuming they're Low 2-C.

Heh, from High 1-A to Low 2-C. RIP.

Planck69 said:
Does the looping still result in a multiversal structure or not? If it's the latter then I might as well remove that part of the description otherwise it can lead to people assuming they're Low 2-C.
Heh, from High 1-A to Low 2-C. RIP.
The loop itself technically is multiversal I guess? Like, since it "rewinds" everything, it would logically include Demonbane and Liber Legis fighting accross different universes.

I think I would say 2-A or "Low 2-C, possibly 2-A", tho sticking with 2-A seems better now.

And yeah, RIP Demonbane.

Overlord775 said:
weren't they ment to be scaled to the Shining Trapezohedron, which is powered by infinite universes or something ?
Only Zanma Taisei's last key and possibly Nya should scale. Tho the others have 2-A feats, which is why they stay at this tier.

Can I just delete Kurou and Al Azif's Strange Aeons key? Kurou's one isn't even his personnal feats, and Al Azif basically scale to him.

YuriAkuto said:
Can I just delete Kurou and Al Azif's Strange Aeons key? Kurou's one isn't even his personnal feats, and Al Azif basically scale to him.
I am not well-informed enough to evaluate that.

Anyway, please make sure to hold a high editing standard, and to update the tier categories at the bottom of the pages as well.

Common Editing Mistakes

Did everything but Kurou and Al Azif. I'll either wait to see if others agree with deleting the keys, or just search for scans that could justificate a level for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back