• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, would it be something like "At least 2-A, possibly Low 1-C" or just Low 1-C?

Btw, since Jin's statements kinda confirm this tier, should we still ignore them or use them as proof?

Don't think the "At least" is needed here so I'd say just Low 1-C is good. The Elder God Demonbane page should also be deleted imo since it's not even from Zanmataisei but from Kishin Hishou which is untranslated and I don't thin we can tier it properly.

I think that Sleepy has read Kishin Hoshou.

What did Sleepy think? Also, would somebody experienced be willing to properly apply these changes?

haha! Always two steps ahead

But, yeah. I honestly don't have much constructive to add to this. I agree with the downgrade, and Low 1-C seems reasonable.

Thank you. We need help with properly applying the changes though.

My apologies if it seems I'm "necroing" this thread, but it doesn't seem that the agreed upon changes have been applied yet.

Yeah you're right.

I don't know what justification we could make for Low 1-C, since the scans for it don't really look this tier I think.

However it seems pretty easy to make for 2-A, if it can be used as supporting feats.

Can somebody ask Sleepy (and possibly other knowledgeable members) to help us out with writing up proper justifications for the statistics in this thread that we can then use for editing the profiles?

The Demonbane Explanation Page also needs to be updated.

Didn't people already asked them?

The only thing that bother me is that the (only) scan for Low 1-C in this thread doesn't seems to mention any form of transcendence (the one sent by Viddugamee), which mean that using it for a Low 1-C justification seems pretty hard.

Otherwise we pretty much already have everything to make a (possibly temporary) justification for "At least 2-A" I think.

Well, perhaps you could ask all of them again, as we seem to need their help, especially with the explanation page? You can tell them that I would appreciate their help.

The only active knowledgeable member seems to be Matthew (since Sleepy said that he was too busy), so I'll ask him.

While I'm not an absolute expert of Demonbane, I think I can help for the page too.

You should preferably ask all of the members that you know as being knowledgeable about Demonbane, including Sleepy. He doesn't have to edit all of the pages himself, but we do need some kind of outline from him.

See here for a list: Demonbane (Verse)

Antvasima said:
You should preferably ask all of the members that you know as being knowledgeable about Demonbane, including Sleepy. He doesn't have to edit all of the pages himself, but we do need some kind of outline from him.
See here for a list: Demonbane (Verse)
I already looked, and everyone except Matthew (and Sleepy) are inactive. I'll ask Sleepy too.

From what I see in the thread, others agreed because of the scan talking about Nyarlathotep being chaos and all. However I don't see anything saying that it transcends the Multivers.

Since the main plot of Demonbane is basically that the Court was sealed by Shining Trapezohedron, which use infinite universes, it seems kind of weird.

I think they should more be 2-As with immeasurable speed, like Sonic.

Also, here some possible justifications for the profiles:

Shining Trapezohedron: (Turn infinite parallel universes into a barrier to seal the opponent , and can also be used to create and destroy new ones)

Demonbane (Zanma Taisei) 1-A key: (Absorbed the energy of two Shining Trapezohedrons andbroke free of Nyarlathotep 's Klein Bottle)

Nyarlathotep: (Overpowering her Klein Bottle needed the energy of two Shining Trapezohedrons . Is Chaos itself from where all things first emerged.)

Yog Sothoth: (Can alter the entire multiverse. Encompasses all of space and time , including past, present, and future)

Azathoth: (All of creation is part of his dream, and his awakening will cause everything to vanish. Everything in the world is Azathoth. )

However his durability justification should just disappear or be changed to something else, since the "unable to be killed" isn't true because of Vortex Blaster killing him.

Liber Legis can keep his current justification.

And the others profiles are either so bad that they need more than this or just based on something else in the case of most of the pilotes (Kurou's feats are mecha's ones).

I personally never had an issue with 1-A Demonbane. From what I read I think transcendence over space-time / dimensions was heavily implied and suggested.

The Light Novels do have an 1-C feat even at the most lowballed when Mars Demonbane gets really friggin' big.

Outer Chaos / Outer Voids, Higher Dimensional Planes and other things are also suggested and there's also concepts from Theosophy used.

Would you mind elaborating?

I think some of this would surely be enough to suggest transcendence over space-time, but I'm not certain about dimensions, and that'd be far more important to properly justify a 1-A rating.

Higher Dimensional Planes and Voids don't really mean much on their own, and simply using concepts from Theosophy doesn't seem like it'd be enough evidence on it's own (after all, many CRTs attempting to scale fictional figures based on the meanings behind real life concepts have been rejected before).

If they have a 1-C feat when lowballed that they can be scaled to, then that's probably fair for an "At least 1-C" rating. But it doesn't seem like there's that much that's been mentioned so far that would justify a 1-A rating.

I'm pretty that just "suggested" isn't enough for 1-A. We refused a tons of them for reasons more clear and legit than Demonbane.

Even more with the new "criterias" for rating and Demonbane leaving a lots of things vague or using them as figure of speech more than half of the time.

It was agreed that the LN shouldn't be used, but yeah Mars Demonbane has a possible Low 1-C feat (altough not translated from the main source).

I agree with Dark on the rest.

What we need the most are the feats themselves and concrete explanations I think.

@Matthew & DarkGrath

Thank you for helping out.

Btw, what do you think of the (likely temporary) justifications I proposed?

I guess Yuri's justifications seem fine for said profiles. "At least 1-C" seems fine too.

Though we will still need input on the explanation page.

I would greatly appreciate further help from Sleepy and staff members here.

Perhaps somebody could also ask VenomElite to help out?

I can bring some sense here.

I was searching twitter and found this

Dude asked Úï╝Õ▒ïÒé©Òâ│ (author of Demonbane) that is EDG a beyond concept of spatial dimensions, and author answered that he is not (bcs he didn't remember his series good)

After this user attached this scan and asked again.

So authod missed context or just translated it bad, but later he accepted his mistake.

All in all, this scan is about spatial dimensions, so 1-A tiering should be stayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back