• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer: Pretty big downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP looks fine, but what are the other discussions about?
The downgrade to the low tiers discussed in the OP were agreed upon pretty quickly.
But then it turned into questioning the 100x multiplier and whether Doma’s physicals should actually scale off the ice statue or not

I thought this thread was gonna be simple and short

I also thought that the OP seemed to make sense.

It's really hard to tell what's a crater, what's an impact line and what's water so, idk

In the anime the scene is very different and the angle is horrible
Screenshot_20210801-222044.png

Last edited:
You might get slightly higher depth with those stones but the width is way smaller so it would end up lower.

Stumbled upon this thread, and if calcs need to be done, I have free time. I can take care of those if need be.

Starting with this
  • It is not possible to see Spider Fater's feet
  • Spider Fater's leg is kneeling. So it is impossible for the line to be straight
  • This does not show the complete body of the tree. Use this scene if you are calculating
  • Why 965Kg/m^3? It is better to use this table and try to identify a species similar to the tree
Now this
  • Visibly Tanjiro's body is not 3.64951227716 times smaller than the size of crater
  • Body position sucks the art is sucks. Better to use Tanjiro's head for measurement
  • It is possible to calculate the crater depth using a method similar to this
  • You need to find the distance between the demon and Tanjiro
EDIT: You also don't calculate the volume of a cylinder using the circumference

Last edited:
Starting with this
  • It is not possible to see Spider Fater's feet
  • Spider Fater's leg is kneeling. So it is impossible for the line to be straight
  • This does not show the complete body of the tree. Use this scene if you are calculating
  • Why 965Kg/m^3? It is better to use this table and try to identify a species similar to the tree
Now this
  • Visibly Tanjiro's body is not 3.64951227716 times smaller than the size of crater
  • Body position sucks the art is sucks. Better to use Tanjiro's head for measurement
  • It is possible to calculate the crater depth using a method similar to this
  • You need to find the distance between the demon and Tanjiro
EDIT: You also don't calculate the volume of a cylinder using the circumference
Addressing these:

First feat:
  • Didn't think the spider father's feet would make up much of his height, and I wasn't sure how much would be taken off.
  • I didn't see this before, so I can edit that.
  • That's why I used an assumption of 3/4 being what's shown, but thanks for the scan.
  • That's the density value I've been seeing so I just went with that. Not really sure what species would match this.
  • I wasn't trying to get the circumference. I see why you thought that but that wasn't what I was going for.
Second feat:
  • I was weirded out too, not gonna lie.
  • I think that body position is why the results are the way they are. I'll use his head.
  • I'm guessing the blue line is the depth in this case. I'll try that out. Also, I think I'll use a cylinder in that case.
  • Again, I'm guessing because that can be used to find depth.
I'll edit the calcs based on these, so thanks for the help.

That's the density value I've been seeing so I just went with that. Not really sure what species would match this.
Oak must be a good type to use
I wasn't trying to get the circumference.
But you have calculated the circumference. This is the diameter, what you have calculated is the circumference
I was weirded out too, not gonna lie.
I get less than 2 meters using your pixelscale. But whatever
I'm guessing the blue line is the depth in this case. I'll try that out. Also, I think I'll use a cylinder in that case.
Something like this

Oak must be a good type to use
Got 600 to 900 kg/meters^3, so I used an average of 750 kg/meters^3
But you have calculated the circumference. This is the diameter, what you have calculated is the circumference
Again, it wasn't my intention, but I updated the calc to fix this and I understand why you say this.
I get less than 2 meters using your pixelscale. But whatever

Something like this
Yeah, just like I was thinking. I updated this calc too. Both are still 9-A

Based on this, those who scale to the 100x multiplier would be 2.6 tons (Large Building level) and those that scale to the additional 4x multiplier would be 10.4 tons (Large Building level+)

You would need to measure Tanjiro's head with something like this

The height of the tree is really strange and the measurement with Father Spider is wrong, you just need to see his feet
Wouldn’t change the result much and I’m on mobile atm. I measured the tree in a way that would actually get all of it. The tree’s appearance in that shot makes it look curved.

I disagree with using the hands' entire height for the crater. The hand demon begins digging underground to attack Tanjiro a few panels earlier which means it was an overtime thing, so we should only use the height of the fragments seen in that panel.

I also think 1 second for a 270° degree might be a bit too low of an estimate but idk

Thank you for collaborating to reach a conclusion.

I disagree with using the hands' entire height for the crater. The hand demon begins digging underground to attack Tanjiro a few panels earlier which means it was an overtime thing, so we should only use the height of the fragments seen in that panel.
That’s fair. I can edit this.
I also think 1 second for a 270° degree might be a bit too low of an estimate but idk
Swings in general don’t last long at all so I thought it was a fair estimate.

Edit: I edited the Hand Demon calc based on instructions. It's now 0.014 tons, so slightly above baseline 9-A.

Last edited:
That’s fair. I can edit this.
I'm still not sure if the 185 cm height is accurate, I mean you're measuring the height of how high a pebble was launched if I understand correctly, but I don't see what that has to do with the ground destroyed by the hands
Swings in general don’t last long at all so I thought it was a fair estimate.
Eh, might be, neutral

I'm still not sure if the 185 cm height is accurate, I mean you're measuring the height of how high a pebble was launched if I understand correctly, but I don't see what that has to do with the ground destroyed by the hands
You said the fragments so I thought this is what you meant.

My mistake, I didn't explain right, I meant calculating the height of those closer to the ground, maybe increasing it by 25% or so since it's clearly not all that was destroyed.

I'm looking at the scan and I don't see which ones would be closer to the ground. Plus, the Hand Demon was digging yeah, but he came up from the ground immediately so I don't see the issue with using the length of the arm.

Eh, the issue is that maybe the hands were like, 30 cm below the ground before springing up

... no, it means the opposite, cause for all we know the final thrust itself could have just smashed through 30 cm of rock and the rest of the digging was done overtime albeit quickly

That's not a universal constant, but the start of a math problem. Height and radius are normally not related.

I see. Personally, I'm not exactly sure what the issue with using the length of the arm is, but you said something about the fragments? I'm fine with trying that, but I'm not exactly sure what you're exactly referring to.

I'm kinda poor at explaining since English isn't my first language, maybe I can try doing the pixel scaling myself to show you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back