• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer: Pretty big downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, not part of the downgrade, but I was considering adding an extra durability note for Muzan, where his entire body is At least MCB level using the Flesh Shield, given that it can take repeated attacks from the Pillars at all directions, and needed Tanjiro to cut him from the inside to put him down.

Yes because they’re too different to just use the anime
And manga is the primary source to be used
Okay.

I've noticed that Rengoku doesn't have the third form of the Fire Breathing listed. Said third form was introduced in the movie and didn't appear in manga as far as I know which is probably the reason why it isn't on his page. Should it be added?

I've made the change, so if anyone in this thread has something against it, please tell me that soon.

Last edited:
sorry, i totally forgot. i'll try to get to it tomorrow, please remind me again if i don't

Thank you for helping out. It is appreciated.

The anime Whirpool feat faithfully replicates the manga panel, though it displays an extended aftermath.
0012-011.png
0012-012.png
ComposedPhysicalAmericanlobster-size_restricted.gif

I think it is OK to use the aftermath shown in the anime due to being secondary canon (author supervision), and the anime providing new information not shown in the manga like what occurred in the Hashira meeting and Flame Breathing's Third Form.

As long as the scene was closely adapted from the manga, it should probably be fine to use, yes.

Well, if anyone attempts to calculate it, just remember that most of a whirlpool is empty

Thank you for helping out.

Would you be willing to evaluate it Armorchompy?

Okay. Never mind then.
Well, it could still be used as a supporting feat since it is just slightly lower than the boulder cutting feat from the OP provided no calculations with higher results like the other two from the same blog as the whirlpool feat are used for Tanjiro at the beginning of the series which is admittedly not likely as far as I can tell.

Well, it could still be used as a supporting feat since it is just slightly lower than the boulder cutting feat from the OP provided no calculations with higher results like the other two from the same blog as the whirlpool feat are used for Tanjiro at the beginning of the series which is admittedly not likely as far as I can tell.
I believe the Hand Demon calc just needs an adjustment based on what Armorchompy defines as the height of it, and I'm not sure what he thinks of the father spider demon calc.

I think KING might have had some issues with the tree calc?

Anyway as for the hand demon calc what I was proposing was simply calculating the height of the fragments at the bottom of the screen, like, how tall they are.

I think KING might have had some issues with the tree calc?

Anyway as for the hand demon calc what I was proposing was simply calculating the height of the fragments at the bottom of the screen, like, how tall they are.
I’m iffy on that to be honest.

It's definitely a lowball but if we don't know the depth that he destroyed that's the only way to do it

It's definitely a lowball but if we don't know the depth that he destroyed that's the only way to do it
Is there no way to get a minimum depth? The arms do have a certain thickness and did presumably dig a certain distance below the ground since Tanjiro didn't seem to pick up on any sign of their activity other than their smell coming from the ground.

Can you check out the calc again? I adjusted it and now it's 0.006 tons, which is slightly above baseline 9-A. And could the other calcs be evaluated as well?

Is there no way to get a minimum depth? The arms do have a certain thickness and did presumably dig a certain distance below the ground since Tanjiro didn't seem to pick up on any sign of their activity other than their smell coming from the ground.
I don't think there's any way to get it for sure.
Can you check out the calc again? I adjusted it and now it's 0.006 tons, which is slightly above baseline 9-A. And could the other calcs be evaluated as well?
Seems alright, approved

Don't think so, it doesn't add much. It's the same sequence of "oh ****, demon smell under me" -> demon appears under him.

Okay, all 3 calcs have been accepted, so Tanjirou's first key would appear the same as it does now. Scaling wise, though, Demon Slayer Mark Tanjirou would be 0.6 tons (8-C) via the 100x multiplier and then Hatengu is 4x that, which is 2.4 tons (High 8-C)

Don't think so, it doesn't add much. It's the same sequence of "oh ****, demon smell under me" -> demon appears under him.
Well, unlike the manga you can see four hands instead of three bursting out of the ground which might be due to the width of the corresponding manga panel. After that we get a view of just how high Tanjiro and the hands went up unlike the manga. If none of that helps, then I don't know any further.

Okay, all 3 calcs have been accepted, so Tanjirou's first key would appear the same as it does now. Scaling wise, though, Demon Slayer Mark Tanjirou would be 0.6 tons (8-C) via the 100x multiplier and then Hatengu is 4x that, which is 2.4 tons (High 8-C)
Okay. That is probably fine to apply.

What do the rest of you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back