• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer: Pretty big downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
New calculations/Recalculations

Tanjiro Slicing a Boulder recalculation - Wall level (0.0014 Tons)
Wooden Dragons breaking the ground - Building level (0.67 Tons)

Ok so the Boulder calculation we were scaling 60% of the verse around was questioned and shown to be invalid in this Calc group discussion thread
So the scaling of the verse needs to be redone (kinda) just adjusting the numbers really.

Explanation
Ok so due to Zou Hakuten being a fusion of 4 Demons the feat should be divided by 4 for each
Which gets 0.167 Tons of Tnt each (9-A+)
This will be what characters like Post Zeroshiki Training Tanjiro and Tengen will scale to

But since Post Zeroshiki scales to his demon slayer mark from the Red Light District (100x amp) Post Rehabilitation base Tanjiro Will scale to 0.00167 Tons of Tnt (Wall level)

Which is consistent with his start of series feat of cutting the Boulder being 0.0014 Tons (Lower into Wall level) which a lot of characters massively upscale from
That’s all
Simple revision

Last edited:
Yeah uh...

Ugarik clearly stated to go with compressive strength instead in the original calc.

In this case it would be the pulverization strength of rock, 214.35 MPa.

So, 214.35 MPa x 4.15265 x 0.0064 m = 5.696771376 megajoules or 0.0013615610363289 tons of TNT (Still Wall level)

Yeah uh...

Ugarik clearly stated to go with compressive strength instead in the original calc.

In this case it would be the pulverization strength of rock, 214.35 MPa.

So, 214.35 MPa x 4.15265 x 0.0064 m = 5.696771376 megajoules or 0.0013615610363289 tons of TNT (Still Wall level)
Mmmmmmm, I see matches with TF2...

I agree with the downgrade btw

Looking at the old calculation, is it not necessary to use the change tensile to shear force?
The old calculation is incorrect as is.

Actual cutting feats go like this: Area of the object cut times thickness of the blade (Edge thickness if it is a perfectly clean cut which is not the case here) times the compressive strength of the material AKA pulverization strength, since cutting involves compressing the material downwards.

Remade the boulder calculation.

Small downgrade but still 9-A.

Heck, even this can be calculated at 9-A.
84633b2324fe79289232a548f2adeb28b0407868.gifv

One possible feat that can yield 8-C for the Lower Moons with a KE calc is this:

0062-009.png

The movie has an expanded fight scene where multiple pillars of flesh, similar to the giant hands, are created. Which is much easier to calc.
The problem with the manga panel is that it is difficult to get the volume of flesh.

Remade the boulder calculation.

Small downgrade but still 9-A.
Are you calculating the volume pulverized when it is not pulverized? Tanjiro simply cut the stone, and did not pulverized. The arc is intended for Tabjiro to learn how to cut things
One possible feat that can yield 8-C for the Lower Moons with a KE calc is this:

0062-009.png

The movie has an expanded fight scene where multiple pillars of flesh, similar to the giant hands, are created. Which is much easier to calc.
The problem with the manga panel is that it is difficult to get the volume of flesh.
Actually, I calculated it and the result was 9-A to 8-C using the train's GPE and KE. But that doesn't scale for almost anyone. Only the Pillars and upper moons scale above

Are you calculating the volume pulverized when it is not pulverized? Tanjiro simply cut the stone, and did not pulverized. The arc is intended for Tabjiro to learn how to cut things
Compressive strength and pulverization strength are treated the same here on this wiki.

Cutting feats in general utilize compressive strength where the material is pressed in downwards or in a compressive manner, much like how a hydraulic press crushes stuff by pressing into them, except in this case the sword is the super thin hydraulic press and it cuts through a thin section of the rock. And there is very little material left on the rock at the very bottom.

Yes, but actually my problem is the fact that he assumes the cut was 22 centimeters in diameter.
Like I said, just go with the 0.64 cm thickness and use the pulv. strength anyway, so final result is 5.696-ish megajoules

Actually, I calculated it and the result was 9-A to 8-C using the train's GPE and KE. But that doesn't scale for almost anyone. Only the Pillars and upper moons scale above
The second databook mentioned that Rui is actually as powerful as Lower Moon One or Two (though he didn't care about his rank and didn't bother increasing it). Furthermore, Tanjiro cut through Enmu's neck, so there is that.

Yes, but actually my problem is the fact that he assumes the cut was 22 centimeters in diameter.
It was scaled/calculated not assumed though.

The second databook mentioned that Rui is actually as powerful as Lower Moon One or Two (though he didn't care about his rank and didn't bother increasing it). Furthermore, Tanjiro cut through Enmu's neck, so there is that.
Well, if you have the Scan it will be useful to scale. I can calculate the feat later
It was scaled/calculated not assumed though
You don't calculate the diameter of the cut, you calculate how much the stone has tilting with the cut. If you cut something in half, both sides of the thing will tilting.

Damn, you are assuming that Tanjiro pulverizes 22 centimeters. With that logic Tanjiro wouldn't just decapitate fodder demons, the heads would literally have disappeared when he attacked

Last edited:
Well, if you have the Scan it will be useful to scale. I can calculate the feat later

You don't calculate the diameter of the cut, you calculate how much the stone has tilting with the cut. If you cut something in half, both sides of the thing will tilting.

Damn, you are assuming that Tanjiro pulverizes 22 centimeters. With that logic Tanjiro wouldn't just decapitate fodder demons, the heads literally disappeared when he attacked
Just one thing to clarify, the 22 cm is the thickness of the cut material, the actual diameter would be the diameter of the rock.

Think of a CD you put in a DVD drive, that's what the rock being cut would look like, like a big stone table top but incredibly thin.

Diameter and thickness in a volume are two separate things. Volume is basically area times thickness. In this case thickness would be the thickness of the blade and area would be pi times radius of boulder squared. And here, multiplying with blade thickness gives you an incredibly wide cylinder that is also super thin, like a CD or a DVD (Or a Blu-Ray disc for the matter).

Translated here
Although [Rui] had been a demon for less than twenty years, he was highly capable and was well liked by Muzan. In terms of ability, he was probably as skillful as the Lower Moon One or Two. He wasn’t obsessed with numbers, so he didn’t think about a death match to replace them. Muzan expected Rui would be able to defeat the Pillars.

If he recovered the power he shared with his individual “family members” before they were defeated one by one (he shared them his Blood Demon Art in the form of a spider they swallowed) he would have had a good fight with the Pillars, and might have been stronger than them.

However, he made so many errors after becoming emotional after his fight with Tanjiro and the others. When he lost his cool, his attacks went forceful but monotonous. If Rui was defeated first, then the other Demons who played the role of his “family” would not be able to use the Demon Blood Art he gave them.

Raws for the second databook here, though unnecessary since the relevant part is translated.

Damn, you are assuming that Tanjiro pulverizes 22 centimeters. With that logic Tanjiro wouldn't just decapitate fodder demons, the heads would literally have disappeared when he attacked
A flat base doesn't allow room for tilting, and a section remains connected at the bottom. If this much tilting occurred, it would've been visible from images before and after the strike. So what is calculated would be the diameter of the cut.

Tanjiro has surprisingly little experience fighting fodder demons, though in fiction the destructive capacity of feats are often not replicated in attacks that scale (ex. stray Ki blasts in Dragon Ball not destroying planets).

New calculations/Recalculations

Tanjiro Slicing a Boulder recalculation - Wall level (0.00038 Tons)
Wooden Dragons breaking the ground - Building level (0.67 Tons)

Ok so the Boulder calculation we were scaling 60% of the verse around was questioned and shown to be invalid in this Calc group discussion thread
So the scaling of the verse needs to be redone (kinda) just adjusting the numbers really.

Explanation
Ok so due to Zou Hakuten being a fusion of 4 Demons the feat should be divided by 4 for each
Which gets 0.167 Tons of Tnt each (9-A+)
This will be what characters like Post Zeroshiki Training Tanjiro and Tengen will scale to

But since Post Zeroshiki scales to his demon slayer mark from the Red Light District (100x amp) Post Rehabilitation base Tanjiro Will scale to 0.00167 Tons of Tnt (Wall level)

Which is consistent with his start of series feat of cutting the Boulder being 0.00038 Tons (Lower into Wall level) which a lot of characters massively upscale from
That’s all
Simple revision
Ok minor adjustment using KLOL’s suggestion
It’s now more like
Beginning of Series Tanjiro = 0.0014 tons of TNT (Wall level)
A lot closer to his post Rehabilitation training stats now but still below it

Well unless people agree that Tanjiro legit pulverized 22cm of rock
If that’s agreed upon I guess the changes will be minuscule but people seem to really really disagree with that idea.

Aight, now that has been accepted, let us look for other feats for that key. Because I find it hard to believe that Tanjiro's best feat in this key is merely slicing a rock in half. There's gotta be way better stuff than that.

I don't recall anything else from watching the anime- I might be wrong obviously but the verse is fairly low on power showings.

The only thing I remembered was like a tree swinging attack Tanjiro took
And Gyutaro’s blood tornado thing possibly
But yeah the early arcs have very little feats around 9-C/9-B

Last edited:
Would the whirlpool attack Tanjiro did against the Swamp Demon be noteworthy?

Not sure, it'd be weird to quantify this kinda feat especially since he did it underwater which boosted its power and by kinda building up momentum IIRC, so it's not something that any sword slash he does is comparable to.

Not sure, it'd be weird to quantify this kinda feat especially since he did it underwater which boosted its power and by kinda building up momentum IIRC, so it's not something that any sword slash he does is comparable to.
Tanjiro has created the whirlpool through twisting his upper and lower body which means that the force of the attack is the force he generated with nothing but said twisting. I'd assume that the water simply enhances the effect of the attack through the attack having now the water as a medium instead of air which would make more sense to me than Tanjiro being able to somehow twist with more force underwater.

Tanjiro has created the whirlpool through twisting his upper and lower body which means that the force of the attack is the force he generated with nothing but said twisting. I'd assume that the water simply enhances the effect of the attack through the attack having now the water as a medium instead of air which would make more sense to me than Tanjiro being able to somehow twist with more force underwater.
Yeah I mean wouldn’t their be more resistance underwater due to water being a more dense medium?

So Tanjiro’s whirlpool may be good 9-B to 9-A or so feat if calcable

I mean logically yeah but it ain't presented that way so idk.

I mean, I at least think it should scale to Tanjiro’s striking power although even if calculated
Should the speed be assumed to be akin to a tornado based on the feats portrayal in the anime? Or just use actual whirlpool speed (much slower) which is around more so 11 m/s

I mean, I at least think it should scale to Tanjiro’s striking power although even if calculated
Should the speed be assumed to be akin to a tornado based on the feats portrayal in the anime? Or just use actual whirlpool speed (much slower) which is around more so 11 m/s
Actually wait nvm checking the manga version it’s far less exaggerated there

I'm not sure if the first feat should scale to Tanjiro since Father Spider is much stronger than him and Inosuke, to the point that he effortlessly ragdolls them and Inosuke can't even normally cut through his skin.

Speaking of Father Spider though, doesn't he send Tanjiro flying dozens of meters away or am I mistaken? If not that could have a good yield.

I'm not sure if the first feat should scale to Tanjiro since Father Spider is much stronger than him and Inosuke, to the point that he effortlessly ragdolls them and Inosuke can't even normally cut through his skin.
Tanjiro can likely scale to the father spider demon feat with Dance of the fire god
Tanjiro can slash Rui’s strongest threads with a Broken sword
Rui>Father spider demon

Last edited:
Yeah but afterwards it began to crush his skull and Inosuke mentions it was kind of a casual attack and it still completely overpowered him. Again I'm not opposed to it since the feat doesn't look above 9-B but it would have to be mentioned that Father Spider is stronger in the moment.
Tanjiro can likely scale to the father spider demon feat with Dance of the fire god
Tanjiro can slash Rui’s strongest theeads with a Broken sword
Rui>Father spider demon
Yeah I definitely agree with that, Tanjiro & friends probably scale fully after the training arc too, just not at the moment imo.

Yeah but afterwards it began to crush his skull and Inosuke mentions it was kind of a casual attack and it still completely overpowered him
Imo it has weird scaling implications
Tanjiro can break Inosuke’s ribs with one punch
The father spider demon failed to do such a thing (Breaking any of his bones) with that hit.

So Tanjiro’s punch>The father spider demon?
Depite Tanjiro being shocked by Rui being even stronger than the father spider demon
So likely it was just a more casual hit from the father spider demon.

To be fair it could also just be that Tanjiro's punch landed better than Spider's, after all Inosuke was airborne in the latter case so being flung away could have absorbed some of the blow. Or not, idk. Generally though I don't think it's controversial to say Father Spider was much stronger than either of them in the moment they fought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back