• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) Discussion Thread #4

I'm joking, that's why i said "shitpost".

It's basically an "everything's changed'" scenario but is actually the same as it started but worse.

@Steve rogers1

He dies unless he builds a campfire, sorta like Don't Starve

Just realized it but who added a new demon key to Tanjirou's profile and made it 8-A? We don't even have any actual feats for him yet other than beating up weaken Base Giyuu.

The image is cropped and the resolution is kinda low. We could just use the image from the KnY wiki which is uncropped and has a higher resolution.

He's 8-A because he was infused with all of Muzan's remaining power and was stated that, if he overcame his weakness to the sun (which he did), he would be the strongest demon to exist.

We don't add hypothetical future stats. There's a reason why Deku who used to have a future key was removed. Demon Tanjirou is pretty much the same we know he will eventually become that strong but he is no where near 8-A right now.

The issue isn't even that, he has hardly any feats in his Demon Form, he shouldn't have the key at all yet

I guess that's fair, but honestly, 8-A for demon form Tanjiro isn't much of a stretch imo

But removing the key seems good as well

It isn't much of a stretch for him to be 8-A, the issue is he is basically featless at this moment

Yeah, hence why I said it's fair to remove the key altogether until we get more feats from him.

Or if we must absolutely 100% keep the key, change it to "Possibly 8-A"

Demon Tanjirou was briefly pinned down by a weakened and one armed Base Giyuu. And a weakened Inosuke was also able to keep up with him. So yeah even a possibly 8-A isn't happened. We should just remove the key or put it at unknown until he has actual feats.

I put it there due to most of Muzan's words, but yeah, Unknow would be better for now. Since Tanjiro is only feral in this state, he cannot use Muzan's full potential yet.

Also, this is something I just realized, but if Tanjiro's going to survive, that would mean that demons are going to survive, too. After all, wasn't one of the reason people wanted to kill Muzan the fact that killing him would also kill every other demon?

TriforcePower1 said:
Also, this is something I just realized, but if Tanjiro's going to survive, that would mean that demons are going to survive, too. After all, wasn't one of the reason people wanted to kill Muzan the fact that killing him would also kill every other demon?
We'll have to see how Muzan passing his power on to Tanjiro and the survival of every other demon are correlated. They might have all died with Muzan dying after all. Unless we get direct confirmation regarding that, it will be hard to know what the case is with them.

Ok, some bad news, this week we will get a chapter, but next week, we won't get a chapter due to an editor of Shonen Jump being suspected of having Covid-19, but at the very least, the week after that we'll have 2 chapters in one week, so basically we'll get 202 this week, then 2 weeks will pass, then we'll get 203 and 204 at the same time If we even still have 3 chapters left

Yep, a confirmed Coronavirus case in the office. Expect a brutal cliffhangar as usual; hopefully we at least get hints on whether the series is continuing or not.

Also, almost half of Japan live under a state of emergency now at least until the 6th of May, so more HF3 delays and potential leak delay. There are no enforcement or penalties, but non-essential shops are asked to voluntarily shut down.

EDIT: So it turns out that "Double Issue" in WSJ terminology rarely means two chapters in one issue; more like one issue covering for two weeks. So it is best to assume that we will only have one chapter released the week after the break.

Why would you type that, spoilers don't really imply that, also you're misleading the peeps

You got it wrong. I meant the situation from the first chapter is happening again but roles were changed. Now Nezuko gotta feel what Tanjiro was feeling from the chapter.

Yeah, that's what I was saying^

The way the story is progressing, Tanjirou will fight off Muzan's influence and get to live, I mean Nezuko basically said "Why does Tanjirou always have to suffer for me"

In general this looks like it's going a good ending route, I really hope we get a Tanjirou vs Muzan in his mind kind of thing, I love when stories do that

So demon tanjiro can apparently fire Cero through his mouth and sprout a bone scorpion sting.

Still, i hope he goes human soon.

Similar situation to Rave Master? I kinda want to see that but Nezuko probably going to help Tanjiro overcoming him.

Imagine him still being able to do so after being fully turned back into a human. My man no longer has a dragon thematic, he is now a dragon lol

Genya's Regenerationn look to be definitely Low-Mid from what I saw; I am not sure why it is rated as High-Low. Even the High-Low Regenerationn's justifications look to be Low-Mid.

Genya's hole feat was placed in his second key since at was assumed that his demonic form regen is in a higher tier, but looking at it I agree; he has Low-Mid regen in his first key. Hantengu's clones were pretty sure he is now dead multiple times and kept getting shocked when he wasn't, so he didn't just regen from minor organ damage.

There are also a couple of Genya-specific revisions I had in mind:

• 1- Statistic amplification: Despite not being able to use Breath, he can still enter Full-Focus and increase his strength and speed via. repetitive actio. So it would be Statistical Amplification (Enters a state of Full-Focus by chanting prayers, increasing his strength and speed)
  • 2- Stealth Mastery: Demon slayers and demons can both sense the presence of others, but Genya genuinely believed he is capable of sneaking up on UP4 and UP1 to get the jump on them. Hiding presence is possible as demonstrated by Daki . So it would be Stealth Mastery (Capable of sneaking up on some demons without being sensed)
Less than four hours for the movie trailer. Though expect a delay (possibly to 2021), and a potentially shortened trailer.

As for the leaks.

Leaked chapter Spoilers
Kanao is extremely unlikely to be dead. If the plot gets resolved in a couple of chapters then it would mean that Tanjiro is obligated to commit Seppuku and potentially go to hell. If there is a sequel then it would be wasting her character since she had a disappointing showing against Muzan, and seemingly went to hiding despite having less injuries than the rest of the fighters.
Muzan already knows how to break down the medicine, and Tanjiro has Muzan's memories, so for the medicine to work Tanjiro needs to actively not resist the medicine. So I think a mental battle is happening, and I am seeing two likely routes for the story to proceed:

• Rushed Ending: Tanjiro mentally awakes and yeets Muzan's influence. He gets Talk no Jutsu'd, and embraces the medicine. The survivors live happily ever after, and as a bonus Tanjiro gets his eye and arm back.
  • Sequel Milking: It is established that the medicine does not work and everyone loses hope, but resisting the medicine made Tanjiro mentally awake; he resists Muzan's influence enough to spare the cast and runs away (though if Gotouge is feeling particularly sadistic, Tanjiro might kill a random Kakushi for more angst). But there is still hope! Yushiro tells the cast about the Blue Spider Lily being the origin of demons, and believes he is capable of devising superior medicine to cure/kill Tanjiro with it. Plus a part of Tanjiro is kinda still there. The sequel is about the younger cast getting stronger and hunting down the Blue Spider Lily in an attempt to stop the new King of Demons.
Tanjiro unlocked new move: Tailed Beast Bomb Cero.

So it seems that when Tanjiro does use Blood Arts, he can toss back Giyu, Inosuke and Zenitsu. He is also fast enough to react to Kanao using her Spider Eyes, quick enough to attack her but not fast enough for the surprise injection.

I should also add the new powers: Shapeshifting and Energy Projection.

Back