• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) Discussion Thread #4

Seeing as Demon Slayer is almost done...I could use some help with Mission: Yozakura Family as currently I am the only one on this site that even reads it and it hurts my soul...

Let's wait for the end of the series with revisions, Tanjirou may be possessed by Muzan

@Dragon

I guess it's pretty niche :p

I heard that both are quite different overall. Although this is from a Viz conversation so idk...

Here's the comment.

"Having said that, Spy x Family came before Mission: Yozakura Family and the only thing that the two manga series have in common is that they are both from the action comedy genre (more specifically, spy comedy genre). Beyond the one thing that the two manga series have in common, the two of them have different storylines and are totally different from each other; not to mention, Spy x Family is from Shonen Jump Plus, while Mission: Yozakura Family is from Weekly Shonen Jump. A better compare/contrast would be between We Never Learn and The Quintessential Quintuplets as they tend to have more in common with each other (despite being from different companies) than Spy x Family and Mission: Yozakura Family have with each other. Spy x Family and Mission: Yozakura Family are each unique and excellent in their own way."

April's fools. These kind of author comments (which are mostly humourous) only show up in the WSJ magazine issues in Sunday, untranslated in Japanese (i.e if it was leaked the image would be in Japanese and taken from a mobile camera. Also the procedure is to first make an announcement that there is no KnY issue next week and then announce hiatus/cancellation in the following weeks; not the author randomly stating "Manga is cancelled!"). So unless you can trace the image to the official Shonen Jump english twitter account, it is fake.

So I went back and read the entire Final Battle with Muzan in one sitting and it is far better read in back to back chapters, like it's really intense and you feel the desperation, like I liked it before, but reading it in succession really makes it drag less

That's why I waited until the fight was over to binge the fight all at once. The fight is waaaaaay more intense than it likely was waiting for a continuation a week.

OMG, I F*CKING CALLED IT, THIS COULD NOT BE ANY WORSE FOR LITERALLY ANYONE I really hope he dies tonight

Wow, Goutoge really did that to us, the final battle may not be the final battle... I really hope that's not true though, I feel like it needs to end tonight or the past 50 chapters and all the death has been pointless...

Also Tanjirou could totally still be in there, since his body never died

Well we wanted Tanjirou to live, I guess this is the result of that, also haters who said Muzan got no backstory and Muzan's death was unclimatic... eat your hearts out

I feel like he's gonna break free and like expell Muzan. And hey, it's a plus as Muzan basically healed all Tanjiro's injuries ovo

Now that I read some translations for spoilers... looks like Tanjirou gonna be the new main villain and Muzan is technically gone... basically Muzan says he'll die, but he's implanting his will inside Tanjirou for him to become the Strongest Demon and conquer the sun

Get ready for Kimetsu no Yaiba Shippuden, I guess Shonen Jump just couldn't let this end after all the money it made...

Evil Tanjirou as the the Next Muzan... my heart is extremely conflicted right now... like would it have been better for it to just end

I doubt it. I think it will be Tanjiro overcoming Muzan's will that saves the day....At least I hope.

They could go Tanjirou vs Muzan in a battle of will in this arc, which would be cool, or they can go another arc, where they have to defeat Demon King Tanjirou who has become corrupted and then they do the battle of will thing... wait? this is just the plot of Nanatsu no Taizai, but better

I'm actually kinda hyped to see what happens next, because honestly, I have no f*cking idea anymore, also I'm pretty confident there's no way Tanjirou's living to end now...

I still have hope for Tanjirou to live happy, but far less now

Also those who doubted me when I said Muzan could still be alive because Shonen Jump kept asking "Is Muzan really dead?" should give a Kudos

If Tanjirou can't wrestle control from Muzan, then the others are ******. I have to wonder though, what was Muzan crying about?

Text Spoilers: https://pastebin.com/jR758Atq

I find this to be awesome (of course if the Muzan fight was climatic this would be a different story), and Muzan gets character development to boot. So there are some possibilities:

• Rushed Ending 1: Tanjiro completely suppresses Muzan's influence after seeing Nezuko, and submits to getting turned into a human even with Muzan's memories and will clawing at his mind.
  • Rushed Ending 2: Tanjiro resists Muzan's influence after seeing Nezuko, and allows himself to be decapitated.
  • Sequel: Tanjiro gets an identity crisis after seeing Nezuko, and runs away, and eventually decides to become the antagonist. Nezuko is the new protagonist.
  • Bad Ending: Tanjiro is unstoppable and kills everyone.
If it is ending then it would be a rushed ending; this plotline extended the story, and there are only 4 chapters left before a volume gets filled, so it would need to be resolved in three chapters to allow an epilogue chapter. Rushed Ending 2 is particularly unlikely because Tanjiro conquered the sun, so killing him should require a Yoriichi-tier red blade.

"Breath of the Eclipse" anyone?

Well... on the bright side, Tanjirou has his eye and arm back... also the flesh thing on his face is gone... yaaaayyyy.... I'm very emotionally compromised right now

Also there is a legit chance that Shonen Jump will make The story continue for a lot longer since it's been selling well, I hope that doesn't happen tho...

ShadowWhoWalks said:
Text Spoilers: https://pastebin.com/jR758Atq
I find this to be awesome (of course if the Muzan fight was climatic this would be a different story), and Muzan gets character development to boot. So there are some possibilities:

• Rushed Ending 1: Tanjiro completely suppresses Muzan's influence after seeing Nezuko, and submits to getting turned into a human even with Muzan's memories and will clawing at his mind.
  • Rushed Ending 2: Tanjiro resists Muzan's influence after seeing Nezuko, and allows himself to be decapitated.
  • Sequel: Tanjiro gets an identity crisis after seeing Nezuko, and runs away, and eventually decides to become the antagonist. Nezuko is the new protagonist.
  • Bad Ending: Tanjiro is unstoppable and kills everyone.
If it is ending then it would be a rushed ending; this plotline extended the story, and there are only 4 chapters left before a volume gets filled, so it would need to be resolved in three chapters to allow an epilogue chapter. Rushed Ending 2 is particularly unlikely because Tanjiro conquered the sun, so killing him should require a Yoriichi-tier red blade.

"Breath of the Eclipse" anyone?
After all the sacrifices i really hope its rushed ending 1.

Muzan: "Don't die, I believe in you... Tanjirou Kamado"

Man, Tanjirou really made Muzan respect the fuq out of him... also Tanjirou now has Muzan's power while also being immune to the sun, I know it's probably obvious by now that he and Nezuko can resist the sun because they are from a family of Breath of the Sun users, so yeah...

Tanjirou is the real GOAT Demon King

Pretty sure Tanjirou isn't as strong as Muzan right now. He'll still need more time to get used to his power before reaching or surpassing Muzan.

Man if the Slayers Thought muzan was a nightmare to kill than Tanzan would be borderline impossible if he escapes

And if he adapts to surviving his head getting cut, he is unkillable. At this point i thinkk the slayers only option is for Nezuko to do what Tanjirou did for her.

I doubt Tanjirou will try to escape, not when Muzan basically told him "go and kil all those *******"

Back