• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) Discussion Thread #2

Also, I know this might be too much to ask, but what is the full, high detail scaling chain of Demon Slayer? Starting from Tanjirou after performing his 9-A feat.

= means equal or comparable to _

>= means slightly stronger than _

> means stronger than _

>> means much stronger than _

and >>> means can one-shot _

Mr.Cinos15 said:
Just the scaling chain of the verse in general if possible.
Yeah that's pretty much impossible since we don't exactly know how strong some characters are in comparison to each other. It's better to just give individual scaling chains. So I guess I'll just make one for Tanjiro.

Post-Pillar Training Tanjiro w/ Demon Slayer Mark > Akaza > Giyu w/ Demon Slayer Mark >> Post-Pillar Training Base Tanjiro > Base Giyu > Muichiro w/ Demon Slayer Mark > Post-Zeroshiki Training Tanjiro w/ Demon Slayer Mark >> Gyokko > Post-Rehabilitation Training Tanjiro w/ Demon Slayer Mark > Gyutaro > Base Muichiro >= Demon Form Nezuko >= Post-Zeroshiki Training Base Tanjiro = Hantengu's Primal Emotions >> Daki > Post-Rehabilitation Tanjiro w/ Dance of Fire God >> Enmu (Muzan Blood Enhanced) >= Post-Rehabilitation Training Base Tanjiro > Enmu > Rokuro > Wakuraba > Mukago > Rui > Kamanue > Post-Demon Slayer Training Tanjiro w/ Dance of the Fire God >> Post-Demon Slayer Training Base Tanjiro = 0.08 Ton

Understandable about not being able to make a verse wide scaling chain, but thanks a lot for Tanjirou's scaling chain!

Sorry for bothering you again, but where would current Zenitsu and Inosuke be placed in that scaling chain?

Zenitsu I'm not exactly sure. We know he is at the very least much stronger than Post-Zeroshiki Training Base Tanjiro since he had already passed Obanai's training while Post-Zeroshiki Training Tanjiro had to improve over the course of a few days before passing the training but that's about all we know.

Inosuke is actually really hard to place. We know he briefly surprised Doma and landed some hits due to his flexibility and dislocating his joints trick but Doma was playing around the whole time so not exactly sure if you could use that as a feat. Though he was almost able to push the boulder through a town so he shouldn't be that far behind Post-Pillar Training Base Tanjiro.

Hmm a little sad that it's hard to exactly pinpoint where they are in the scaling chain, but thanks anyways for answering as best as you could, really appreciate it.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
The mangaka's statement is an inconsistency, as Breath of Thunder has been referenced to smell, and sound like real lightning.
i know that i'm commenting this really late, but better late than never

i mean, just because it smell and sounds like real lightning doesn't makes it real lightning. If i smell like a dog and sound like a dog,am i dog?no,i'm still a human. Also thunder breathing has only been referenced to smell, and sound like real lightning it has never been stated that zenitsu move at lighting speed while using it or that the lightning coming out of him while using it is real(unless this has been stated in extra material in which case i stand corrected)

However, wasn't kaigaku's thunder breathing real lighting bc he used his demon art to make it real or im misremembering.

Against Hantengu, BoT is stated to be like lightning ripping through the air.

That's also a pretty bad example, considering how far away Tanjirou smelt it and heard it.

"Lightning ripping through the air" was describing Tanjiro's movement speed, which might as well be true since Mitsuri cut through multiple demon lightning bolts and Zenitsu outspeeding demon lightning; both were considered extraordinary speed feats.

The spider demon said that the air is shaking/vibrating after Zenitsu started using the Breath of Thunder. Which, again, is explainable through sensation manipulation per author comment.

Kaigaku said that his Breath of Thunder is now stronger, and gloated at how his attacks burns and cracks Zenitsu's skin. But the statement is not of value to prove whether Breath of Thunder produces physical lightning damage or not, since it is possible that Kaigaku was bragging because he had a stronger version of the techniques Zenitsu haven't learned.

The new chapter raws are crazy. And since we are talking about Zenitsu, here is the badass new BD/DVD volume cover featuring him.

I swear Zenitsu was designed after that Bruce Lee quote

"I don't fear man who practiced 10 thousands kicks, I fear man who practiced 1 kick 10 thousand times"

After 84 years I will type this.

I disagree with Zenitsu being the weakest due to the fact that while he fought an Upper Moon who was not as developed as the others, he still fought an Upper Moon by himself. Which is an impressive feat regardless. And him being damaged doesn't change much seeing as everyone in these fights have taken a shitton of damage from Upper Moons even when they have teammates. It has shown to always take at least two people to defeat one Upper Moon with damages, yet Zenitsu beat Upper Six by his lonesome. We don't know the power gap between Upper Six compared to say Upper Five. Regardless, I think it's quite early to say that Zenitsu is the weakest when he has one of the more impressive feats. Not to mention his overall speed as well making him the fastest of the main 5 (well 4 with the loss of Genya). He should stay comparable to the other two with Tanjiro being stronger with the mark.

Is that it? Well I'll go on and explain why I disagree with him not being the weakest.

Kaigaku can actually be argued to be stronger than Gyutaro due to being a former demon slayer before he turned into a demon. But still at most that just means he's stronger than former UM6 which still pales in comparison to Tanjiro's current feats.

Base Tanjiro is currently stronger than Base Giyu. Base Giyu is comparable if not just slightly weaker than Base Sanemi. Base Sanemi was strong enough to make Kokushibo draw his sword and actually fight him something Muichiro w/ Demon Slayer Mark couldn't do. Muichiro w/ Demon Slayer Mark blitz stomped Gyokko who was UM5 but was blitzed and completely unable to keep up with a casual Kokushibo. So yeah going by scaling Zenitsu doesn't really have any feats that puts him anywhere close to Tanjiro, Kanao, or Inosuke right now.

Still doesn't change the fact that Kokushibo only drew his sword once against Muichiro w/ Demon Slayer Mark while against Base Sanemi he actually had to draw his sword and actively engage him in combat.

Where in the world does this scaling come from?

"Base Tanjiro is currently stronger than Base Giyu. Base Giyu is comparable if not just slightly weaker than Base Sanemi."

Source where this is stated please. Otherwise, feats contradict this assumption.

"Base Sanemi was strong enough to make Kokushibo draw his sword and actually fight him something Muichiro w/ Demon Slayer Mark couldn't do."

Mkay, this has nothing to do with Giyu who had trouble with the much weaker Upper Three. If anything, this proves that Sanemi is much > than Giyu in power.

"Muichiro w/ Demon Slayer Mark blitz stomped Gyokko who was UM5 but was blitzed and completely unable to keep up with a casual Kokushibo."

That's neat. Doesn't explain why Giyu scales to Sanemi or why Tanjiro is above base Giyu.

Giyu and Sanemi were shown to be mostly comparable to each other during the sparring

Base Giyu was blown away after blocking one technique from Akaza

Base Tanjiro was able to parry a technique from Akaza head o

Base Tanjiro was also able to barely block another technique from Akaza without getting taken out

We also see that even after Giyu got briefly taken out Tanjiro was still able to keep up with Akaza for quite a while

"Giyu and Sanemi were shown to be mostly comparable to each other during the sparring"

Funnily enough, going by feats, Sanemi got much stronger past that point. Giyu who was having trouble with U3 shouldn't be able to perform the same feat as Sanemi. Just because they were even in a past arc =/= that couldn't have changed in another. Prove to me that Giyu in this very arc is comparable to Sanemi as their feats say otherwise. Nor does this explain why Zenitsu is weaker than inosuke or Kanao.

Base Sanemi was struggling to keep up with a casual Kokushibo who was barely trying. We see that after Kokushibo gets somewhat serious he was able to overpower Base Gyomei who is stronger than Kyojuro who is comparable Giyu w/ Demon Slayer Mark since he was also able to fight evenly with serious Akaza. Giyu was fighting against a serious Akaza. Also the Dimensional Infinity Fortress Arc literally takes place a few hours after their sparring. Both happened during the same day except one was during the day the other was during he night.

Again, how is this scaling formed?

Then quite honestly, the sparring is contradicted by later feats.

And once again, this is irrelevant to the mainpoint at hand Peter. This has nothing to do with Zenitsu scaling to inosuke and Kanao.

The sparring doesn't contradict later feats. Sanemi fought Kokushibo who wasn't really trying while Giyu was facing off against Akaza at full power.

Base Tanjiro was shown to be performing better than Giyu so he should be slightly stronger than if not equal to Sanemi who was also pretty much comparable to Giyu if not slightly stronger. And Base Sanemi was at the very least strong enough that Kokushibo has to draw his sword and put in some effort to fight him. Unlike with Muichiro who Kokushibo pretty much stomped without trying.

Base Tanjiro >= Base Sanemi >= Base Giyu > Muichiro w/ Demon Slayer Mark

I still disagree as this scaling truly doesn't make much sense to me. I'll have to reread to fix this. But once again, this has nothing to do with Zenitsu which you have constantly failed to address.

Zenitsu was overall comparable to Kaigaku without Form Seven. Kaigaku was merely UM6 with no hints at being stronger than the likes of Gyokko who was former UM5 whom Muichiro stomped after getting his mark.

So yeah this shows that Post-Pillar Training Base Tanjiro >> Post-Pillar Training Zenitsu.

I'll explain Kanao and Inosuke later need to finish my work before my next class.

Once again, I am not scaling Zenitsu to Tanjiro. How many times do I have to say this? I even made this point in my initial reply. Tanjiro is NOT relevant to the discussion for Zenitsu. This is getting irritating...

Well at the end of your post you said with Tanjiro being stronger with the mark so you made it sound like Tanjiro was weaker than Zenitsu without it. Which was why I explained why Base Tanjiro was stronger. Now on to explaining Kanao and Inosuke.

We learned from this page that Post-Zeroshiki Tanjiro made a full recovery. From this page we learned that Tanjiro passed the Tengen's training in 10 days. Here we learned that Tanjiro passed Muichiro's training in 5 days. We don't know how long it took Tanjiro to finish Mitsuri's training so I'll just be assuming 1 day as a high ball. Here we learned that Tanjiro finished Obanai's training in 4 days. So in total it took over 20 days for Tanjiro to reach Sanemi's training.

We learned that the Pillar Training started two days before Tanjiro got the letter from Ubuyashiki to talk to Giyu. It took Tanjiro four days to convince Giyu to talk to him. According to narration, at the same time Kanao had already reached Sanemi's training in just 6 days. By the time Tanjiro reached Gyomei's training Kanao was no where to be seen which means she has already finished the training a long time ago.

Since Kanao and Tanjiro were the only demon slayers to complete the entire Pillar Training and Kanao finished it way faster than Tanjiro did than by logic that would mean Base Kanao > Base Tanjiro. Which therefore also makes her much stronger than Zenitsu. It's also pretty consistent with Kanao being implied to be way stronger than the other members of the five senses ever since the beginning of the series.

While Zenitsu was still stuck at Sanemi's training. Inosuke was already at Gyomei's training. Zenitsu hasn't moved the boulder yet while Inosuke was really close to moving the boulder across tow. Which means he was really close to finishing the Pillar Training and shouldn't be that far behind Tanjiro. He was also able to keep up with and parry attacks from casual Doma to an extent alongside Base Kanao. So yeah that further shows that he shouldn't be too far behind Tanjiro. And I really doubt Kaigaku is anywhere near Doma's lvl even when he's playing around. So yeah Zenitsu is pretty behind compared to the rest of the five senses barring Genya. I'd say Zenitsu is probably around Gyokko's lvl while the others are probably around Zou Hakuten's lvl in base.

Except I disagree with using that progression to gauge whose stronger as Zenitsu didn't even get a chance to move the boulder due to the attacks happening before he could. Except once again, you are making up assumptions of how strong a casual character is which is extremely flawed and unfounded. We have no legitimate ouput of a casual Doma.

So you claim that you doubt Kaigaku is near casual Doma's level, but you have yet to prove what casual Doma's level is. You are literally using made up power levels. Prove to me that Doma being casual is as useful of a scale as you say it is which seems to only downplay Zenitsu's capabilities. Especially a serious Zenitsu who is far different from normal Zenitsu.

And that's the problem he never got to get stronger because of the sudden attack. If he got a few more days to train Zenitsu I also believe that he will probably be comparable to Inosuke and the others. But because of the attack he didn't and now he is behind.

Casual Doma can keep up with nearly blitz Kanao and Inosuke can also somewhat keep up with Doma. So overall Inosuke would also be around Base Kanao and Base Tanjiro's lvl though he is likely weaker than the two.

I still vehemently disagree, hut I just don't give a **** anymore. Do whatever the hell you guys want. My day has been shitty as is.

Back